photo bucket

Hiram E. Varona_imp said:
Gentlemen, I should have never written those comments here. The fact that I am unable to post pictures in this Forum is entirely my fault. My career in aviation, would have lasted longer if I would have been able to "adapt" to computer technology. I chose early retirement to having to go to school just to learn "trouble shooting" from a lap top that was part of the furnished equipment in modern cockpits. It was both embarrassing and frustrating trying to "keep up" with kids raised using these things. I worked all my life working on aircraft or training others on the work they had to be able to do in them. Computers were never a priority, nor something I cared to involve myself with. Then all of a sudden my airline went out of business and all at once computer technology became something I would not care to overcome. I retired and every once in a while someone would call me when no computer was required, now it's all computers, and no one calls anymore. The fact that I cannot post pictures is solely my fault. When I weigh the trouble, frustration, and often the humiliation involved in learning the process, I opt for not posting the pictures. But who knows, one day I just might see a ray of light from some unknown source, and the whole thing will open up for me. I have my old twin lens Rolliflex for what pictures I still take, and as long as they make the film I will still take those pictures. When one of my grandkids visit they will use the Nikon toy. Again I thank all that kindly tried to instruct me in this matter, and I do promise never to bring it up again.
Don't worry about it. As far as I can tell we have been having a good discussion about it and no fights have broken out, so I'd say all is well. :D
 
Hiram, no worries as far as I'm concerned. We all have our issues when it comes to learning new things. There are things that just "click" for some while others simply struggle to figure them out. Pick a different subject matters and the roles might well be reversed. We each have our own strengths. For some, the process of posting pictures here is easy, and for others, not so much.

Lately my day job has been testing my patience, partially because I'm struggling to figure out a few technical challenges that are facing me. It does not make me particularly happy. So I can empathize with you when it comes to your frustration over the process of trying to post images on this forum.
 
Hang in there Hiram. One of your grandkids can mentor you. Photobucket is easy. Smugmug is another one. I just got back from 2 weeks ATVing in Colorado and downloaded 400 pics to Photobucket in 45 minutes. It is easy once you learn how.
Colorado:


a4ef42e7ff834935d0ca2eb51084c0f4.jpg


d0f3cc6c46beddc34e61082f8507dcce.jpg


a959c5e4f17bab515fd0b2e41c99003c.jpg


96a47772f2b0db234b06e1156d84c4ff.jpg


a95a7605aa35be1709e643176820a3e9.jpg


6c0dd36883899dac71c40d6a680413b5.jpg


956343a8b1394d1668e2d992f544102d.jpg



73fdb719d5a6c587dfe22e1d26d4e02e.jpg


a76107f55fdc06c99c57159e8c9d15bb.jpg


57d1d4aa4252d201ad42870fcbae6111.jpg


hang in there buddy it will come
 
I've never seen a brown CB before. What handlebars are those? :P
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I've never seen a brown CB before. What handlebars are those? :P
That first moose pic was taken from the back of my truck! So I am sitting in Northern Colorado my last night in that great state. Drinking a beer, sitting in my lawn chair, pan searing a $20 ribeye (I eat darn good whilst on vacation). I hear something breaking twigs in da woods behind me. Out comes Bullwinkle about 20 feet away. He is heading straight for my frying pan no fear of me whatsoever! He gets about 10 feet from me, I jump in to the back of my Tacoma camera in hand. He walks past my chair sniffs my steak then walks to the front of my truck and starts licking the drivers side window. All I can think is there was some windshield washer residue there? Maybe it is sweet? Heck I don't know. He crosses to the dirt road where low and behold were 3 more bulls and cow happily chomping grass and I did not even see or hear them until Bullwinkle caught up to them. It was a memorable last night in Colorado that's for sure. At one time I had 5 adult moose within 15 feet of my camp. No fear showed by any of them.
 
Great shots Ole! I have some the same drawbacks as Hiram E. Varona
I have not kept up with all the new tech stuff. Don't do any SM stuff
at all just this page which I enjoy very much. One other limiting thing
is my slow and not so good internet. I do have to wait several minites
to enjoy the pictures to down load. Videos I can not see at all , it takes hours to download just a min. for me so I don't. Even the ads
that Photo bucket try to run never even get started buy the time I am done.
 
CA200_imp said:
Great shots Ole! I have some the same drawbacks as Hiram E. Varona
I have not kept up with all the new tech stuff. Don't do any SM stuff
at all just this page which I enjoy very much. One other limiting thing
is my slow and not so good internet. I do have to wait several minites
to enjoy the pictures to down load. Videos I can not see at all , it takes hours to download just a min. for me so I don't. Even the ads
that Photo bucket try to run never even get started buy the time I am done.
I certainly remember having dial up, it was slow as heck, I did get alot of things done waiting for a picture to download, now with cable it is lightning quick and am very spoiled, but llke you I'm not savvy a ALL.....:(
 
You know I never even considered that in 2015 someone might be on dial up still

Bong bong bong screeeeech
 
The ferret_imp said:
You know I never even considered that in 2015 someone might be on dial up still

Bong bong bong screeeeech
That explains EVERYTHING!!

a41842c9d37a64b8ee21a9ecb49ff2a6.jpeg
 
Back
Top