Power Commander Tune Maps.

mvk24_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hey guys, as I'm sure you know if you have a power commander. They only have 3 cuss maps available that don't even open up the possibilities beyond adding a slip on yoshi exhaust. Which basically forces you to spend 500$ more (after a 340$ Power Commander) to get a custom tune for the niche models of bikes like our cb1100.

HOWEVER! Some of my buddies with other obscure models like the Victory Octane (only made in 2017 before Polaris bought them). Have a spot in their forum where guys will share their custom tunes files with other members. You can then just import/export that file (tune) to your power commander if you have the same/similar modifications. Ideally you ride in a similar Altitude and climate also.

So0o0o, I am hoping we may have a few members that are willing to share their tuned bike power commander file for use by other members.

I for one want to put my honed out air intake funnels into the bike. But i know I will need a tune afterwards. And im hoping one of the member's that have already done this are willing to share their tune for similar modifications and altitude.

Now I understand this isn't perfect because no bikes are exactly the same. However, getting a tune thats "pretty damn close" has solved issues for friends and myself in the past. Whether is was lean/rich conditions after modifications or rough idle/RPM at certain speeds after Modifications.

I also understand not everyone uses Power Commander so If you have another tuner like a Juice Box from Two Brothers it could be posted/privately shared as well.


I figure the easiest way for anyone looking/sharing would be the format below.

1. List year/sub model & type of tuner
2. Modifications performed
3. Altitude/temperature at time of tune


Hopefully this can help a few guys out. Let me know if I forgot anything.
27a561db25e39ff20a78586e3b905829.jpg


Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
** after doing the very common ECU flash for speed limiter removal, Ignition timing, raise RPMs, my bike did not like "Crusing speeds" and had jittery RPMs and throttle response trying to simply maintain 60 MPH on the highway. So I actually had to grab the Power Commander and used one of their generic fuel maps for a stock bike with yoshi slip on to smooth it back out again until I can get a final tune done**

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
It probably is just ME but sometimes I wonder if trying to get more out of the engine and engine management is more hassle than it is worth. I am very happy with the way the bike runs but I fully understand that some riders want more , it is probably just my age !
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
It probably is just ME but sometimes I wonder if trying to get more out of the engine and engine management is more hassle than it is worth. I am very happy with the way the bike runs but I fully understand that some riders want more , it is probably just my age !
I do share you're view from a reliability side. The bike ran incredible stock (just way too quiet for my taste). Like anything else once you change this you also have to change that. (ECU flash leading to power commander) for instance. But i do like tinkering and getting more out of my machines. Vehicle in general are so held back these days to meet emissions standards, its nice to free up their potential a bit sometimes :)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I think Josh(PDubs) is one of the few folks on here who's had his tuned, that's still active on this board. Wonder what his thoughts are on this idea..
 
Thread starter
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
I think Josh(PDubs) is one of the few folks on here who's had his tuned, that's still active on this board. Wonder what his thoughts are on this idea..
I plan on doing mine also so if anyone does what I do its all theres.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
As others know- I disagree 110% with the 'stock is better' or 'safer' or 'smoother' thoughts. Houtman I wish you could ride my bike.

Will a stock bike run very well left alone? Sure.

Will a stock bike run better with simply better fueling? Yes.

Honda had limitations dues to emissions standards.

I wouldn't pay $500 for a shop to 'dyno tune' on top of the power commander. They aren't going to spend anywhere near the amount of time to actually do it right.

They would need a steady state dyno, and to tune for all throttle positions at all RPM. To do it thoroughly takes a long long time.

I have a friend that tunes cars- he literally spends months tweaking files, and pushes out updated files as the years pass and he spends more time with them. Granted modern cars are much more complicated than our bikes but even our bikes would take hours. And that isn't getting picky into things like tuning for each different gear- because different engine loading does have an effect, not drastic for us, but still.

The 'tunes' for the power commander aren't anything special anyway- they throw a blanket 13.2 at the target table. Ideally you want richer for peak power and tq, and leaner for cruise situations.

Not to mention as you already know- not for your bike, where you live, how you ride, and is a stable file that won't change if you decide to ride up a mountain or down to the beach.

I highly recommend if you are spending the money for the power commander- spend the extra $250 for the autotune box and learn how to use it.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
As others know- I disagree 110% with the 'stock is better' or 'safer' or 'smoother' thoughts. Houtman I wish you could ride my bike.

Will a stock bike run very well left alone? Sure.

Will a stock bike run better with simply better fueling? Yes.

Honda had limitations dues to emissions standards.

I wouldn't pay $500 for a shop to 'dyno tune' on top of the power commander. They aren't going to spend anywhere near the amount of time to actually do it right.

They would need a steady state dyno, and to tune for all throttle positions at all RPM. To do it thoroughly takes a long long time.

I have a friend that tunes cars- he literally spends months tweaking files, and pushes out updated files as the years pass and he spends more time with them. Granted modern cars are much more complicated than our bikes but even our bikes would take hours. And that isn't getting picky into things like tuning for each different gear- because different engine loading does have an effect, not drastic for us, but still.

