Perfect Christmas Day...

quietguy_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I took my first "real" ride on my new CB1100 this morning. Rolled her out at 10:00 am and geared up, then off I went heading east on a great back road.


Stopped at 56 miles and filled the tank. The gauge was showing 1/2 tank remaining. It took 1.9 gallons (capacity 3.9) and calculated mpg was 30.9 - due mostly to my poor handling of the controls.


Impressions:


Smooth, quiet, torque into the stratosphere, and Comfortable. The ride is near Lincoln Towncar quality... bumps and road imperfections have almost zero affect.


Handling: Neutral, balanced and easy to control. No bad habits.


3 hours and 100 miles later, home again. Rolled her into the shed, got her on the centerstand, wiped it all down, and came in the house with a "perma-smile" pasted on my ugly mug.


Overall, an incredible Xmas day for this old fella.


I hope all of you are having a great day.

... quietguy
 
Nice report QG. Glad you were able to get out for a Christmas ride. Better weather conditions than we are having, I see a shadow under your bike.

BTW have you filled it up since you got home from the dealer? If not I suspect your bike was delivered with less than a full tank. Hope you zeroed one of your meters so you can check it at the next fill. 30 mpg can't be right.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nice report QG. Glad you were able to get out for a Christmas ride. Better weather conditions than we are having, I see a shadow under your bike.

BTW have you filled it up since you got home from the dealer? If not I suspect your bike was delivered with less than a full tank. Hope you zeroed one of your meters so you can check it at the next fill. 30 mpg can't be right.
Thanks, Mr ferret...

And I would surmise you're correct about a less than full tank. I have zeroed the "A" odometer and will recheck.

Forecast beginning tonight is for a storm with up to 6" of rain, possibly turning to snow by Sunday night. Temps for the next 2 weeks are said to be in the 40s during the day, 20s at night. Old man winter is about to make an appearance.

I'm really glad I did my first "real" ride this morning.
 
So glad you got out QG. The good news is that the experience improves.
 
Sounds like a fine day on the CB QG. Your sentiments are the same as mine when returning home from a ride, what a sublime motorcycle.
 
Thread starter
Although I only rode 100 miles... I was in my sweet spot.

As the old saying goes, "once bitten..." , or so it seems, redbirds.
 
Back
Top