Pirelli Rebate

JLEECB

Running like a top
Thread starter
Not that I really want to promote bike bandit as I have been waiting a month for my front tire due to their error, but if you’re in the market for new tires it’s a solid deal. $40 rebate with a pair Pirelli, including the angel gt in our sizes. Around $250 for a pair of dancing shoes after rebate ain’t bad. Other sites may have the rebate as well since it’s through Pirelli.

https://www.bikebandit.com/deals/pi...+You+Ride!&utm_campaign=Tires+Sale+August
 
jimgl3_imp said:
Pirelli is same as Metzeler. Metzeler $40 rebate took months of inquiries to finally end up with a check!
After a full year passing since I bought my Metzeler tires, and about 10 calls to the rebate company, I never did get my $75 rebate. I've given up on it. Buggers. While I like my Metzeler tires, I'll never buy them again (though I think they are part of the Pirelli family, so my slim tire choices are now even slimmer).
 
Townie_imp said:
jimgl3_imp said:
Pirelli is same as Metzeler. Metzeler $40 rebate took months of inquiries to finally end up with a check!
After a full year passing since I bought my Metzeler tires, and about 10 calls to the rebate company, I never did get my $75 rebate. I've given up on it. Buggers. While I like my Metzeler tires, I'll never buy them again (though I think they are part of the Pirelli family, so my slim tire choices are now even slimmer).
Jeez. That is just bad business.
 
metzeler and pirelli are one in the same. metzeler explained to me, they pay a company to do the rebate thing, but they are not responsible for it.
 
jimgl3_imp said:
metzeler and pirelli are one in the same. metzeler explained to me, they pay a company to do the rebate thing, but they are not responsible for it.
Sounds like they are not getting value out of the company they hired.
 
jimgl3_imp said:
metzeler and pirelli are one in the same. metzeler explained to me, they pay a company to do the rebate thing, but they are not responsible for it.
That's the case with most mail-in rebates. I found out long ago that making a purchase decision based on one of these rebates was a crapshoot. About half the time I wouldn't get it and there wasn't much you could do about it afterwards. I don't even bother with them anymore.
 
Thread starter
I got a nice no explanation denial card for my tequila rebate send in.

I was going to buy the pirellis regardless of rebate. They check the boxes for me. I’m not sure I would let the rebate make the choice of tire for me, but if you’re buying anyways why not try.
 
I have Sport Demons on a Guzzi Racer. A 395 pound dry, 750cc bike with about 49 HP at the crank. It has around 7800 miles on it and this is the 3rd set put on at about 7400 miles. Grip is pretty good but life expectancy is abysmal in my experience.
 
Back
Top