part #

Volchkoff_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Dear friends,

Our local dealer (shame on their heads :@) can't find part # of plug. Photo of the plug is below. May be someone can help me with this info?
 
Honda, like other manufacturers, purchases these from outside vendors. There's a VERY good chance you will not be able to buy just the plug. It probably is included in a harness.
But, try K&L Supply in California. They only sell aftermarket parts through dealers & have an extension assortment of electrical connectors. They probably sell them in 10 packs.
 
I cannot find that post that said they are Hitachi connectors. And I have looked. Wish I had saved it for reference.

So I searched on the internet for CB 1100 connectors and motorcycle-superstore has a kit of Deutsch connectors for our bike. Of course the kit is BIG bucks. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/12038483/d/2013-honda-cb1100-connectors-plugs I'm going to have to do some more research and try to find out just what we have.

If they are Deutsch and someone wants to mess with pinning or de-pinning them, Deutsch has videos on their site showing how. Having said that, the couple of connectors on the bike that I have messed with are extremely easy to do.
 
Volchkoff_imp said:
Dear friends,

Our local dealer (shame on their heads :@) can't find part # of plug. Photo of the plug is below. May be someone can help me with this info?
Good Honda Marine servicing dealers carry Honda's electrical plug and connector repair assortment kits to repair or replace corroded harness parts used on Honda Marine engines(outboards)in fresh and salt water conditions.
Honda auto service dealers also carry harness repair kit parts.
you will probably have to ask their top tech or service manager at either dealer. they will also have a listing of available electrical service parts by photo.
Paul
 
Paul,

Thanks for that! I'm going to stop in at my dealer and see what the Service Manager and head mechanic says. He has 40 or so years with Honda so he might be able to help.
 
Cormanus,

I know I read it on here, and there was a link to a site that sold Hitachi connectors. Oh well. If they are Deutsch connectors they should be pretty easy to find. Even some modern outboards use them and maybe even Honda outboards, like Paul mentioned. I think they are used a lot in the auto industry as well.

I wonder if maybe I read it on the UK site before this one came on-line. And maybe the guy was wrong. I haven't been there in a while. Guess I'll have to search it.
 
Hadn't thought about the UK site. Definitely can't find it here unless 'Hitachi' was misspelled in the original post.

In any event, it's almost as easy to cut it off and replace it with some other form of plug.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I cannot find that post that said they are Hitachi connectors. And I have looked. Wish I had saved it for reference.

So I searched on the internet for CB 1100 connectors and motorcycle-superstore has a kit of Deutsch connectors for our bike. Of course the kit is BIG bucks. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/12038483/d/2013-honda-cb1100-connectors-plugs I'm going to have to do some more research and try to find out just what we have.

If they are Deutsch and someone wants to mess with pinning or de-pinning them, Deutsch has videos on their site showing how. Having said that, the couple of connectors on the bike that I have messed with are extremely easy to do.
They answered that they have no this kind of plugs. Ask Honda dealer.
 
Yeah. Those are quite common on Japanese cars (though I couldn't find an actual part number on Google). If you don't mind cutting the wire you could buy a male and female set of GM weather pack connectors and just use those to replace what is there. Those can be found at any autoparts store.
 
Back
Top