The 'tunes' for the power commander aren't anything special anyway- they throw a blanket 13.2 at the target table. Ideally you want richer for peak power and tq, and leaner for cruise situations.

Not to mention as you already know- not for your bike, where you live, how you ride, and is a stable file that won't change if you decide to ride up a mountain or down to the beach.

I highly recommend if you are spending the money for the power commander- spend the extra $250 for the autotune box and learn how to use it.
Not a bad point, power dubs are you the one that did the write up on honing your air intake funnels??

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Yup. I'm pretty sure I was the first...I think a few others have done it since then.

Given the cost of the TSR horns, and the cutting to install those- the factory parts are dirt cheap, and can be swapped back to stock as there is no cutting of anything needed to fit.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yup. I'm pretty sure I was the first...I think a few others have done it since then.

Given the cost of the TSR horns, and the cutting to install those- the factory parts are dirt cheap, and can be swapped back to stock as there is no cutting of anything needed to fit.
Yea i PMed you about it at one point. I had the funnels waiting to go in. I just haven't gotten a catless exhaust yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yup. I'm pretty sure I was the first...I think a few others have done it since then.

Given the cost of the TSR horns, and the cutting to install those- the factory parts are dirt cheap, and can be swapped back to stock as there is no cutting of anything needed to fit.
What's the final verdict on this? I actually bought a TSR funnel recently but it feels rather heavy. Have not yet installed it but will most likely be running it with a K&N air filter for better air flow.

Just got back from my first 60 mile "flashed" ride. The ECU certainly opened her up.

PCV is next on the list it looks like, then I'll officially join the 100HP club :clap:
 
I can't imagine the K&N will make any difference other than a lighter wallet and more dirt penetration.

When I mentioned TSR horns above, I was talking about their velocity stacks for the throttle bodies which require cutting and modification to install.

https://www.samurider.com/?p=16781

While they *may* give more power up top than DIY on the stock parts...they cost a lot more, and a lot more work to install.

You won't hit 100whp on the stock velocity stacks. May not hit it without cams...nobody has done that yet to my (admittedly out of the loop) knowledge.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
I can't imagine the K&N will make any difference other than a lighter wallet and more dirt penetration.

When I mentioned TSR horns above, I was talking about their velocity stacks for the throttle bodies which require cutting and modification to install.

https://www.samurider.com/?p=16781

While they *may* give more power up top than DIY on the stock parts...they cost a lot more, and a lot more work to install.

You won't hit 100whp on the stock velocity stacks. May not hit it without cams...nobody has done that yet to my (admittedly out of the loop) knowledge.
I thought we saw a close 99hp on someone's dyno that did honed out the funnels tho?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Maybe-- I was away for almost 2 years since my accident almost 2 years ago.
If you can find it- I love looking at dyno curves, rpm, tq, fueling, and what mods...
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Maybe-- I was away for almost 2 years since my accident almost 2 years ago.
If you can find it- I love looking at dyno curves, rpm, tq, fueling, and what mods...
Sorry to hear that, been there myself.

Hopefully you had a full recovery! I thought someone posted it to the thread your write up was on

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
The stacks are a bit overkill IMO given their design and install process, let alone their outrageous price new.

I was referring to the funnel inlet portion. Speaking of which -seems I got the generic version and not the TSR, anyone know if the missing hole for the sensor would be a problem?

Funny thing is, I'll probably never really know forsure, as I don't intend throwing $500 at it for a proper "dyno-tune"

Next up on my list is the Air system delete, PCV and MAYBE DJ Autotune, BUT THAT'S IT!

At which point, I'd probably also be doing sprockets, suspension, and a steering stabilizer.

One thing leads to the other :rolleyes:
 
Thread starter
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
The stacks are a bit overkill IMO given their design and install process, let alone their outrageous price new.

I was referring to the funnel inlet portion. Speaking of which -seems I got the generic version and not the TSR, anyone know if the missing hole for the sensor would be a problem?

Funny thing is, I'll probably never really know forsure, as I don't intend throwing $500 at it for a proper "dyno-tune"

Next up on my list is the Air system delete, PCV and MAYBE DJ Autotune, BUT THAT'S IT!

At which point, I'd probably also be doing sprockets, suspension, and a steering stabilizer.

One thing leads to the other :rolleyes:
Air system delete? Sounds like we wanna do the same things mostly lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Never been a fan of those canister junks, and their rather useless functionality... typical emissions BS

Is that so? Not so much coincidence as it's pretty much the only path to some power on this bike I guess...
 
Thread starter
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Never been a fan of those canister junks, and their rather useless functionality... typical emissions BS

Is that so? Not so much coincidence as it's pretty much the only path to some power on this bike I guess...
Do you mean deleting the catalytic?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
mvk24_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Never been a fan of those canister junks, and their rather useless functionality... typical emissions BS

Is that so? Not so much coincidence as it's pretty much the only path to some power on this bike I guess...
Do you mean deleting the catalytic?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Do you mean deleting the catalytic?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Negative, I lost that when I fitted my Yoshi full-system.

I'm referring to the air injection valve delete

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8678
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1824
 
Back
Top