PCV or Bazzaz

NHCB_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
It seems that most of you on here a using the PCV. I talked to the local guy that dyno tunes bikes and he said he likes the Bazzaz over the PCV because it has thicker wires. He said he has had a lot of problems over the years with the wires breaking or coming loose on Power Commanders and not much with the Bazzaz. Granted most of the problems he said are on the those shaky v-twins (I wont mention the name because we know what that stirs up) and this bike is much smoother.
So just wondering what the opions of my fellow CB owners are. Pro's and con's of either or are they both the same other than the wires.
 
NHCB, have you read the posts on having the ECU flashed?
A few of our members had a guy in Lancaster, PA flash theirs, which can include the gas ratio improvement, also takes the speed limiter off.
He will fine tune your bike on a Dyno and program into the ECU, but no one has taken the time to drop the CB off for him to work on.....New Hampshire is not too far away :-)
 
Somebody has got to get a bike into him so it can be put on the dyno. It is a long trip for me or I would have done it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I'd like to know the results of that. But im not sure I want to tamper with the stock ecu. Hopefully someone here knows the difference between the two others. Or if flashing the stock is the better way then I guess i would consider it.
 
NHCB_imp said:
I'd like to know the results of that. But im not sure I want to tamper with the stock ecu. Hopefully someone here knows the difference between the two others. Or if flashing the stock is the better way then I guess i would consider it.
I wouldn't (can't) comment on PCV versus Bazzaz but there is extensive posting on the forum regarding flashing and re-flashing of the ECU. Do a search or PM Ridem32 (Michael). He is the "leader of the pack" for flashing ECUs.

There are a lot of PCV users on this forum so you will probably get a response if wiring is, or has been, a problem.

Cheers
 
I really want to send my ecu in after I get my bike back. I just wish one of you guys a bit closer than I am would take one in and have it dynoed already. :P
 
I really should, but just bought a new K&H seat...and Dainese pants this week....maybe when it gets cold I'll let him have it all winter!
 
I received a PM from a member last week regarding my flash. He's about 1 1/2 hrs from Lancaster PA and seems very serious about going to get it done. He just has a slip-on. Maybe he will post here soon. I would hold off on any piggybacks, money is better spent (375.00) flashing your ECU.

I have 3000 miles on my flash without any issues. I have a stock PC5 map installed into my ECU, running a full Yoshi, pair mod and have perfect 13.2 A/F ratio.
 
CIP57_imp said:
I received a PM from a member last week regarding my flash. He's about 1 1/2 hrs from Lancaster PA and seems very serious about going to get it done. He just has a slip-on. Maybe he will post here soon. I would hold off on any piggybacks, money is better spent (375.00) flashing your ECU.

I have 3000 miles on my flash without any issues. I have a stock PC5 map installed into my ECU, running a full Yoshi, pair mod and have perfect 13.2 A/F ratio.
CIP57, are you still using the PC5 or just have the ECU re-flash with the map installed? That may be a dumb question...but they say the only dumb question is the one not asked. Ridem32 indicated that I would not need the PC5 if I get the ECU re-flash. I just want to back that up.
 
I believe when CIP57 had his ECU flashed, they incorporated the PCV fuel adjustments into it, so no need for PCV afterwards.
Ridem32 did not have fuel adjustments made to his ECU flash, I believe he had them remove speed limiter, had RPM raised some and timing advance on lower gears to match high gears.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
I believe when CIP57 had his ECU flashed, they incorporated the PCV fuel adjustments into it, so no need for PCV afterwards.
Ridem32 did not have fuel adjustments made to his ECU flash, I believe he had them remove speed limiter, had RPM raised some and timing advance on lower gears to match high gears.
I thought that was the case. Looking forward to re-flash and pipe/air filter. :thanks:
 
Hiker is correct. There is no need for a PC5 unless your bike is not present and you would like it to be fine tuned, which i don't think is necessary. The ECU compensates well.

Per my conversation with Don after the flash there would be minimal gains in the timing advance and I was i bit rich on top, not enough for me to make the trip since it was running spot on with no dead spots.

When your bike is flashed you will eliminate the top speed limiter as well as timing retard in the lower gears. You will notice minimal gains unless you run a full unrestricted exhaust, that will open the bike up to more noticeable gains. Hope this is helpful.
 
CIP57_imp said:
Hiker is correct. There is no need for a PC5 unless your bike is not present and you would like it to be fine tuned, which i don't think is necessary. The ECU compensates well.

Per my conversation with Don after the flash there would be minimal gains in the timing advance and I was i bit rich on top, not enough for me to make the trip since it was running spot on with no dead spots.

When your bike is flashed you will eliminate the top speed limiter as well as timing retard in the lower gears. You will notice minimal gains unless you run a full unrestricted exhaust, that will open the bike up to more noticeable gains. Hope this is helpful.
It is helpful and I will be contacting Don soon. I was going to install full Yoshi and K&N while the ECU is with Don. You and Ridem32 set me on this path and I look forward to completing the mods. Thanks.
 
NHCB' pid='56254' dateline='1408831615 said:
So who is Don? I can just send him my ECU? Contact info for him?
[/quote

Look online for Guhl Motors. Don's contact info is in a few places on this forum. You could also search the forum for ECU threads and his info will pop up. I've heard nothing but good things about the results. He doesn't drill or physically compromise the ECU.

Someone will probably post his info right here in this thread.
 
Back
Top