Pedrosa to Yamaha?

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
More Silly Season news:

Pedrosa to join Rossi at Yamaha, Viñales to remain at Suzuki?

Apparently Vinales' deal with Yamaha has fallen through. Among the factors, Suzuki upped Yamaha's 4M euro offer by a cool million and Maverick has faith that Suzuki will greatly improve.

Small statured Dani who struggled to tame the hard to ride Honda could thrive on the smooth and stable Yamaha. It certainly would be a sight to behold.
 
Just can't imagine Pedrosa on a Yamaha after all these years in Repsol leathers. Maybe the change would do him good though.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Just can't imagine Pedrosa on a Yamaha after all these years in Repsol leathers. Maybe the change would do him good though.
Ah Dani ...

He's a tool..

I've never liked him but started hating him when he took Hayden out on his motogp championship season..
 
Pedrosa has always been a Honda rider since the time that he started in the promotion cups in Spain in 1999, later in the old 125 and 250 categories (3 consecutive championships in 2003, 2004 and 2005), and finally when he moved up to MotoGP in 2006. With a curriculum of fifteen years competing in a very tough sport with consistent results (5th was his lowest place ever at the end of the season in MotoGP), it seems unlikely that he would quit a successful life with Honda for a year or two with Yamaha.
However the relation between Rossi and Pedrosa, the two most veteran riders in MotoGP, has never been bad, and Valentino might be more open to welcome the well-known Spaniard in Yamaha rather than having to cope with a younger (and hungrier) pilot.
 
Rossi does not care who his teammate is, they are all on their own. There is no team. Each guy's got his own program. I am glad Maverick is sticking with Suzuki because they have a fantastic motorcycle. Only the second year on that bike and it is right in the hunt. The chassis is superb and the electronics seem to be pretty well sorted. A little more power and the Suzuki will be a match for anything on the grid.
 
Thread starter
From MotoMatters:

"There are a lot of reasons Pedrosa would be a good fit at Yamaha. The Spaniard has kept well out of the mudslinging which the 2015 championship devolved into, winning plaudits for his dignity in the aftermath of Sepang. He is a relatively easy rider to work with, and would cause no friction with Valentino Rossi. He is a rider capable of winning, as his 28 victories in MotoGP will attest.

Pedrosa would also be an excellent fit with the M1. His smooth style and subtle control inputs are exactly what the Yamaha responds to best, as both Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi have demonstrated. At Honda, his biggest problem is a lack of rear grip, an issue which has plagued the RC213V for the past three years. Pedrosa's small frame and low weight make it hard to generate grip by moving his body around. The Yamaha M1 has fantastic mechanical grip, and solve a lot of his problems."
 
I have no use for Matt Oxley or motomatters or pundits in general

I think of it as moto don't matter

Only thing that matters is when they get out there and put the rubber on the tarmac
 
CB4ME_imp said:
From MotoMatters:

"There are a lot of reasons Pedrosa would be a good fit at Yamaha. The Spaniard has kept well out of the mudslinging which the 2015 championship devolved into, winning plaudits for his dignity in the aftermath of Sepang. He is a relatively easy rider to work with, and would cause no friction with Valentino Rossi. He is a rider capable of winning, as his 28 victories in MotoGP will attest.

Pedrosa would also be an excellent fit with the M1. His smooth style and subtle control inputs are exactly what the Yamaha responds to best, as both Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi have demonstrated. At Honda, his biggest problem is a lack of rear grip, an issue which has plagued the RC213V for the past three years. Pedrosa's small frame and low weight make it hard to generate grip by moving his body around. The Yamaha M1 has fantastic mechanical grip, and solve a lot of his problems."
Dani-elle is only easy to work with if he feels he is the #1 rider of the team... That was the problem when he was with Honda when Nicky was his teammate... He thought he should be the primary focus of the team and was po'd when Nicky kept consistently getting the podium. He was of the opinion that because he won in 125 and 250 championships, he should have been the favored rider, and there was some truth to this ....

Yeah, teams race against each other, but a teammate shouldn't risk taking both racers out of a race (remember manufacturers have championships as well). That said, manufacturers stick with a baseline for performance, so as to not have to deal with two radical different setups.

Yes, there are changes per each rider - but those aren't radical. The year that Nicky won the title, was the year that he got the bike set up the way he wanted set, as Dani was adapting to the bigger bike. When Nicky kept getting to the podium early one, they went with his setup. Later in the season after adapting to the bigger bike, Dani thought he could have had a chance and was very vocal about not getting things more his way.

