Posting replies...

oldyaler_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Forgive my computer ignorance, but how do you snip a sentence from a post that you want to reply to? I can't seem to get it right.
 
oldyaler_imp said:
Forgive my computer ignorance, but how do you snip a sentence from a post that you want to reply to? I can't seem to get it right.
Oldyaler,

When I want to do that, I just hit the quote/reply button, highlight and delete the parts I want to remove. You have to make sure that no matter what you edit out, you need to leave in the top quote thingamajig and its brackets and you also have to make sure you leave the bottom quote dealybob and its brackets that looks somewhat like this:

[quote, this top one will also have the member's forum name in it]
You can have whatever text you want between these things.
Hope this helps!
 
And I think you can even slander people if you want :P

Scoobynut_imp said:
oldyaler_imp said:
Forgive my computer ignorance, but how do you snip a sentence from a post that you want to reply to? I can't seem to get it right.
Oldyaler,

When I want to do that, I just hit the quote/reply button, highlight and delete the parts I want to remove. You have to make sure that no matter what you edit out, you need to leave in the top quote thingamajig and its brackets and you also have to make sure you leave the bottom quote dealybob and its brackets that looks somewhat like this:

[quote, this top one will also have the member's forum name in it]
You can have whatever text you want between these things.
Hope this helps!
Lol, thanks for helping a fellow member Scooby
 
Scoobynut is obviously an IT computer guy by his use of the technical terms "thingamajig" and "dealybob" :)
 
Deftquiver_imp said:
And I think you can even slander people if you want :P

Scoobynut_imp said:
oldyaler_imp said:
Forgive my computer ignorance, but how do you snip a sentence from a post that you want to reply to? I can't seem to get it right.
Oldyaler,

When I want to do that, I just hit the quote/reply button, highlight and delete the parts I want to remove. You have to make sure that no matter what you edit out, you need to leave in the top quote thingamajig and its brackets and you also have to make sure you leave the bottom quote dealybob and its brackets that looks somewhat like this:

[quote, this top one will also have the member's forum name in it]
You can have whatever text you want between these things.
Hope this helps!
Lol, thanks for helping a fellow member Scooby
Lol, thanks for helping a fellow member Scooby
Cool, I never thought of that. You can literally put words in people's mouths. I might have some fun with that with some of the trolls a guy runs into on other forums.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Scoobynut is obviously an IT computer guy by his use of the technical terms "thingamajig" and "dealybob" :)
It's true. There's very little Bill Gates knows that I didn't teach him.
 
Back
Top