Powercommander V Map Spreadsheet

Honda John, hello new member here. Could you help me figure out the performance mods done for the 3 different maps you have so kindly shared in this thread? Maybe edit you posts to show whose map and what mods done to each bike. Thanks fz1/Gary
 
r870621345s_imp said:
There's a map on the Powercommander site for the Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on with stock air filter...FYI.
Interesting that I missed this entire thread. I was obsessed with this topic for some time. The PC-V map for the Yoshi slip-on with stock filter is from my 2014 Standard. I rode to Vegas and let Dynojet run it on their Dyno and create a map in exchange for a PC-V. It was a fun trip and Chris from Dynojet was a class act.

Edit: I just hit 1,000 posts. I need to get a life. Nah.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
r870621345s_imp said:
There's a map on the Powercommander site for the Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on with stock air filter...FYI.
Interesting that I missed this entire thread. I was obsessed with this topic for some time. The PC-V map for the Yoshi slip-on with stock filter is from my 2014 Standard. I rode to Vegas and let Dynojet run it on their Dyno and create a map in exchange for a PC-V. It was a fun trip and Chris from Dynojet was a class act.

Edit: I just hit 1,000 posts. I need to get a life. Nah.

I'd say so...


Bwaaahaaahaaahhaaa. :rofl:




.
 
The ferret_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
r870621345s_imp said:
There's a map on the Powercommander site for the Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on with stock air filter...FYI.
Interesting that I missed this entire thread. I was obsessed with this topic for some time. The PC-V map for the Yoshi slip-on with stock filter is from my 2014 Standard. I rode to Vegas and let Dynojet run it on their Dyno and create a map in exchange for a PC-V. It was a fun trip and Chris from Dynojet was a class act.

Edit: I just hit 1,000 posts. I need to get a life. Nah.

I'd say so...


Bwaaahaaahaaahhaaa. :rofl:




.

I'd say so...


Bwaaahaaahaaahhaaa. :rofl:




.
The pot calling the kettle black ....

 
So I have a 2013 with Arrow slip on muffler and K&N filter and I am running a PCV. At the time I bought the PCV from MotoMummy the PCV came with the only PCV map available for CB1100 with stock exhaust and stock filter. I installed the PCV and map and the bike runs great. Lots more top end and mid range punch in my opinion. Read on here that PCV now has another map for CB1100 with Yoshimura slip on and stock filter (reference on the file says the map is for 2014 CB1100 with Yosh and stock filter even though I downloaded it from the 2013 section). I thought it might be a closer match for my setup so I downloaded the map and installed it on the bike. Right after install, I started to look at the two maps closely. They are vastly different. Whereas the original adds fuel in many of the cells throughout the rev range, the Yosh map actually takes fuel away in a lot of cells in the lower rev range with only slight increase in fuel in the mid to upper rev range and throttle % cells. Again, a vast difference from the original map from PCV. I was so unsure about this I pulled the second tune out immediately and replaced with the original tune I was running. I simply did not want to chance it. Is anybody else out there running the PCV tune for the Yoshimura exhaust with stock filter? If so, how does it perform? It seems exactly opposite of what I would think you want with a slip on. These bikes are lean from the factory and adding a new high flow muffler would only make the bike leaner. I would think adding fuel is more the norm versus pulling fuel out. I welcome your comments or observations.
 
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
So I have a 2013 with Arrow slip on muffler and K&N filter and I am running a PCV. At the time I bought the PCV from MotoMummy the PCV came with the only PCV map available for CB1100 with stock exhaust and stock filter. I installed the PCV and map and the bike runs great. Lots more top end and mid range punch in my opinion. Read on here that PCV now has another map for CB1100 with Yoshimura slip on and stock filter (reference on the file says the map is for 2014 CB1100 with Yosh and stock filter even though I downloaded it from the 2013 section). I thought it might be a closer match for my setup so I downloaded the map and installed it on the bike. Right after install, I started to look at the two maps closely. They are vastly different. Whereas the original adds fuel in many of the cells throughout the rev range, the Yosh map actually takes fuel away in a lot of cells in the lower rev range with only slight increase in fuel in the mid to upper rev range and throttle % cells. Again, a vast difference from the original map from PCV. I was so unsure about this I pulled the second tune out immediately and replaced with the original tune I was running. I simply did not want to chance it. Is anybody else out there running the PCV tune for the Yoshimura exhaust with stock filter? If so, how does it perform? It seems exactly opposite of what I would think you want with a slip on. These bikes are lean from the factory and adding a new high flow muffler would only make the bike leaner. I would think adding fuel is more the norm versus pulling fuel out. I welcome your comments or observations.
The map that you tried and pulled immediately was created off of my 2014 standard (with the Yoshi slip-on and stock air filter). I've been running that map since early January with absolutely no issues. My CB runs smoothly and strongly and the map was created by a guy at Dynojet Research who I was told is rather obsessive compulsive in his work (which was said in a good way). My mileage is on par with what others are getting (upper 40s, occasionally low 50s) and my max HP registered at 92.10 with max torque at 70.56. I've read of at least one other member on the forum who is running the same map. I don't remember who it is though. Hopefully, they will see this and weigh in with their experience as well.

