Charlie Bravo_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
It probably is just ME but sometimes I wonder if trying to get more out of the engine and engine management is more hassle than it is worth. I am very happy with the way the bike runs but I fully understand that some riders want more , it is probably just my age !
I am also happy with the way it runs, but I do want more sound! It sounds like a hair dryer. I drilled the end plate almost completely out, but it made very little difference. I was thinking of decatting it, but my BIL says that will introduce tuning problems, so I don't know. I modded the exhaust of my first Nighthawk 750 and it sounded great. My second Nighthawk had a Yoshimura pipe that I repacked to tone it down some and raised the needle on the carbs.
I am also happy with the way it runs, but I do want more sound! It sounds like a hair dryer. I drilled the end plate almost completely out, but it made very little difference. I was thinking of decatting it, but my BIL says that will introduce tuning problems, so I don't know. I modded the exhaust of my first Nighthawk 750 and it sounded great. My second Nighthawk had a Yoshimura pipe that I repacked to tone it down some and raised the needle on the carbs. If you dont mind taking the center stand off. I have this exact shortt exhaust, it actually has a small glass pack in the side walls you can replace occasionally. Its significantly louder than the stock exhaust and its 1 stainless steel band to install.
Very clean looking exhaust end, weighs almost nothing, all the room in the world for aftermarket mounting saddle bags without a muffler in the way. And it sounds awesome - not obnoxious but not quiet. Its quiet on the low end and around town but when you wanna open her up you'll hear her roar lol.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V67KYV8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_pzRoFbM87R6QT
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
I am also happy with the way it runs, but I do want more sound! It sounds like a hair dryer. I drilled the end plate almost completely out, but it made very little difference. I was thinking of decatting it, but my BIL says that will introduce tuning problems, so I don't know. I modded the exhaust of my first Nighthawk 750 and it sounded great. My second Nighthawk had a Yoshimura pipe that I repacked to tone it down some and raised the needle on the carbs. If you dont mind taking the center stand off. I have this exact shortt exhaust, it actually has a small glass pack in the side walls you can replace occasionally. Its significantly louder than the stock exhaust and its 1 stainless steel band to install.
Very clean looking exhaust end, weighs almost nothing, all the room in the world for aftermarket mounting saddle bags without a muffler in the way. And it sounds awesome - not obnoxious but not quiet. Its quiet on the low end and around town but when you wanna open her up you'll hear her roar lol.
Amazon.com: Radiant Cycles Shorty GP Muffler Tip Universal fits any 43mm OD Pipe and 2017-2024 Honda REBEL CMX 500 BLACK Baffle : Automotive
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk If I could post a video I'd grab you a sound clip with some of my higher quality mic/camera but I believe the only way to do that is with YouTube. **I've so had that tip on for 15k miles with no issues**
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk