Posting Pics for newbies

Jeez! Don't try that on your CB! :banana:
 
Ole_imp said:
I love Photobucket
If you pay 25 or 30 bucks a year, you can get a Pro Account and not have to view the ads

testing 1,2,3

ac5119bb1383779525aea0b04a0d7ea1.jpg
On the positive side a moose, unlike a kangaroo, is probably not going to fit through the windscreen and continue the argument in the front seat. :D
 
Perhaps someone can help me figure out my Photobucket account. It used to be very easy to load pics on Photobucket but for whatever reason I just can't figure it out here lately.
My photobucket page looks NOTHING like it used to, and for the life of me I can not figure out how to load new pics there. :huh:
I've been trying to upload a couple of CB750s that I had back in the day but I'm stumped. :(
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/z1zr7/li...t=3&page=1

This is what I get when I go to the upload page. I click the blue bar, the pics on my pc come up but I can't figure out how to load them on Photobucket.
Like ITunes, I just wish they would leave well enough alone. Every new version is more difficult that the previous one.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/upload]http://smg.photobucket.com/upload
 
Thread starter
That looks just like mine Jim. If you click on upload a screen will come up that says choose photos. Click on the blue bar. Then go to where the photo you want to load is in the file in your computer..say. ".pictures, Jims bikes," or whatever. Scroll down and find the pic you want to load and double click on it and it should load. Once loaded click on where it says Your Bucket. This will take you to where your photos are loaded. Find picture you want to post in a thread and click on it it will get bigger and off to the right will be a box with posting options. Click on the IMG url and copy and paste that address into the thread on the forum


It will say [URL etc etc etc. and will imbed directly into the post.

From yours

 
Thanks Mickey. I'll work with it some more. I think what I've been doing wrong is NOT double-clicking the pic. What I've been doing is clicking "Open" just below the pic.
Besides, I'm certain I could figure it out eventually. I'm just trying to help YOU! For God's sakes man, you don't even have 2600 posts yet! :rofl:
 
Thread starter
Lol Im working on it!
 
For what it's worth, my Photobucket does not like my IPad. Can't figure it out. I use my wife's PC for any Pbucket work.
 
Thread starter
No prob on my ipad Ole. Have photobucket saved to favorites and upload from camera roll storage on ipad.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
I love Photobucket
If you pay 25 or 30 bucks a year, you can get a Pro Account and not have to view the ads

testing 1,2,3

ac5119bb1383779525aea0b04a0d7ea1.jpg
On the positive side a moose, unlike a kangaroo, is probably not going to fit through the windscreen and continue the argument in the front seat. :D
no argument between man and moose here:

b3ab638ca438dc823c4e9ee20ee7fef9.jpg

The ferret_imp said:
No prob on my ipad Ole. Have photobucket saved to favorites and upload from camera roll storage on ipad.
Could it be that I have dropped my iPad more than a "few" times? :@
Knocked it off a picnic table last summer near Leadville, CO and could not figure out just how this thing keeps working! for the most part,,,,,
 
The ferret_imp said:
No prob on my ipad Ole. Have photobucket saved to favorites and upload from camera roll storage on ipad.
Mickey, do you use the Photobucket app, or Safari?
 
Thread starter
I just have my regular photobucket acct which I had for years before the ipad bookmarked, just as I have CB1100forum.com bookmarked, and Motorcycledailey.com bookmarked etc. on Safari.
 
Thread starter
To top for new members
 
Are there restrictions with images when using Quick reply? What is the difference between New reply and Quick reply?
 
Thread starter
I believe the only difference is you cant use the quotes or emoticons with a quick reply
 
Bump.

I have been sending PMs to a member about linking to Photobucket pictures and I thought I might share the latest advice in the hope it might assist anyone else having trouble.

This forum offers a couple of ways for the user to upload photos from their PC. I won't deal with tablets and apps like Tapatalk here.

The first is using the forum's internal attachments. I'm not going to talk about that here either as it requires that your images are below 250 kilobytes in size. Given that most digital cameras (including phones) take much larger images, you have to know how to reduce the image size before you can post it. While it isn't hard, it requires using image editing software or some other form of image compression.

What many members do is save their photos to an online photo library like Photobucket. This tutorial focuses on that site.

To start, either click here to go back to the first post on this topic and watch this video. Or you can see it below.




It's a good overview, but I think it may confuse some people as Photobucket now has a slightly different look.

I'll assume you've got the photos into photobucket, but are now having trouble getting them into your forum post.

Displaying photos (or other things) on internet forums requires what are called tags in the text editor you use. The tags (which, in the case of photos start with tell the forum software where to look for the picture to be displayed. When you're typing your post and insert a link to a photo, all you'll see is something that looks like the blue highlighted text in this picture,



To see the picture, you either have to press 'Post Reply' (circled)



or 'Preview Post' (circled)



Getting the link from Photobucket is simple. Open the album where the pictures are stored and you'll see a page looking something like this,



It's important the the 'Organize' switch at the top is turned to 'Off'.



so that you can see the boxes underneath each little picture.

Find the picture you want and click in the text box next to the word 'IMG'



Highlight the text by clicking in the box and either press the right mouse key and select PASTE or press Ctrl + C to copy the link. Go to your post and either press the right mouse key and PASTE or press Ctrl + V to past the text into your post. Your post should have words like those highlighted in blue in this picture.



Photobucket has inserted the necessary tags; you need do nothing but paste the text to your post. To see what the picture looks like, press 'Preview Post'.

Repeat this process as often as necessary to get all the photos you want to show into the post. Remember, though, you are limited to 10 pictures per post so you'll have to make more than one post to show more than 10 pictures.
ADDENDUM

If you find another picture on the web and you have a link to it, you can insert it in your post. as an example, let's take this link to a forum attachment of a CB1100, [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=1587.]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=1587.
If you click on this link a new window or tab will open displaying the picture. If you then copy the link, go back to your draft post and press the 'Insert Image' button (circled)



you'll get a box looking like this



Past the link you saved into it, click OK, and the picture will appear in your post, as it does here,

07eea8d137a3f418af76d0fd82769ed9.


Thanks hb9400 for the picture.

This should work for any link you have.

Please note, you DO NOT have to use the 'Insert Image' feature to insert links from Photobucket.

If you're really keen and a good typist, you can also insert pictures by typing

I hope this is helpful to people struggling with this. If you've any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
 
Hope it's useful.
 
Back
Top