Powercommander V Map Spreadsheet

HondaJon_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I created this spreadsheet to log any PCV maps anyone would like to share. If you would like to e-mail me your .PVM file to add it to sheet, just send me a message with you mods and I'll give you my e-mail address . I don't look for Dynojet to ever offer anything but the map that comes with the PC V. I'll add mine once my shop gets their heads out of their bums.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for sharing 12cb96vfr, it makes comparison pretty easy.

My gut tells me we are on our own. A one year run and all aftermarket parts coming from overseas, this forum will be the best reference around......

Looking at your map, I was surprised to see the 1250 boxes go from 0 to 15..... Pretty big change at low speed.

Did your shop have any issues with the speed limiter? Mine acts like they can't tune it right without it being disabled...
 
+1, Thanks a bunch.
Back in the day I was at a dyno once a month, living out here makes it tough now. I will get to one this summer for a tune run on my mods. This helps alot until then :beerchug:
 
Hmm....where did Deanohh' map come from? Are those numbers % change from OEM or base map from factory? Does not seem like it is doing much...
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Hmm....where did Deanohh' map come from? Are those numbers % change from OEM or base map from factory? Does not seem like it is doing much...
I told Nels it ran jerky at low speed steady throttle. I wanted a safe afr but have some economy when cruising and max power on demand... The map is the result.

Like all pcv maps its the % added or subtracted from the fuel map built in to the bike.

Yes, but it doesn't do much in all the right places.

"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
 
Deanohh_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
Hmm....where did Deanohh' map come from? Are those numbers % change from OEM or base map from factory? Does not seem like it is doing much...
I told Nels it ran jerky at low speed steady throttle. I wanted a safe afr but have some economy when cruising and max power on demand... The map is the result.

Like all pcv maps its the % added or subtracted from the fuel map built in to the bike.

Yes, but it doesn't do much in all the right places.

"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
I told Nels it ran jerky at low speed steady throttle. I wanted a safe afr but have some economy when cruising and max power on demand... The map is the result.

Like all pcv maps its the % added or subtracted from the fuel map built in to the bike.

Yes, but it doesn't do much in all the right places.

"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand." So how often are you in the 80 to 100% throttle where your PCV kicks in? I see most people trying to beef up their low and mid range, in the usable power range....
 
I don't use wot much but there's plenty of power everywhere. I dont expect huge acceleration at 70% anyway. If you had luggage or passenger a lot you might want a different map. The o2 sensor is out of the system. just that seems to make the ecu add fuel. And my setup is different than the others. The smallest thing can change what you need and it is not really predictable.

if you look at the afr map, usually the tuning is done to target afrs around 13.2- 13.3 maybe. I see no point in richer if you get no power increase. The afr for us was secondary. In the various areas started leaner and added fuel for more hp. Added more file, more hp until added fuel returned no hp gain, then back a step. That's how mine was done. Response is excellent everywhere and at least as much as when using the stock pcv map with the higher numbers in some areas, which I ran for a while. I have a switch on the pcv to toggle between 2 maps and I run on the posted one now all the time.

I would add that dynotuning is the only thing that this guy does. In addition to a shop in Seattle and one in Tacoma, his portable dyno goes to all the tracks in the NW for track days and club races. He knows track power and street power. He tunes hundreds of all makes per year. I don't question his results but if I thought there were any issues I would go back, explain my issue and he would correct it for free.
 
Does anyone have a map they can share for a bike with a TSR air funnel, K&N and an Arrow slip on?

Thanks
Kevin
 
Thread starter
INTP,

The stock map that comes with the the PC V should be fine given your mods. I run the TSR map, which only has 6 values that vary from the map that is pre-loaded on the unit
 
I'm thinking of getting the PC V, my 2014 dlx is stock except for the K&N, do you think I can expect much improvement w/o changing the exhaust and just getting a stock map?
 
Here is what the stock map does on the 2013, most people who have it agree it really fills-in the midrange that has been leaned out by Honda to meet emissions. The numbers above 0 represent % fuel increase at that RPM and throttle position.
1c26720022ff9d2851d47f20ea5aca5c.jpg
 
Has anyone put a Powercommander on a 2014 CB1100 (Standard or Deluxe) yet?

I asked Dynojet and this is what they said:

From: Chris Kelly <ckelly@dynojet.com>
To: "tinkler...
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 11:41:20 -0700
Subject: RE: Powercommander Customer Inquiry -- Sales

I suspect that unit will work fine on your 2014 model; but we haven’t ever actually had a 2014 model in our possession to test it first-hand. Until then we cannot officially support the application.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Regards,

Chris Kelly
Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Dr. Suite 105
North Las Vegas, NV 89081
1-800-992-4993
 
Back
Top