After more than a week of suffering through air-quality levels so poor that at times they simply couldn't be measured by the equipment available, I was growing pretty tired of the situation (more than just a little fed-up). What's worse is that both my wife and my son have Asthma. This had been yet another tough week in a long string of tough weeks. Fortunately things finally started to clear up by the time the weekend arrived.
My wife and I had been planning on taking a trip to the coast in the S2000 today with hopes of enjoying a fresh seafood lunch. However, that didn't work out, so I found myself contemplating the thought of flying solo today. While that's normally my style, to day I decided to try and come up with a plan B that would accommodate both a late start and a riding buddy. A quick call to forum member cooldrum resulted in the spontaneous response that I was hoping for. Almost befire I knew it, I had riding buddy and lunchtime companion both (thanks again for the lunch today Russ!!).
After meeting up @cooldrum's place we headed out on a loop that took us south of Portland and deposited us in Oregon City for lunch and provided us a chance to catch up.
Guth's CB and cooldrum's CB, each sporting aftermarket slip-on exhausts. They sounded really nice going down the road together today — not too loud, but each with a tone that offered just the right amount of attitude.
After heading back into town, cooldrum headed for home and I decided to head to North Portland (Portland's St Johns neighborhood to be specific). I specifically wanted to check out the newest See See Motor Coffee Company location as it had just recently opened for business.
Their new location is easily identified by the smiling See See's logo hanging outside.
As if you couldn't tell, See See's owner Thor Drake, digs two-strokes.
Same bikes, different angle.
Later after my stop at See See's, I spotted a classic old Triumph. As a fan of motorcycles and sports cars alike, I definitely felt the need to stop for a photo-op.
A couple of classics — a vintage Triumph TR4 and of course Honda's own modern classic that we all know and love.
Finally a visit to Portland's Cathedral Park — named after the design of the iconic St Johns Bridge as seen in the background.
There is all sorts of beauty on display here.
My favorite shot of the day.
My wife and I had been planning on taking a trip to the coast in the S2000 today with hopes of enjoying a fresh seafood lunch. However, that didn't work out, so I found myself contemplating the thought of flying solo today. While that's normally my style, to day I decided to try and come up with a plan B that would accommodate both a late start and a riding buddy. A quick call to forum member cooldrum resulted in the spontaneous response that I was hoping for. Almost befire I knew it, I had riding buddy and lunchtime companion both (thanks again for the lunch today Russ!!).
After meeting up @cooldrum's place we headed out on a loop that took us south of Portland and deposited us in Oregon City for lunch and provided us a chance to catch up.
Guth's CB and cooldrum's CB, each sporting aftermarket slip-on exhausts. They sounded really nice going down the road together today — not too loud, but each with a tone that offered just the right amount of attitude.
After heading back into town, cooldrum headed for home and I decided to head to North Portland (Portland's St Johns neighborhood to be specific). I specifically wanted to check out the newest See See Motor Coffee Company location as it had just recently opened for business.
Their new location is easily identified by the smiling See See's logo hanging outside.
As if you couldn't tell, See See's owner Thor Drake, digs two-strokes.
Same bikes, different angle.
Later after my stop at See See's, I spotted a classic old Triumph. As a fan of motorcycles and sports cars alike, I definitely felt the need to stop for a photo-op.
A couple of classics — a vintage Triumph TR4 and of course Honda's own modern classic that we all know and love.
Finally a visit to Portland's Cathedral Park — named after the design of the iconic St Johns Bridge as seen in the background.
There is all sorts of beauty on display here.
My favorite shot of the day.


