Pirellis fitted

Pterodactyl_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Had Pirelli Angel GTs (110/160) fitted today.

27af0d376324dfe7912d7e6942d7d33b.jpg


All that rubber!

Now, if only Honda would give me my OEM drive sprocket I could scrub them in.

Cheers
 
Wow! I don't know much about motorcycle tires, but those sure look a little "beefier" than the OEM tires that came on my new 14 DLX . . . .

Maybe a whole lot more "beefier", IDK . . .
 
Hi Pterodactyl, very nice! I've just fitted a new Bridgestone T-30 to the front of mine so I'll be interested in your thoughts on the handling of the Angel GT's and mileage you get out of them.
 
Perversely, perhaps, I like the lines across the tyres which, I assume means you can put them on in sections. :beerchug:
 
Very much looking forward to hearing your feedback on these. If I decide to go for a 160 rear this is probably what I would get.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Awaiting a ride and performance report once they're properly scrubbed in.

Are they multi-compound like the Michelin's?
Yes, same profile numbers with deeper tread.

Papa Weeley_imp said:
Wow, those look healthy! I'd love to see what they look like on the bike!
Will post a photo when Honda can find me a drive sprocket.

Henrik_imp said:
Very much looking forward to hearing your feedback on these. If I decide to go for a 160 rear this is probably what I would get.
The Pirellis are well reviewed by the motorcycling press and stand up well against all major brands. I am really looking forward to getting them on the bike and getting rid of that wax.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
G'day Henrik. As of today I have only put 9.6kms on them, so too early to report. I have just had a two week holiday in Thailand and on returning to Australia we went to Canberra to visit friends. So no chance to ride any distance. Before riding again I am going to service the brake system. I did notice that when I replaced the front wheel after the tyre change that the front pads were approaching the wear limit. Also the lever feels a little soft despite a thorough brake bleed. I suspect that maybe one of the caliper piston seals may have been contaminated so I will pull the front calipers apart, inspect and then replace the seals and pads.

Cheers.
 
Thanks for the update!

I hope Thailand was good, and that you can now get back to the important work of getting your bike take care off!!

Cheers,

Henrik
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
G'day Henrik. As of today I have only put 9.6kms on them, so too early to report. I have just had a two week holiday in Thailand and on returning to Australia we went to Canberra to visit friends. So no chance to ride any distance. Before riding again I am going to service the brake system. I did notice that when I replaced the front wheel after the tyre change that the front pads were approaching the wear limit. Also the lever feels a little soft despite a thorough brake bleed. I suspect that maybe one of the caliper piston seals may have been contaminated so I will pull the front calipers apart, inspect and then replace the seals and pads.

Cheers.
Any update on how you like these? I am considering a pair.
 
You will like them. I got these fitted on my CB about 3k ago. They are like riding on velcro compared to the stock Bridgestones (which were pretty good in their own right).
 
Ptero, did you measure the depth of the tread front and rear?
 
Back
Top