Power Commander

FJR919_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello all, I'll do an introduction after I get this message out.
Having a Power Commander on my 3 street bikes, I miss it on my new CB1100. Like other bikes, it feels lean from 2000 to 4000 rpm.

Dynojet was able to borrow a new bike from a dealer for its install video, but not to make a fuel map. The release of a Power Commander awaits a volunteer with a stock CB1100 in the Las Vegas area (or willing to get his or her CB1100 there) to run on their dyno to develop a fuel map. This person would get one free. If I lived within riding distance I would do it in a heartbeat.

Any volunteers?
 
Thread starter
Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Drive
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89081
Local 1-702-399-1423
toll free 800-992-4993
 
FJR919_imp said:
Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Drive
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89081
Local 1-702-399-1423
toll free 800-992-4993
Hmmm that is Las Vegas. Lol I'm not ready for a 21 hour trip there yet.

Anyone closer?
 
Thread starter
Having Power Commanders in my other bikes with each map individually tweaked on a dyno I've become spoiled by perfect fuel mapping. Our CB1100 suffers the same lean problems that all motorcycles do from the factory. The differences are quite noticeable once corrected.
 
Does the Power Commander change the mapping or is it signalling the computer to act differently at times based on the test bikes factory map, more like an interface than a new map....I believe I feel a lean condition that I want To correct, certainly before I replace or install a slipon..I'll do my research but I like the Power Commander idea...Thanks
 
Thread starter
It changes the mapping by fooling the bike's ECU. If you unplug the Power Commander the stock map is there.
 
FJR919_imp said:
It changes the mapping by fooling the bike's ECU. If you unplug the Power Commander the stock map is there.
OK, so you are not modifying your factory map, so is this what is called a piggyback system. I know with my Ducati you change the factory map it's gone,you have to replace the computer. I am not interested in remapping only enrichining the mixture where needed....
 
Thread starter
jmc1100_imp said:
FJR919_imp said:
It changes the mapping by fooling the bike's ECU. If you unplug the Power Commander the stock map is there.
OK, so you are not modifying your factory map, so is this what is called a piggyback system. I know with my Ducati you change the factory map it's gone,you have to replace the computer. I am not interested in remapping only enrichining the mixture where needed....
OK, so you are not modifying your factory map, so is this what is called a piggyback system. I know with my Ducati you change the factory map it's gone,you have to replace the computer. I am not interested in remapping only enrichining the mixture where needed....
That's why the Power Commander is great- you get to correct the fuel maps without messing with the factory computer. If there's ever a problem (and in ten years with five bikes I've never had one) you just unplug it and you're back to stock.
 
Thread starter
Bump for a good cause.

Don't we have anyone in the Las Vegas that wants to get a free Power Commander?

Once you get spoiled proper fuel map it's tough to deal with the factory fueling.
 
Back
Top