Power Commander V (PCV, PC-V) Install on 2014 Deluxe with "DUAL" O2 Sensors

TINK_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Got my (used) PCV in hand. :P
Since the 2014 Deluxe has two O2 sensors, one in each muffler, I ordered a second "O2 Optimizer" from DynoJet, $33.
I'll do a complete write-up on the install (with pictures) once I get some free time to install my PCV... hopefully sooner than later.

TINK
 
Holy Cow ..you buy your mistress nice stuff!
 
Hey TINK

Hurry back! I am looking at the same set up to go with the Moriwaki exhaust. I sent an email to PC to see how it would work with dual sensors but have not heard back.
 
Thread starter
Installed the PC-V today. Sorry no pictures of the actual install... 103 degrees here today (even higher in the garage...), just wanted to get the install done and get out of the heat.

Install was straight forward, the only thing different with the 2014 Deluxe with 4 into 2 exhaust is that you'll need to install two O2 Optimizers to cover the two O2 sensors the Deluxe has.

Works like a charm, smooths out the power curve, improved driveability, pulls smoothly through the entire power band.

Really need to ride the bike in the canyons to determine how well the PC-V works under real world riding conditions.



TINK
 
I'm going to send my ECU out to have if flashed.
 
I think for a CB still under warranty, the PCV is the way to go, kind of a "bolt-on" that helps but can be taken off if needed.
 
Yeah I get that. I just waited because 1) it wasn't available yet and 2) I can't see spending the money twice when I would have it done out of warranty anyway. :D
 
Thread starter
Took a test ride today on my favorite route; CA Hyw 39 to Chrystal Lake Cafe, then Glendora Ridge Road.

The PC-V did wonders for driveability. Bike pulls hard and strong out of the corners from 2,500 rpm on. Gone is the lag (retarded timing?) that the bike exhibited in the mid-range... she just pulls and pulls hard. :thumbsup:

The annoying FI fuel cut off/on kick is still there, some what, but less intrusive and a softer transition when the power is applied after a long fuel cut deceleration.

All in all I'm very pleased with the PC-V. No real noticeable horsepower gain, just a better performing FI system.



TINK
 
Good deal Tink.

Not sure what fi fuel cut on off kick thing you are talking about is, but glad yours is reduced. Lol
 
Back
Top