He was the MotoGP drama queen after Max Biaggi left.. Max also thought he was the premier rider over rossi (not teammates however). when Rossi started dominating.
 
oh boy I see a spirited conversation about MotoGP and particularly Dani Pedrosa coming up at the rally lol

You do realize that (1) Dani did not purposefully take out Hayden, just like Iannone did not purposely take out his team mate Dovisioso a couple weeks ago ago. (2) that Pedrosa had already low sided and was on the ground sliding when his bike took out Hayden (3) that the incident had no bearing on the out come of the season (4) That Pedrosa won as many races that year as Hayden did and was in fact hired to try and win the championship just as Hayden was and was Rookie of the Year that year (5) that Hayden was in fact hired to a 2 year contract in Sept of 06 to be the #1 rider at Honda and even after having a horrible year in 07 was the only rider to get the new pneumatic valve engine in 08, while Pedrosa was stuck on the old mechanical valve engine bike. (6) That Honda didn't decide to just design a bike to fit Pedrosa (like all Hayden fans claim), that in 07 the rules were changed from 990cc bikes to 800cc bikes and that ALL manufacturers had to design newer smaller GP machines. Geez I could go on and on, but here is some interesting reading if you are open minded and interested

Nicky Hayden - Wikipedia

Dani Pedrosa - Wikipedia

BTW I'm a Hayden fan too (only reason I am watching WSBK this season), just don't think Pedrosa deserves the vitriol he gets from people. I think he is one of the classier guys in MotoGP, quiet, unassuming, just mounts up and rides and is a very good rider. I 've never found him to be demanding or a drama queen.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
oh boy I see a spirited conversation about MotoGP and particularly Dani Pedrosa coming up at the rally lol

You do realize that (1) Dani did not purposefully take out Hayden, just like Iannone did not purposely take out his team mate Dovisioso a couple weeks ago ago. (2) that Pedrosa had already low sided and was on the ground sliding when his bike took out Hayden (3) that the incident had no bearing on the out come of the season (4) That Pedrosa won as many races that year as Hayden did and was in fact hired to try and win the championship just as Hayden was and was Rookie of the Year that year (5) that Hayden was in fact hired to a 2 year contract in Sept of 06 to be the #1 rider at Honda and even after having a horrible year in 07 was the only rider to get the new pneumatic valve engine in 08, while Pedrosa was stuck on the old mechanical valve engine bike. (6) That Honda didn't decide to just design a bike to fit Pedrosa (like all Hayden fans claim), that in 07 the rules were changed from 990cc bikes to 800cc bikes and that ALL manufacturers had to design newer smaller GP machines. Geez I could go on and on, but here is some interesting reading if you are open minded and interested

Nicky Hayden - Wikipedia

Dani Pedrosa - Wikipedia

BTW I'm a Hayden fan too (only reason I am watching WSBK this season), just don't think Pedrosa deserves the vitriol he gets from people. I think he is one of the classier guys in MotoGP, quiet, unassuming, just mounts up and rides and is a very good rider. I 've never found him to be demanding or a drama queen.
:thumbsup:
 
CB4ME_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
oh boy I see a spirited conversation about MotoGP and particularly Dani Pedrosa coming up at the rally lol

You do realize that (1) Dani did not purposefully take out Hayden, just like Iannone did not purposely take out his team mate Dovisioso a couple weeks ago ago. (2) that Pedrosa had already low sided and was on the ground sliding when his bike took out Hayden (3) that the incident had no bearing on the out come of the season (4) That Pedrosa won as many races that year as Hayden did and was in fact hired to try and win the championship just as Hayden was and was Rookie of the Year that year (5) that Hayden was in fact hired to a 2 year contract in Sept of 06 to be the #1 rider at Honda and even after having a horrible year in 07 was the only rider to get the new pneumatic valve engine in 08, while Pedrosa was stuck on the old mechanical valve engine bike. (6) That Honda didn't decide to just design a bike to fit Pedrosa (like all Hayden fans claim), that in 07 the rules were changed from 990cc bikes to 800cc bikes and that ALL manufacturers had to design newer smaller GP machines. Geez I could go on and on, but here is some interesting reading if you are open minded and interested

