Parts from Samurider arrived!

Flynrider_imp said:
Finally got to the post office today. Everything arrived in perfect condition. Elipten was right, this is just like ordering from Amazon. Fast service and package tracking all the way.

41e079720f3c63926e409ce6202b1aec.jpg


I got :

Plot Fork Brace
Plot Chain Guard
Over Racing Engine Guards
Force Design Red Side Covers with upper Silver/Black stripe and gold emblems.

If all goes well this weekend they'll be installed and I'll post some pics.
Excellent farkles!! The side covers look fantastic. I can't wait to see your bike after the install. Shouldn't take long.

The Plot chain cover doesn't use one of the bolts that holds the OEM plastic chain guard. But it doesn't need the extra support.

Make sure to drop the fork brace straight down to avoid binding. Very tight fit.

Good luck. Looking forward to lots of pictures.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Ridem32_imp said:
If I want my air box covers red I will have them painted with my headlight bucket. Just wondering if the air box covers would be to much red!!
Michael
LOL. I went the other way. Matte black side covers that perfectly match the airbox covers and I like the way they blend with the cylinders, seat, frame, etc.



LOL. I went the other way. Matte black side covers that perfectly match the airbox covers and I like the way they blend with the cylinders, seat, frame, etc.

[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2014-4-30077_zps6544cab3.jpg.html]
Those black side covers look terrific. it really changes the look of the bike...
Much better than the silver... Good job!! :thumbsup:
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Very nice. I want the chain guard. Does he have more than one brand of chrome chain guards ? How much was chain guard in USA dollars? When I orderd a week ago he was out of chrome chain guards till the end of may.
Michael
As I recall, the Plot was the only chrome chain guard Samurider was selling. I must've got the last one! It was 12,000 yen, which works out to $117 at today's exchange rate.
 
I'd ask Takashi about the chrome chain guards. I've seen another version but can't think of the manufaturer. Those guards were more angular. Instead on the rear curving down at the rear, they extended out in a sharp triangular shape. They looked sharp. Had I not already purchased the Plot guards, I would have got the other one instead. I bet Mr. T knowns.
 
Thread starter
Hijacking aside, thanks, guys! LOL
I've gotten almost everything installed now: the side covers, Moriwaki frame sliders, adjustable levers, Grip Puppies, and the Crampbuster.
Just have the SuperBrace left! And...I'm thinking that there may be a new seat in my future... :)

Oops - UPS just arrived with the new NC Street Shield EX! Good timing. Looks like I'll have more to do today than I thought!
 
Thread starter
LOL I promise this'll be the last one for a while. Please feel free to pick up where I'm leaving off!
As for the new item...it's a secret... :D

In the meantime, you shamed me into taking a few cell pics. Still haven't got the SuperBrace on, but everything else is installed -

I'm usually not a big fan of aftermarket fairings, but I think this bike's going to see more long distance rides than I normally do, and I wanted a little "protection". Got the NC Street Shield EX with the quick-release set-up, so I can whip it on or off as needed. Not a bad looking unit especially for its size. I like the dark gradient tint at the bottom, too:


[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/028_zpsdaaf995d.jpg.html]

[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/023_zps95985fac.jpg.html]

[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/031_zps5e1c7bea.jpg.html]

Moriwaki frame sliders:
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/024_zpsb07bfe41.jpg.html]

This one may upset the purists, ;) but I just have to have adjustable levers. I put them on all my bikes, they really seem to make a huge difference in "feel" to me. Bad pic, but also showing the Grip Puppies and Crampbuster here:
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/025_zps4b91c494.jpg.html]
 
Looks great! Everything looks clean & neat. But I got a surprize coming Friday I hope! It's just a lil farkle that no one else has yet!! Also hope to have my ECM back by weekend but not sure.
Michael
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Looks great! Everything looks clean & neat. But I got a surprize coming Friday I hope! It's just a lil farkle that no one else has yet!! Also hope to have my ECM back by weekend but not sure.
Michael
Michael - I thought the folks here got everything there is to git for a CB. I'll be looking for your post and pictures.

If the ECM comes in this weekend, what will have been the downtime on your bike?

Papa - your bike is looking good. Black is much better looking that silver when it comes to side panels.

Let us know if you experience any wind noise with the fairing.
 
One of the good things about the US models—2013 and 2014—is that Honda put decent CB1100 badges on the side panels. My 2011 Australian model has an inadequate decal on the grey panel. Not nearly as nice.

 
cormanus,

You can order the badges---http://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a/hon/511a8dd9f870022e4ccd326b/mark-stripe
 
CB4Me: I took my ECM off Tuesday night after 9pm. Mailed it over nite the next day. So if I get it back Friday the down time would be 2 1/2 days if it comes Friday 3 1/2 days. I will let you know! Did you see my side cover emblems? There from a 1970 cb750 looks pretty good. My other surprize should look good also and put me in first place as far as farkles :) lol
Michael
 
Thread starter
Ridem32 and CB4ME - thanks for the kind words.
Lovin' this bike, and really glad I found this site, especially for all the aftermarket/farkle info. Great seeing everybody's "personalizations", too, allowing me to pick and choose the pieces I like. "Carry on, boys!" :D
 
Papa Weely (cute play on words BTW) just love your signature line

Ham & Eggs: A day's work for a chicken, a life-altering experience for a pig.

Cracks me up!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Papa Weely (cute play on words BTW) just love your signature line

Ham & Eggs: A day's work for a chicken, a life-altering experience for a pig.

Cracks me up!
Ha! Thanks - just my own little contribution to the collective levity! :D
I've got to get my avatar loaded here, too, which helps folks get the play on words. It's always surprising how many people don't get that username!
 
Back
Top