passing away of a treasured friend

physics-teacher_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
July 23 physics -teacher was in a tragic motorcycle accident on his harley sportster and is now in heaven with his Maker. Family is very saddened as i know you will be too.
 
Who is posting this?

I'm confused physics-teacher our forum member?

If it is Physics-teacher our forum member who passed, I am truly shocked and saddened by this news. Nice guy and a heck of a rider. Met and rode with him at the Ark rally.

Rip P-T. Hope you get a great view of the eclipse from up there.

Physics-teacher is on the far right in this pic

b5868ac5403640f9ef657816738fd63a.jpg


4baa19d194f89036f102f903b17a61d9.jpg


019882414469100988111ca5d33cb50b.jpg
 
So sad to hear thing like this. My thoughts go out to his family.
 
_________________________
You know, he designed all the routes for the Arkansas Rally. He set up at least 10 different ones and I had to edit them down to the 6 or so that we wound up with. InHouseBob did all the layout work of the cards we gave everyone and I had them printed, but Rick did the heavy lifting and wrote fairly detailed notes about various points of interest, road quality, and road condition. We corresponded for several months prior to the rally on a regular basis. I was given a lot of credit for organizing the event, but no one had more time and effort invested in the Arkansas Rally than he did.

My local riding group is heading back to Eureka Springs in September. I had planned on trying to meet with him and Crutch (also from Arkansas) when we were down there. I think I'll take a solo trip on the route he called "Racetrack Loop" when I'm down there.
 
Thread starter
physics-teacher_imp said:
July 23 physics -teacher was in a tragic motorcycle accident on his harley sportster and is now in heaven with his Maker. Family is very saddened as i know you will be too.
To clarify, this is posthumously posted by his wife, the Funeral Service is Friday, July 28 10:00 AM, First Southern Baptist Church, 12 W Central Avenue, Central City, AR 72941
 
Thank you for posting, Judy (Rick gave me your name when he registered for the rally). I very much enjoyed getting to know him, first via email and then in person. Peace to you and your family.
 
Judy, I'm so sorry for your loss. How terribly sad. I never met Rick but it's clear he touched a lot of fellow riding enthusiasts on this forum.
 
Thread starter
this is Rick's wife talking. He was awake and alert for a couple hours but had a very severe injury that took his life quickly. He went in one of the ways he said a real man should die...riding his cycle. He was an amazing man. thanks for your comments.
 
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I met and rode with Rick at the Arkansas rally.

He was very passionate about motorcycling and science.

He will be missed!
 
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Please know that I'm also very grateful that you took the time and made the effort to let all of us know what happened. I'm under the impression that this amazing man was fortunate to be married to an amazing woman. I hope that you'll also realize there will be countless others who too will have your husband in their thoughts and prayers even if they do not speak up.

...Bill

physics-teacher_imp said:
this is Rick's wife talking. He was awake and alert for a couple hours but had a very severe injury that took his life quickly. He went in one of the ways he said a real man should die...riding his cycle. He was an amazing man. thanks for your comments.
 
Dear Judy,

I didn't know physics-teacher personally, but he was a valued member of our little community. His loss is a terrible thing for you, your family and his friends both real and virtual. He will be missed.

Please accept my condolences.

George

Obituary
 
Judy, please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your husband of 47 years.

I will miss his participation and presence on this forum.

Mark
 
Back
Top