Owner's manual available?

ClassicVW_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Bought my bike used from a dealer and there's no manual under the seat, and the dealer wouldn't bother looking around if was somewhere at the dealership.

Are there any scans available of a 2013 owner's manual?
I see nothing on a google search.

I asked today at the Honda dealer I went to for other supplies, and they had nothing listed. "Maybe in another year" is what the parts counter guy said. Jeez, in a year I hope I won't NEED the manual.
 
I havent seen anything for 2014s yet, but there isnt much different. Rear axle torque, and size of wrenches to adjust it. Oil capacity, drain plug torque, tire pressures would all be the same.


Anything in particular you need info on?
 
The ferret_imp said:
I havent seen anything for 2014s yet, but there isnt much different. Rear axle torque, and size of wrenches to adjust it. Oil capacity, drain plug torque, tire pressures would all be the same.


Anything in particular you need info on?
No particular emergency at the moment. I just like to keep the hardcopy under the seat for road emergencies and an e-copy on my computer at home and at work for reference purposes.

Thanks
 
Thread starter
OK the only thing I've found online so far is the Austrailian manual with a print date of 2010.

It s at- hondampe.com.au/docs

I tried Helm and they only seem to have the service manual.
 
ClassicVW you shouldn't have to register to download the PDF of the 2010 manual. There is very little difference between 2010, 2011 and 2013 models, although I've seen a couple of features mentioned here, like the ability to switch between miles and kilometres on the odometer and the lack of the HISS in the US.

PM me if you have any trouble downloading it and I'll figure a way to put it somewhere you can get it.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Cormanus. All of a sudden it appeared downloaded on my desktop after I previously was unable tro get it to view or download. I'm checking it out now, and knowing the small differences in the models, it still seems good enough for referencing.
Cormanus, or anyone that has the manual, on page 61, titled "CLIP" it shows a black clip with center pin.
The previous page and the next page seems to have nothing to do with this clip.

I ask this question because this is the exact clip I noticed under my bike after I completed the 600 mile service and also installed Battery Tender pigtails onto my battery terminals. I have no idea where this came from or how it showed up on my floor. Could it be something I dislodged from the battery area? It was tight lifting the battery out.
 
Double checked the Helm site. Looks like they've got your owners manual.


Qty
2013 CB1100/A Owner's Manual
Price: $16.95 In Stock - Reproduction of Original Publication
Pkg Qty: 1
(English, Paper, 31MGC600)
Click here for detail
 
That bloody Clip! It is one of the two fastenings holding the centre compartment in place. You have get it out to get at the battery. See p114. It's been discussed elsewhere. I don't know why Honda didn't use two screws.
 
The clip is a push pin clip. You push the center in to release it, then back the center out some, push the clip back in the hole, and push the pin back down to lock it in. I dont know why Honda put that in there. The screw will hold the tol tray in there just fine, as a matter of fact with the seat on, it couldnt go anywhere if there were NO screws or push pins holding it in.

As far as the battery goes, there should be a strap around it they were supposed to leave on in set up to aid in pulling the battery out and sliding it back in.

$17 for an owners manual? Gads I'm getting old. That's a $2 item to me $5 at most lol
 
Thread starter
LOL! So I never even noticed the clip in there and I just yanked the tray up and out!
Why'd they do it that way? !

Thanks
 
Thread starter
I printed out the AU manual. I set the PDF to print 4 pages on each 8.5x11 sheet of paper and spent about 5 minutes with a photo paper cutter to precisely cut the pages out and then clipped them all together. Fits under the seat fine. Probably not a dollars worth of paper and ink.
Elipten_imp said:
I bought spare owner manuals for my 2013 and 2024 from dealer parts department. Price is shocking!
I was at my Honda dealer today and asked if a manual was available and could it be ordered. He checked two thick parts books and said it's not listed. He said maybe next year it'll be listed!
 
The ferret_imp said:
The clip is a push pin clip. You push the center in to release it, then back the center out some, push the clip back in the hole, and push the pin back down to lock it in. I dont know why Honda put that in there. The screw will hold the tol tray in there just fine, as a matter of fact with the seat on, it couldnt go anywhere if there were NO screws or push pins holding it in.

As far as the battery goes, there should be a strap around it they were supposed to leave on in set up to aid in pulling the battery out and sliding it back in.

$17 for an owners manual? Gads I'm getting old. That's a $2 item to me $5 at most lol
Movie, popcorn, drink, $20. The owner's manual's a bargain now, especially if it keeps you from screwing something up. But I know what you mean - I remember a gallon of gas or a loaf of bread were both 26 cents, back when I made $1.40/hr.
 
Back
Top