Packing for the rally

I want to know where he hides his tuxedo for the formal dinner!
 
Wise man our Moderator-in-Chief!
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
I see that he packed the blue pills, just in case a sausage sizzle breaks out. ;)
LOL blood pressure pills so I don't stroke out on you guys,cholesterol pills so I can eat my cheeseburger and fries and Naproxen Sodium (Ibuprohin) to keep the aches and pains at bay from a day in the saddle.
 
Thread starter
Ron, so many bike trips, at least 3 a year, keep my packing skills sharp lol. Zip lock bags are labeled for what goes in them and stored in drawer in my motorcycle room. So grab the bags, grab the gear and match them up. clothes are rolled tight and then air pressed out before zipping bag. All the clothes worn under the motorcycle gear are washable in a hotel sink or shower and dry over night. 3 outfits (pack 2 wear 1) will last as many days as you want to stay out, including the socks. 1 outfit for going out to dinner (ultra light weight pants which also have zip off legs to become shorts and a collard shirt) 1 thin cabelas windstopper shirt for if it's chilly to go under motorcycle jacket or worn as over jacket going out to dinner, 1 buff or balaclava, 1 pair of mocs with rubber bottoms for wearing around hotel or going out to dinner, 1 thin belt, 1 spare pair of water proof (ha..really?) riding gloves. First aid kit, collapsable water bottle, tea cup, spoon, tea bags, sugar and heating element for having tea in my room, journal with pen, camera,mini tripod, small spray bottle and microfiber cloth for faceshield, gum, mints, eye glass repair kit, spare glasses, flashlight, ear plugs, energy bars, hand sanitizer, flat tire kit with compressor, maps, medicines and toiletries incl my own bar of soap, cell phone, ipad, chargers for everything, and here's an item I carry that really comes in handy a 3 way plug for electric, so all my stuff gets charged in one place instead of 3 places in the room.... and of course my rain gear. Think that's about it. On the ST I can carry a little more (unless my wife is going on the trip too, then I have to cut my "1/2" down some so she can have more room.lol

another benefit of the marked bags system, as you take something out of a bag, it gets stacked on the dresser. When you go to pack up to leave if you have a bag with nothing in it, you know what it is that's missing and you need to find it. Nothing gets left behind.
 
Ferret, I'm now greatful I'm trailering now.. I used to pack the same way with my ktm990, but it had 3 hard bags with a bunch of space... I only have a tank bag and an integrated tail pack now for the cb1100.. No way could I get everything I want without loading the CB down... Cheers
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ron, so many bike trips, at least 3 a year, keep my packing skills sharp lol. Zip lock bags are labeled for what goes in them and stored in drawer in my motorcycle room. So grab the bags, grab the gear and match them up. clothes are rolled tight and then air pressed out before zipping bag. All the clothes worn under the motorcycle gear are washable in a hotel sink or shower and dry over night. 3 outfits (pack 2 wear 1) will last as many days as you want to stay out, including the socks. 1 outfit for going out to dinner (ultra light weight pants which also have zip off legs to become shorts and a collard shirt) 1 thin cabelas windstopper shirt for if it's chilly to go under motorcycle jacket or worn as over jacket going out to dinner, 1 buff or balaclava, 1 pair of mocs with rubber bottoms for wearing around hotel or going out to dinner, 1 thin belt, 1 spare pair of water proof (ha..really?) riding gloves. First aid kit, collapsable water bottle, tea cup, spoon, tea bags, sugar and heating element for having tea in my room, journal with pen, camera,mini tripod, small spray bottle and microfiber cloth for faceshield, gum, mints, eye glass repair kit, spare glasses, flashlight, ear plugs, energy bars, hand sanitizer, flat tire kit with compressor, maps, medicines and toiletries incl my own bar of soap, cell phone, ipad, chargers for everything, and here's an item I carry that really comes in handy a 3 way plug for electric, so all my stuff gets charged in one place instead of 3 places in the room.... and of course my rain gear. Think that's about it. On the ST I can carry a little more (unless my wife is going on the trip too, then I have to cut my "1/2" down some so she can have more room.lol

another benefit of the marked bags system, as you take something out of a bag, it gets stacked on the dresser. When you go to pack up to leave if you have a bag with nothing in it, you know what it is that's missing and you need to find it. Nothing gets left behind.
Forgive the digression, but, while they can be a bit of a pain to put on, but I cannot speak highly enough of these Rain Off Overgloves for those occasions when it's belting down and you have to ride in it.
 
Thread starter
I have those too Cormanus actually in the pockets of my Frogg Toggs. On a drizzle the Tourmaster waterprrof gloves I have will keep the rain at bay for awhile as will my Tourmaster riding jacket and pants. However for an all day toad strangler you'd better put on the rain gear and over mitts.
 
When I was a lot younger I had a nice pair of fur-lined leather riding gauntlets. Each one had a little pocket which held the waterproof over glove. They were really neat and I wish I still had them.
 
Thread starter
Ready to go.... Specialist 8 will be here this afternoon from Chi town. Tomorrow morning we collect Verdeken from No. Ky (sure will miss having Empty Sea not in the group, but I understand!), and then 7 a.m. we are off and hopefully by 2 pm tomorrow we will be in rally mode.

 
Thanks for the packing list. It will be a good starting point as I build mine.
 
Thread starter
really? What do you call it?
 
Back
Top