Nicky Hayden - Wikipedia

Dani Pedrosa - Wikipedia

BTW I'm a Hayden fan too (only reason I am watching WSBK this season), just don't think Pedrosa deserves the vitriol he gets from people. I think he is one of the classier guys in MotoGP, quiet, unassuming, just mounts up and rides and is a very good rider. I 've never found him to be demanding or a drama queen.
:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
Sry can't agree... (I thought I was clean with my post ferret, sry it I wasn't)

Remember that Hayden's championship season went down to the last race.. Had Hayden finished even down a spot from where Danielle took him out he would have cliched it before the last race

It's my recollection that Hayden had settled down making sure to finish and Danielle passed him on the high side of a banked turn and then lowssided taking em both out
 
The Hayden, Pedrosa incident happened, if memory serves me right, in Pedrosa's first season in Motogp. He matured quickly as a rider after that and I don't recall him being involved in many if any other such incidents. His character and class showed recently after taking out Dovisioso, he was there to apologize to Dovi and his crew.

I don't recall Pedrosa ever being the crew leader at Repsol in the purest sense. He was overshadowed by Stoner and now by Marquez. I think Pedrosa would have no problem with being on the Yamaha team with Rossi and as said before, Pedrosa and the Yamaha would be a better fit than the Honda considering his smooth riding style. I hope he makes the switch and wins a world championship before age takes him out of the game.
 
Hondahawkrider...Here it is, judge for yourself..36-.38 on the film. You watch it and tell me if it looked like a risky move (and if you think it was, you don't watch much MotoGP racing). Dani went to pass Hayden on the inside with plenty of room, lost the front end and down he went. The bike then slid into Hayden. Purely an accidental racing incident that happens in nearly every race.


The 2006 season was a strange one. 7 riders won races and 5 riders I think won 2 or more races including Hayden and Pedrosa. Rossi won 5 races, but broke down 3 times, coming back from a 51 point deficit to lead going into the last couple of rounds. Rossi was beaten in Portugal by rookie Elias by .002 seconds which cost him 5 points, he was also beaten in Great Britain by Pedrosa costing him another 5 points, and he fell in the last race. Had Rossi won either of those 2 races, or managed to stay on his wheels at Valencia, he, not Hayden, would have been world Champion. But championships are determined by points no matter who breaks down, who falls down and who gets knocked down, and all those things happen to all riders at one time or another. All those things befall a racer. In 2006 it just worked out that Hayden's luck, (even if he did get knocked down), was better than Rossi's luck, and therefore in 2006 Hayden won the Championship that year and not Rossi.
Here these 3 images covering 2 seconds on the track. Hayden high on track, leading Pedrosa slightly lower on track, yellow rider low on track (I think it was Roberts Jr, can't remember)



Pedrosa goes to cut inside Hayden but loses front end and starts to go down

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Hayden%20Pedrosa%202_zpsztverwii.jpg.html]

Pedrosa is completely horizontal on the ground and has not yet slid into Hayden

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/hayden%20Pedrosa%203_zps6h230esp.jpg.html]

Does this look like a move that warrants 10 years of hatred of the guy? If it had been anyone but Hayden NO ONE (particularly Americans) would have even cared. Just another racing incident on a GP motorcycle track.

.
 
<snip>
Does this look like a move that warrants 10 years of hatred of the guy? If it had been anyone but Hayden NO ONE would have even cared. just another racing incident on a GP motorcycle track.

Yep..

I had the crash wrong.. Dani was on the inside not the outside,
My bad...

The circumstances around that crash should freaking haunt him till he retires.. To me it was THE defining moment to his career.

In any premiere league there is always a primary and secondary team member.. They say they are supposed to race, but periodically one rider/diver will get the word not to mess with the other. You can race, but don't risk damage or going off course.. Especially if the other driver/rider is in the points..

The only time drivers/rider ignore this is when egos get in the way.. In F1 Vettle ignored orders a few times to not risk the car.. He got away with it as at the time he was a 3-4 time consecutive world champion depending when he did it.. Plus he didn't wreck..

Whether or not Dani was pushing too hard and washed out the front that way or had a brain fart. He knows better or should to not risk a team mate. He was what a 125 and two times in a row 250 champion..

After the crash. There were a number of vids that surfaced where Dani (admittedly they were translated and were before he got his GP ride) is shown saying that he thought that to make it in GP that you should come up thru the ranks is the lower classes first before making to the big time.. It's a common theme in gp and f1 where Europeans don't think Americans measure up to the same level..

