Pinstriped my wheels

greekcb_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Whatcha guys think ?

ad27f9aa48fad8df31cc8aab382d6502.jpg


bcc6a79593fa095ca195c3141013fbc2.jpg


252d31dbd54a5ccd2a56eb7a47aad269.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
greekcb_imp said:
Whatcha guys think ?

ad27f9aa48fad8df31cc8aab382d6502.jpg


bcc6a79593fa095ca195c3141013fbc2.jpg


252d31dbd54a5ccd2a56eb7a47aad269.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude, I :heart: it now thinking of doing mine lol never thought about doing that but it looks awesome.
 
Thread starter
tate_imp said:
greekcb_imp said:
Whatcha guys think ?

ad27f9aa48fad8df31cc8aab382d6502.jpg


bcc6a79593fa095ca195c3141013fbc2.jpg


252d31dbd54a5ccd2a56eb7a47aad269.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dude, I :heart: it now thinking of doing mine lol never thought about doing that but it looks awesome.
Dude, I :heart: it now thinking of doing mine lol never thought about doing that but it looks awesome.
Glad ya like it ! Def a cheap a** mod with a huge impact



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Like how it matches the seat piping.
 
Every so often, I think about doing this but I never get around to it. Looks good. If I do it, I will do it with reflective rim tape.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I cant believe how the little striping tool leaves everything so darn straight! No wobbles or waves at all. I redid the rear wheel because it was my first attempt and i wasn't happy with how the stripe ends joined at the seam. I did the front rim and it came out great. Got the technique down and the tape joint all good so i said screw it im real picky and i know that rear is gonna bug me. So, i redid it. Took me five minutes. I also used pin-striping from pep boys, USA stuff so it was pretty good quality. The tape i got with the tool/kit was crappy. It didn't stick and would break if I applied enough pressure to the tool. If anyone is looking at doing this i would get the tool even if you have to get the cheapo striping with it, then just get quality striping and you ll be good., Mine is 1/4 inch size BTW. And of course, prep is key. Make sure the wheels are clean and use some alcohol or wax remover to get any residue off the surface where the stripes will go.
 
That will look excellent on my bike as well. Which pinstriping tool did you use? Thanks for posting!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Retsel_imp said:
That will look excellent on my bike as well. Which pinstriping tool did you use? Thanks for posting!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Hey, honestly i cant remember where i got mine(bought back in winter) but i found a kit on revzilla with the tool in it. Not sure the quality of the striping in it but once you have the tool you can use whatever you want

Oxford Wheel Stripes With Applicator - RevZilla
 
greekcb_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
That will look excellent on my bike as well. Which pinstriping tool did you use? Thanks for posting!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Hey, honestly i cant remember where i got mine(bought back in winter) but i found a kit on revzilla with the tool in it. Not sure the quality of the striping in it but once you have the tool you can use whatever you want

Oxford Wheel Stripes With Applicator - RevZilla
Hey, honestly i cant remember where i got mine(bought back in winter) but i found a kit on revzilla with the tool in it. Not sure the quality of the striping in it but once you have the tool you can use whatever you want

Oxford Wheel Stripes With Applicator - RevZilla Thanks! I had checked Amazon and there were a ton of them ranging from $20 - over 100 bucks. I'll check this one out. Thanks for the info and the idea!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Retsel_imp said:
greekcb_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
That will look excellent on my bike as well. Which pinstriping tool did you use? Thanks for posting!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Hey, honestly i cant remember where i got mine(bought back in winter) but i found a kit on revzilla with the tool in it. Not sure the quality of the striping in it but once you have the tool you can use whatever you want

Oxford Wheel Stripes With Applicator - RevZilla
Hey, honestly i cant remember where i got mine(bought back in winter) but i found a kit on revzilla with the tool in it. Not sure the quality of the striping in it but once you have the tool you can use whatever you want

Oxford Wheel Stripes With Applicator - RevZilla Thanks! I had checked Amazon and there were a ton of them ranging from $20 - over 100 bucks. I'll check this one out. Thanks for the info and the idea!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Hey, honestly i cant remember where i got mine(bought back in winter) but i found a kit on revzilla with the tool in it. Not sure the quality of the striping in it but once you have the tool you can use whatever you want

Oxford Wheel Stripes With Applicator - RevZilla Thanks! I had checked Amazon and there were a ton of them ranging from $20 - over 100 bucks. I'll check this one out. Thanks for the info and the idea!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sure not a problem . I used pinstripe from Pep boys , worked way better than the kit tape and only 3.99 for enough to do 2 bikes Incase you wanna go a diff route for the striping , have fun with the project and post pics if you do it !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Will do. It'll be a bit. Just took delivery of all the materials to build a Trex deck. That has to be next. Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Pulled out in the sun today for a ride , they look great outside ! They also stayed on so I think I did it right lol

235ee3632009f94f5e4430c4c1f681db.jpg


c4fc9e9b0c58852e5823be7a97c74d07.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Didn't notice the red accent on your fairing while in the garage. Looks really great. It all seems to be coming together well!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Retsel_imp said:
Didn't notice the red accent on your fairing while in the garage. Looks really great. It all seems to be coming together well!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Thanks, yeah i paid extra for the matching stripes, what an amazing piece that fairing is. Im so happy with it and would buy it again in a heartbeat if i had to.
 
Back
Top