Pipe Master 4 into 4

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I am thinking of putting the Pipe Master 4 into 4 on my 2014 in the spring . I think that Iamhero did this and I will send him a PM tonight , I am certain that the center stand can be retained : any info anyone ?
 
Unfortunately no, but please keep us posted, incl. good pictures. I’d really like to see how this will look, from every possible angle.
 
While I personally prefer the Moriwaki 4-4, they both are great sounding.

I'd own one- but don't want to loose the centerstand- I think they both have to have it removed. I could be wrong.
 
Thread starter
I had to loose the centerstand on my 2013 with the Moriwaki 4 into 4 , not the end of the world as I have 3 Pittbull stands but it would be nice to keep it . I have seen pictures of the Pipe master WITH the center stand but that was on a 2013 and it could be different on a 2014 DLX with the 4 into 2 OEM.
 
I thought Pipemasters rendered the centre stand a goner on the 2010-14 STD models. I found a video of iamheero's Pipemasters. he put them on a 2017. here's the video
. I looks like he kept the centre stand.

I thought I recalled a discussion on the Forum some years ago about fitting Pipemasters to the DLX in which it was reported they couldn't make them without getting their hands on the DLS exhaust. As they were never imported into Australia, it meant someone from the US shipping their exhaust to Australia. It didn't happen. As I wrote that. though, it occurred to me it may have been Staintune.
 
It looks like the leg is sitting a little low. I wonder whether he had to fabricate a new stopper?
 
Hi, I can confirm I have the Pipemasters set, although I didn't install them- the previous owner did (and sold it with under 1,000 miles!). The center stand is retained and works as stock. I believe no new stoppers were necessary although if I recall from when I was last under there (just did a chain replacement about a month ago) it does rest on the pipes themselves! That was disconcerting but has done so for the 24,000 miles I've put on it since I got it last year and shows no signs of wear or melting.
 
Thread starter
iamheero_imp said:
Hi, I can confirm I have the Pipemasters set, although I didn't install them- the previous owner did (and sold it with under 1,000 miles!). The center stand is retained and works as stock. I believe no new stoppers were necessary although if I recall from when I was last under there (just did a chain replacement about a month ago) it does rest on the pipes themselves! That was disconcerting but has done so for the 24,000 miles I've put on it since I got it last year and shows no signs of wear or melting.
Thank you for your post , I send you a PM
 
Let me know if you need a hand installing them. There's nothing more fun than getting your hands dirty on a motorcycle!
 
Thread starter
I very much appreciate your offer Amos and I might take you up on that ! It will be after the new year before I make the decision as I want to do my home work first.
If you are here Amos ( after Covid is less of a problem) perhaps you could also help us how to put photo's on the Forum . It might be a lot easier for US ( my wife !) if some one is right next to us explaining how to do this than printed/written instructions.
Hopefully at that time the Sierra Nevada restaurant is open again.
 
Thread starter
I have not yet received my 4 into 4 Pipe Master exhaust and send an email to Peter Gray to see what is happening. I hope that he still is alive and in business making exhausts ! I did pay for them when I ordered them a while ago.
 
Thread starter
Good News ! Today I received an email from Peter Gray , owner of Pipe Master.
Due to some health issues and a welder problem there is/was a delay in making my exhaust system but he hopes to have it ready for shipping next week to the USA. Of course the shipping could take some time but at least there seem some progress !
 
Great news, Houtman. I’m looking forward to the pictures.
 
Back
Top