I'll be the first to say that in that year. Hayden got lucky..while he didn't win a lot, he fished consistently high enough to win. As you said, it's about points. If Rossi hadn't of broken a few time earlier, or fell off on the last race. It could have been quite different.. That said, the last person you should be expecting to take you out, is your freaking teammate..

I get that Dani was young and has gotten better about shooting off his mouth. He's since had his chance.. I know that he's pretty much finished in the top 3 in points for pretty much his career (tho I think he's dropped a few in the last 3 years)and has finished 2nd at least twice.. One of which I remember him being on a tear win after win, but then crashed a bunch.. He's a good rider, but like Biaggi he can't hold it together enough To win..

I root against Dani like I root against the Yankees.. Doesn't matter who wins, as long as they don't.. Dani never fails to disappoint.. The Yankees however... well often annoy me

/rant off
 
"That said, the last person you should be expecting to take you out, is your freaking teammate.."

IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

Guess I have just never had it in me to hate someone for something they didn't mean to do (especially for 10 years) and especially on a race track competing for a World Championship. Guess you hate Marquez cause he took out Pedrosa and causing him to break his collarbone (team mates btw), or Iannone cause he took out Dovisioso (team mates btw) or Simoncelli cause he took out everybody team mate or not? It happens. I would venture to guess at one time every rider has accidentally taken out someone else. There are reckless and dangerous take outs like Simoncelli used to pull, and there are accidental take outs like the Pedrosa/Hayden one..

and again, the crash had no bearing on the outcome of the season. Whether Hayden would have won it in the next to the last race, or won it in the last race, he still won it.

Ok done talking about this.

and why would you so vehemently hate the Yankees? ..on second thought, never mind. Doesn't matter. Lol
 
Don't have a heart attack....

Ok, Hayden won, but at the time it wasn't a forgone conclusion at the time. I was po'd. What can I say, I'm loyal to who I root for...thankfully it turned out ok..

Ok, maybe I was in conflict when Marquez took out Dani.. Again don't take out you team mate, but since it was Dani.....I also wasn't rooting for Marquez at the time.. But I will admit that I might have said "karma's a beotch" when Dani went down.. I felt bad when he was hurt, ala collarbone, tho... I don't like seeing anyone hurt, but it happens..

But, I'll let it drop...

We can talk about something less controversial..

So what do do think about Hillary Clinton being the next president...
 
Lol I'm not going to have a heart attack. Relax, I'm sitting here smiling, it's all good. I do find it interesting what makes people tick and respond to different things. I don't always understand, but I try to.

Yea, we are NOT getting into politics here. At least MotoGP is motorcycle related lol
 
Wow, I better go back to the ZX-10R forum where folks are calm about things...

That crud that happens on the racetrack is far beyond the ken of folks who have not spent a lot of time on the track themselves. A lot of money is at stake. Riders become very fatigued toward the end of an event. Tires overheat. Even a slight mistake at those speeds and lean angles can have disastrous results. No one wants to crash, and everyone wants to win.

And once again, there are no team mates. All those great images of camaraderie are per the contract and per MotoGP/FIM requirements. Once those guys get out on the track they are all going for the win.
 
Eh, better yet, head over to the klr forum... Those guys are nutz.

I've spent a lot time around the track, dad raced cars, I've done cars and bikes (club level).. I get that $ is involved and getting caught up while out on the track..

Slight OT..I used to do track days on a Ktm supermoto vs sportbikes on the smaller tracks.. I got into with a cbr600rr once who I guess got po'd at me. He'd own me on the short straights, but I'd reel him in the turns. Rinse/repeat. I thought it was great fun, right up til it wasn't. The guy delbrately started blocking my lines into the tuns coming off a straight and continued to get more and more aggressive about it as I kept getting by him in the turns. At some point I'm coming outta a turn and I'm showing him a wheel on the inside earlier than usual, as I'm now pushing hard. However, just as we both come outta the turn he's got a slower rider in his line. I had a inkling that frozen cashews (numb nuts) here might be too caught up to back off, so I do.. He doesn't realize I've backed off, tries to squeak by the slower rider on the outside, hits the edge of the track and wipes out. The added bonus was since I slowed up, his bike spun back on to the track right at me and I barely got by... Shudder... The fun part was that after the fact that frozen cashews blamed me.. That if he wasnt trying so hard to by a "dirt bike" he wouldn't have wrecked.... Riiiiiight, it was all my fault.. NOT..

Some folks are never gonna own up to their own mistakes ..
 
Back
Top