photo bucket

Southwend

Running like a top
Thread starter
Sorry for my electronic ignorance BUT can I take pictures with my nice digital Nikon and put them on photo bucket? I would need to what; load them on to the computer first and then transfer them or can I go straight from camera memory through computer to the bucket?
Signed
Bewildered
 
You'll need to put them on the computer first.

I took this with my D610 (click for original size....HUGE) :D

bd6b956eaa12ae01a6d3ca3b6630eee5.jpg~original
 
southwend, I download mine to a photo file in my computer and then download them from there to photobucket. Don't know how you could do it directly from an SD card.
 
I don't think it's possible without the computer as an intermediary. I put my RAW photos into Lightroom and the use the publish feature to send the JPGs to Photobucket. With JPGs you would just have to use photobucket's upload tool.
 
Basically what Randy & Ferret have said, but, if, when you plug your camera or card into the computer, said computer sees the camera's storage as an extra drive, you may be able to copy images direct to Photobucket. You'll still need a computer.
 
I have found that it has to come straight from the computer. It doesn't like to import from an external device from some reason.
 
I bow to your experience, Randy.
 
Randy B_imp said:
You'll need to put them on the computer first.

I took this with my D610 (click for original size....HUGE) :D

bd6b956eaa12ae01a6d3ca3b6630eee5.jpg~original
What a difference a quality camera makes. I've become so accustomed to cell phone captured photos that when I finally see one taken with a proper camera, I'm amazed at how much nicer it is. TINK also comes to mind with the photos he's posted. I wish there was a way to add RLETs to my iPhone. I'm sure that would bring the quality up tremendously.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
You'll need to put them on the computer first.

I took this with my D610 (click for original size....HUGE) :D

bd6b956eaa12ae01a6d3ca3b6630eee5.jpg~original
What a difference a quality camera makes. I've become so accustomed to cell phone captured photos that when I finally see one taken with a proper camera, I'm amazed at how much nicer it is. TINK also comes to mind with the photos he's posted. I wish there was a way to add RLETs to my iPhone. I'm sure that would bring the quality up tremendously.
What a difference a quality camera makes. I've become so accustomed to cell phone captured photos that when I finally see one taken with a proper camera, I'm amazed at how much nicer it is. TINK also comes to mind with the photos he's posted. I wish there was a way to add RLETs to my iPhone. I'm sure that would bring the quality up tremendously.
Well it IS only 24.3 megapixels. :D
 
There is an adapter that can be plugged into mine for that, but I haven't used one. It's easy enough for me to just pop the memory card into the laptop and go from there which allows me to make any adjustments I need to before the upload.
 
Randy B_imp said:
There is an adapter that can be plugged into mine for that, but I haven't used one. It's easy enough for me to just pop the memory card into the laptop and go from there which allows me to make any adjustments I need to before the upload.
And the camera never lies.
 
Thread starter
Thanks you all so very much. I will let one of my boys read this and be the tech guy. It will give them yet another opportunity to roll their eyes.
 
Gentlemen, has it occurred to anyone that sending photographs through or by "photobucket" is an impossible technological feat for some of us? I have tried many times to follow the steps provided by many a helpful forum member, and have yet been able to post a single picture through photobucket. The procedures sound simple enough. The problem is in my lack of computer knowledge necessary to post a picture successfully. I have the latest Nikon available (a birthday gift from last year), and have experience taking pictures for more than 40 years. Every time I use that camera, I must read the manual more than once to understand how it works! The one time I posted a picture it was my daughter's handiwork. When one is not up on computer technology or worse yet the "language" required to understand the instructions, it becomes a lost cause. There are so many pictures I would love to post on this forum, but I may as well try and make the "Mars Rover" maneuver on a planet I know nothing of. Sorry to butt in on this subject but I've totally given up on this, and now I'm reminded of the past failures.
 
Hiram E. Varona_imp said:
Gentlemen, has it occurred to anyone that sending photographs through or by "photobucket" is an impossible technological feat for some of us? I have tried many times to follow the steps provided by many a helpful forum member, and have yet been able to post a single picture through photobucket. The procedures sound simple enough. The problem is in my lack of computer knowledge necessary to post a picture successfully. I have the latest Nikon available (a birthday gift from last year), and have experience taking pictures for more than 40 years. Every time I use that camera, I must read the manual more than once to understand how it works! The one time I posted a picture it was my daughter's handiwork. When one is not up on computer technology or worse yet the "language" required to understand the instructions, it becomes a lost cause. There are so many pictures I would love to post on this forum, but I may as well try and make the "Mars Rover" maneuver on a planet I know nothing of. Sorry to butt in on this subject but I've totally given up on this, and now I'm reminded of the past failures.
I wonder why this forum can't accept photos directly from computer or memory cards but has to go thru intermediate step via photobucket

is this is for security reasons?
 
CB, I think someone said it has to do with data storage requirements and costing by the hosting company.
 
Hiram, I too am not very computer oriented.

When at your Photobucket site, pull up the image you wish to transfer then click on that image. This will bring up some options on the right of the screen. Click on the bar labeled IMG and it will flash a yellow copied message. Now go to the thread you are working on and make sure your cursor is ready to start a new line. Press your control key, hold it down and press v and it will transfer the image code to the thread. Now, erase the bracketed URL including it's brackets, then remove the upper URL to html section. You should be left with a script with a bracketed IMG at the front and at the end. When you publish your thread entry the photo should be there.

I hope this helps.
 
I have been posting photo's directly from my I phone. I know a lot of people have them and I find it quite easy (not being that great with actual computers). The only intermediate step I have to do is put the photo into an image resizing App which I got free to get it small enough for the forum. Once done I can write my forum message and add the picture easily.
Has anyone else been doing something like this?
 
cbdtran_imp said:
Hiram E. Varona_imp said:
Gentlemen, has it occurred to anyone that sending photographs through or by "photobucket" is an impossible technological feat for some of us? I have tried many times to follow the steps provided by many a helpful forum member, and have yet been able to post a single picture through photobucket. The procedures sound simple enough. The problem is in my lack of computer knowledge necessary to post a picture successfully. I have the latest Nikon available (a birthday gift from last year), and have experience taking pictures for more than 40 years. Every time I use that camera, I must read the manual more than once to understand how it works! The one time I posted a picture it was my daughter's handiwork. When one is not up on computer technology or worse yet the "language" required to understand the instructions, it becomes a lost cause. There are so many pictures I would love to post on this forum, but I may as well try and make the "Mars Rover" maneuver on a planet I know nothing of. Sorry to butt in on this subject but I've totally given up on this, and now I'm reminded of the past failures.
I wonder why this forum can't accept photos directly from computer or memory cards but has to go thru intermediate step via photobucket

is this is for security reasons?
I wonder why this forum can't accept photos directly from computer or memory cards but has to go thru intermediate step via photobucket

is this is for security reasons?
When you host your own website, you must pay for server space and bandwidth usage. Hosting, and serving up, everyone's hi-res photos can be demanding and costly. I often wonder why the forum does not move off to a FREE solution, such as a Google Community. (For example: World Motorcycle Community ) The photo management tools are built in, easy for users to post, and the forum suddenly become zero cost to operate!

While I am able to post pictures here, and have done so many times, I find it to be such a royal pain that I post far fewer than I would it it was an easy, one step, process. I imagine that is the case with many users here, nevermind those users without the skills to never post a picture at all.
 
Back
Top