photos

What operating system does your PC use? Windows? Mac? Linux?
 
paint comes with windows. nothing to download. toolbar includes "resize". maintains aspect ratio (or not). what more could you want?
 
Not much, but, having downloaded and installed Image Resizer, you can shrink multiple images from their folder by right clicking on them. It's just easier.
 
touché

Win XP had some pretty good power toys. I had no idea there were some out there for Win 10. I'll have to take a look!
 
Rich, you could follow the link in my earlier post and try the Image Resizer or do what jimgl3 does and use the Windows Paint app. I don’t use Windows any longer so you might have to ask him for further assistance if you go that way.
 
While we are speaking about photos size, because I don't use the forum on a laptop, and don't upload via proxy website, maybe guys on laptops can give me feedback on the size and if I need to upload them smaller, and there is a choice between 3 sizes I can use on Tapatalk.

Thanks

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
While we are speaking about photos size, because I don't use the forum on a laptop, and don't upload via proxy website, maybe guys on laptops can give me feedback on the size and if I need to upload them smaller, and there is a choice between 3 sizes I can use on Tapatalk.

Thanks

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
The Forum restricts to 250 kBs image sizes. Link to off-Forum storage, image file size does not apply.

Image file size varies with the image data rendering. Lots of image variance creates lots of run-length encoding, and hence larger file sizes. Less variance does the opposite. Example: A CB1100 against a colourful autumn leafy background will create a larger file size than a CB1100 against a calm lake background. If the image has lots of variance like in the autumn example, your image size will need to be inversely proportional in size when it is stored on the Forum server - to a maximum of 250 kBs.
 
tod.branko, I'm pretty sure Tapatalk acts as a de facto proxy website. I don't think there's a file size limit. It's probably the easiest known way to upload photos.
 
Thanks, so I needn't worry, because I was looking at the posts and thought I was pushing it. Ok, I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
If you upload them directly to the forum's server, the file size can be no more than 250 kb.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
tod.branko, I'm pretty sure Tapatalk acts as a de facto proxy website. I don't think there's a file size limit. It's probably the easiest known way to upload photos.
Does Tapatalk auto re-scale uploaded images to the desired site limit? Not hard to imagine it would since many social chat apps do that already.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
tod.branko, I'm pretty sure Tapatalk acts as a de facto proxy website. I don't think there's a file size limit. It's probably the easiest known way to upload photos.
Does Tapatalk auto re-scale uploaded images to the desired site limit? Not hard to imagine it would since many social chat apps do that already.
It doesn't need to as it's not using the site's servers. When posting a pic using Tapatalk it gives you the option Original (Large, whatever size the pic actually is), Medium 768x1024 or Small 384x512. Those sizes are an example, I believe it would change depending on the image.
 
I've used tapatalk for many many years...on many many forums.

I just click upload from my phone- and that's it. It always displays correctly in the forums- you can click it to view larger, and once back on my PC I can use that URL wherever I want afterward.
 
alprider_imp said:
tapatalk knows always how are the filesize limits of any kind forums ?
Forum size limits are based on how much they want to allow on their servers. The more images and the larger the images are the more expensive it is for the forum (Guth). Tapatalk stores the images on their servers so the forum is taken out of the equation. It's not how much the forum will show, it's how much they have to store.
 
Back
Top