Peg lowering Kit

LiveToRide_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Don't do it, you will lose lean angle for cornering. You will scrape pegs too much and this will adversely effect your riding. I put those blasted things on several bikes and later took them off. Much better without.
 
I installed the Buell pegs and they are noticeably lower with a more comfortable knee angle. The stock pegs seemed to cramp up my legs after a while. The did require more modification than I expected to fit correctly but the grinding wheel instead of the Dremel made the 2nd much faster to mount.
I've only had a few very quick road tests with them but do not see any significant reduction in clearance but real testing will have to wait for better road conditions.
Plus, they were much more affordable.
 
I have bought these from Twisted Trottle,do not use the 50 mm ones.
I used both 30 and 23 mm extensions and felt the 23 mm were the best for ME.
 
I have 1" lower pegs from Knight Design LLC on my 2001 VFR. Makes a big difference. Their website doesn't list the CB but I know they'll make pegs for a bunch of bikes they don't have listed on their website.

I went into my local dealer about a year ago ready to buy a CB1100 and then I sat on it and realized the leg room was really no better than my VFR. I was (and still am) really bummed out about that. A standard bike should not have a cramped seat to peg ratio.
 
I just got out for a short cruise the outher day and tested out my Buel pegs that I fitted. Better than I expected and a great relief as I found the peg to seat arrangement the only thing on the CB I did not like. The Buel pegs are a good inch lower and much more comfortable. Plus, the shift and brake really are not out of position for my size 13 feet so I really haven't needed to play with repositioning them.
 
banjobart_imp said:
Don't do it, you will lose lean angle for cornering. You will scrape pegs too much and this will adversely effect your riding. I put those blasted things on several bikes and later took them off. Much better without.
That's because you are riding too dam fast. Slow down. You will git 55 miles per gallon too.

To be honest there is a lot of cornering clearance on this bike. Jedging from the kind of mileage some guys are gettin' and the kind of ridin' they're doin' it shouldn't be no problem to drop the pegs an inch.
 
I just got back from my first ride since I put a set of Buell's on mine last fall but never had the chance to test them out.

I do notice a difference in my knees, which is great, I now though have interference from the kickstand tab that sticks out in front of the left peg behind the shifter. I almost can't get my toe under to shift. Not sure if it's just the boots I was wearing or if it's going to be an issue.

I still want to replace my seat with a taller one (I'm 6'5") so maybe that will be enough and I can put the stock pegs back on.
 
Has anyone got a few pics of the lowered pegs.
I've just been on the phone to Woodys Imports, Wales. Nice man called Mike helped me with choosing risers and Air Hawk seat.
 
Lower Footpegs

Here's one, but if you type Buell footpegs into the search engine you will find several different threads on them
 
mas_imp said:
I just got back from my first ride since I put a set of Buell's on mine last fall but never had the chance to test them out.

I do notice a difference in my knees, which is great, I now though have interference from the kickstand tab that sticks out in front of the left peg behind the shifter. I almost can't get my toe under to shift. Not sure if it's just the boots I was wearing or if it's going to be an issue.

I still want to replace my seat with a taller one (I'm 6'5") so maybe that will be enough and I can put the stock pegs back on.
If you install Buell's you definitely need to adjust the shift lever position. It can be raised and lowered quite a bit. The 2 bolts on either end of that bar turn in opposite directions. You'll also need to adjust the brake lever to its lowest safe position.

6c7ac45350207d9cb3cb9cb76f542815.jpg
 
CB4ME_imp said:
mas_imp said:
I just got back from my first ride since I put a set of Buell's on mine last fall but never had the chance to test them out.

I do notice a difference in my knees, which is great, I now though have interference from the kickstand tab that sticks out in front of the left peg behind the shifter. I almost can't get my toe under to shift. Not sure if it's just the boots I was wearing or if it's going to be an issue.

I still want to replace my seat with a taller one (I'm 6'5") so maybe that will be enough and I can put the stock pegs back on.
If you install Buell's you definitely need to adjust the shift lever position. It can be raised and lowered quite a bit. The 2 bolts on either end of that bar turn in opposite directions. You'll also need to adjust the brake lever to its lowest safe position.

6c7ac45350207d9cb3cb9cb76f542815.jpg
If you install Buell's you definitely need to adjust the shift lever position. It can be raised and lowered quite a bit. The 2 bolts on either end of that bar turn in opposite directions. You'll also need to adjust the brake lever to its lowest safe position.

b2ad63f8cd5f82112a052b8024b74e30.jpg

I installed the Buell pegs and was prepped to start adjusting the brake & shift but after a test ride I found the positions still more than acceptable. I will admit that I have a size 13 shoe (doesn't really match up well with my 28" inseam) and any change is still within my comfort zone. If you fit the Buells, a relatively economical solution, I'd advise a good test ride before diving into the controls. You never know. :thumbsup:
 
FWIW: an unintended consequence of putting my AirHawk seat gizmo on the bike for Daytona was to get a small but noticable bump in legroom. And since long rides are the only time the Hawk is needed, leaving the setup stock the rest of the time works out great. "In" the saddle around town, "on" the saddle when touring.

Speaking of touring: Twisted Throttle and Givi both said new CB products are in the pipeline. Honda's announcement of two new models fir '14 got their attention!
 
Alternative to lower pegs: I just got a K&H "high" seat from samurider and now I feel less cramped on the bike and like the higher riding position. I ordered the seat rock hard so I may have gained a bit more than an inch in seat height since the stock seat on the 2013 is a bit soft for me.
 
Back
Top