Pipemasters 4 into 4 exhaust sounds

iamheero_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Some people have posted similar videos, but more people still have asked what they sound like. I had a friend with a decent mic and he happened to have it while we were riding around, so I tried to make a quick clip showing what these pipes sound like! Hope the audio comes through despite the huge wind. This is the Pipemasters 4-4 and there's a K&N filter on the bike as well, both from the previous owner. I like the pipes and they sound great (albeit a little different from the saddle given the gearbox and other general engine noises you get). Hope this helps people searching to find out what these sound like.

And for people who keep saying otherwise, yes that IS the center stand, they both fit just fine on the EX at least. Yes, you can have a pipe masters exhaust and a center stand at the same time. The best of both worlds!

The clip can be found here
 
Sounds OK to me. :D
 
Thanks iamheero for making this clip, there is indeed precious little out there in the way of comparing the pipemasters 4 into 4 system on our favorite bikes and this goes a long way the cb1100 could have been presented.
And thanks to the sound man, it does make a significant difference.

and also good to know about the centerstand and if you ever feel the need to do more video's we would like that a lot, cheers.
 
I thought the centre stand had to go when Pipemasters originally designed them.
 
Yup,surprised me too but it's definitely there looking at the video closely, is the stand different on the newer bike?, it could be a bit of a task to get the rear axle out, i think the left lower pipe could be in the way but maybe if the shocks were loosened the swing arm could come down far enough rather than taking the pipe off the bike every time.
 
GORGEOUS SOUND!!!

speaking of mic's....my samsung S9 cell phone now records in stereo, i dont know how they are able to record in stereo out of a small pinhole, but i am blown away at listening to a few videos i took at a concert. It's that good!
 
I am thinking of recording this gorgeous sound as well...and playing when riding....cheeper than buying :rolleyes:
 
Thread starter
We are planning on recording the bikes again in more controlled conditions- my buddy has the blue Guzzi V7 in the background with a very (expensive) nice Guzzi Tech exhaust and it sounds amazing. Maybe I'll record some on-bike so you can pump them in to your headphones, Peter! It'll be just like the real thing and as you said, a lot cheaper haha
 
iamheero_imp said:
We are planning on recording the bikes again in more controlled conditions- my buddy has the blue Guzzi V7 in the background with a very (expensive) nice Guzzi Tech exhaust and it sounds amazing. Maybe I'll record some on-bike so you can pump them in to your headphones, Peter! It'll be just like the real thing and as you said, a lot cheaper haha
Wish you good luck and waiting for this lovely sound :thumbsup:

Here is the link to CB's older and more powerful cousin....
 
Curious if the bike went for a state inspection sticker since the new pipes were put on.
 
I can't believe MTneers hasn't responded to this. he was sporting these pipes at the WV rally. REALLY unique sound. really beautiful fit and finish. all around stunning addition to the bike. you could hear every cylinder. There was a reason i always bullied my way to the front to trail him when he was leading.
 
Actually, his are Wyverns, but your point is well taken -- I love the sound of 4 pipes! Too bad Honda didn't ship our bike with 4 into 4.
 
I’m with you A-man.
 
ah, crud, i forgot, you're right A-man.

It's amazing how we live in the world where there are not one, not two, but three completely different 4-4 adaptations for our niche bike, and they all have a unique sound. Houtman's Moriwaki is stunning too.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
I can't believe MTneers hasn't responded to this. he was sporting these pipes at the WV rally. REALLY unique sound. really beautiful fit and finish. all around stunning addition to the bike. you could hear every cylinder. There was a reason i always bullied my way to the front to trail him when he was leading.
Ron is OK, he'll respond soon....
 
Good vid. Most riders don't include an acceleration and go-by, just a standing, static rev-up, full of clattering, rattles and buzzes. I mod the exhaust of most every bike I've owned, and the best results were on my first Nighthawk 750. I pulled the snooters out of hte 4into2's, cut off about a third of it, and re-installed. What a difference! Low and growly, I loved them, but when the old biddy knocked me off the bike, it was totalled. The replacement Nighthawk had a 4-1, with a Vance & Hines pipe that, after I re-packed it a few times, was not too bad. I hole-sawed the pipes on the Kawi 1500 and they sounded great, too. Not too loud, just a very nice mellow note. I've drilled the plate of the CB1100, but it didn't make much difference.
 
Back
Top