Here's the print out I received after the tune:



If you look at the A/F ratio graph at the bottom, you'll see that the ideal ratio is represented by the dotted red line. The solid red line represents my AFR prior to the tune. You can see that although not awful, it was running a bit rich. The solid blue line is after the tune and you can see that the AFR is more consistently closer to the ideal ratio, while staying just a tad rich, throughout the entire rev range. No lean condition as a result of the numbers you see in the map. Hope that helps.
 
Metallyguitarded - Thanks. Your bike is obviously dialed in as you can attest from the dyno sheet and A/F graph Interested to hear what others have to say. Question, I notice a bit more black soot deposited on my muffler tip over time. These just wipe off but a tell tale sign the bike is running richer. Do you get any deposits at the end of your muffler running this tune? What is the seat of the pants feeling you get from the bike on this tune? Wonder if someone with time might compare this tune to some of the other tunes folks have had done and documented here on the forum.
 
I just went and checked the tip of my muffler and there's no black soot. At least, nothing I would consider abnormal; just a slightly darker discoloration to the metal. I'm afraid I haven't calibrated my backside in years so I don't trust its ability to gauge performance with any confidence. Much like the rest of me, it has a rather rough exterior but is actually quite sensitive. All I can say is that my CB runs great, feels great, and I give little thought to the engine's tuning. I suppose that's a good thing.
 
MG, a word of advice? Remember the photo of a hand you posted in another thread? I wonder if might respectfully suggest it may be time again to calibrate your backside?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
MG, a word of advice? Remember the photo of a hand you posted in another thread? I wonder if might respectfully suggest it may be time again to calibrate your backside?
Seven years of attendance at a Catholic university and school of higher learning failed to purify my tainted soul. Self-flagellation is an option I've yet to explore. I'm not optimistic but will give it a try. I may need to borrow your Air Hawk in the near future.
 
I have to give much thanks to hondajon for this thread and 12cb98vfr for posting his map. I have a 2 bros slip on with stock air filter and was running stock pcv map and was rather pleased with response of the bike. I took a few minutes and made a map to reflect 12cv98vfr shared map. Holy moly what a difference. Throttle response is instant and it feels more powerful through the 4-7k revs Thanks again guys. I'm getting arrow headers next week but will probably have to wait to install until I can afford a tune as its running awesome. When I do however I will share my info with you fine gents no sweat. I can't see messing with successnow though
 
i have a DLX that's been treated to a PCV. Info is posted on another thread. I don't have a map to add, I just have the print out copies the tuner shop gave me. The ecu has been flashed, raising the rpm limit 500 and disabled the top speed limiter. Have a full Yosh, removed the intake restrictors, airbox, plumbing and such. Added K&N pod filters. it's putting out 96+ rwhp.
 
That's sweet plug in your pcv to your PC and take a screenshot of the fuel spreadsheet and share that puppy I deleted he airbox on my Bonneville and really didnt want to go that route here. Remov I'll ng the snorkel may be in the cards though but I'm not sure how much that will help and haven't seen and concrete data on that so I'm hesitant
 
Dear PCV users,

Just wondering if you would be able to share the throttle calibration values of the PCV as it came from factory? And/or the current values if you ended up recalibrating it (0-100%).

Thanks in advance.
 
Hi,

Does anybody know the firmware version of their PCVs that it was shipped with (bought in 2014/2015)?

I am having some issues with the PCV from day one (long story). I updated to the latest firmware (1.13.1) to address the issue and now trying to go back to the original to retrace the issues.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
 
kmoney_imp said:
Downloads | Power Core Software | Power Commander Maps | Free Car Tuner Software | ECU Download Center | Dynojet

Their revision history shows only 2 firmware versions if I'm reading the site correctly (and assuming that list is exhaustive).
Kmoney, thanks for your reply. On the website one is the latest firmware for the PCV the other is the desktop application (a.k.a. Powercommander software, which is a .exe file for windows only).

I was hoping to get the firmware version Dynojet ship their PCVs to buyers. Normally you can check if you plug in the PCV to a PC.

Cheers,
 
Back
Top