Possible CB1100X coming ...

I don't mind this bike, but I don't understand how they got the name: this picture doesn't show an "X"-version of the CB1100. Instead it should be called CRF1100X.
 
this could be interesting. with a 30" seat height and under 500# ...and maybe a DCT trans would make a great last retirement bike
 
Oooh, me like. Me can't afford, but me like.

Actually, me can afford, but wife no like.
 
I like this one a lot, an Africa Twin for the height challenged. Would be a fine sport-touring bike with some stylish luggage and cruise control. Now, if Honda can keep the wet weight to around 500 lbs.
 
There is actually an currently available and affordable version of this CB1100x concept. Its the 2017 VFR1200X. Many dealers still have one or two of these. My dealer has the non-DCT version selling for $8999 ... Trying to convince my wife to let me buy it as 2nd bike :)
 
Seat heights on CB500X and NC750X are 32.8" and 32.7". Even if the CB1100X had a lower seat height, there's still the height of the rear seat and tail most of us have to contend with.

Maybe the low, flat seats on CB1100 and Triumph Bonnevilles are part of their appeal. They certainly are welcome to me.
bflint_imp said:
There is actually an currently available and affordable version of this CB1100x concept. Its the 2017 VFR1200X. Many dealers still have one or two of these. My dealer has the non-DCT version selling for $8999 ... Trying to convince my wife to let me buy it as 2nd bike :)
That's an easy 600+ pounds. I wouldn't look forward to valve adjustments either. Maybe that's why they're leftover 2016-2017 models discounted $6000-$7000.
I have a friend who loves his, and he loves it for the power.
 
bflint_imp said:
There is actually an currently available and affordable version of this CB1100x concept. Its the 2017 VFR1200X. Many dealers still have one or two of these. My dealer has the non-DCT version selling for $8999 ... Trying to convince my wife to let me buy it as 2nd bike :)
The difference is the VFR1200X is a V 4 while the CB1100X is a P twin using the Africa Twin powerplant. The new 1100 Rebel using the Africa Twin powerplanr is a reported 487 wet.
 
The ferret_imp said:
bflint_imp said:
There is actually an currently available and affordable version of this CB1100x concept. Its the 2017 VFR1200X. Many dealers still have one or two of these. My dealer has the non-DCT version selling for $8999 ... Trying to convince my wife to let me buy it as 2nd bike :)
The difference is the VFR1200X is a V 4 while the CB1100X is a P twin using the Africa Twin powerplant. The new 1100 Rebel using the Africa Twin powerplanr is a reported 487 wet.
Sorry, I was being too basic .... new Honda adventure bike for $8999 :)
 
Thread starter

You know? Considering all the technology, power and convenience packed into the proposed model, that would make a great police vehicle.
 
I was reading an article about this when I woke up earlier, and I doubt that these renders are correct for one reason only, and that is (correct me if I'm wrong) CB has only ever been a twin cyl in the 400ss, and I think I'd rather see a 650/4 or a 1000/4 in this kind of a sport touring set-up.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
tod.branko_imp said:
I was reading an article about this when I woke up earlier, and I doubt that these renders are correct for one reason only, and that is (correct me if I'm wrong) CB has only ever been a twin cyl in the 400ss, and I think I'd rather see a 650/4 or a 1000/4 in this kind of a sport touring set-up.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Maybe coupled with the "Baby AT" rumor, the CB1100X won't be an 1100. It could use the fabled 850 cc version of the mill.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
I was reading an article about this when I woke up earlier, and I doubt that these renders are correct for one reason only, and that is (correct me if I'm wrong) CB has only ever been a twin cyl in the 400ss, and I think I'd rather see a 650/4 or a 1000/4 in this kind of a sport touring set-up.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Maybe coupled with the "Baby AT" rumor, the CB1100X won't be an 1100. It could use the fabled 850 cc version of the mill.
Maybe coupled with the "Baby AT" rumor, the CB1100X won't be an 1100. It could use the fabled 850 cc version of the mill. Could be, but this sport touring setup reminds me of the CB4X concept from some time ago. I reckon it's the same bike only more of a production model, and that indeed was a 650/4
cd7d5e8ce1b2a7fa28bd0a64cd60f394.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
pekingduck_imp said:
I think these are more than renderings, they look like full-scale mockups or possible prototypes.
Definitely renderings. This specific one of the CB1100X was made by AutoBy.jp
They say they heard the rumours about a big sport touring bike and then connected the dots between the new frames Honda patented and let their imagination go wild.
CB4X was however an actual concept bike on EICMA 2019

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Back
Top