OVER RACING DUAL SLIP ON VIDEO on 14DLX

avsbezzy_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hello everybody,

I thought I would share a video taken this week end on private roadway of course.:biker:
The noise is quite louder but not obnoxious and feels very "retro".
Other than that, the quality is impeccable, welds are well made and the fit is perfect...
Added benefit, 11 Lbs less on the scale. -6.5 Lbs on left side and -4.5 on the right side.
The kit comes with all the hardware to install and bumper stop for the center stand.
Bike has been "unlocked" by GUHL motors. Speed limiter out, RPM limiter +1000, Timing changed, Fuel map adapted, PAIR valve mod.

WARNING: after install, I ran the bike around the block and back to the garage...Bad mistake...Some of the insulation inside, will "burn up or cook" after being heated up by exhaust gases...So, there was a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust pipes...Better ride the bike for a good 20 minutes to prevent smoking out your house (garage)...
Next day, I rode it and the bad smell was gone.



All the good stuff you see on the bike has been purchased from SAMURIDER since last April 2014.
 
First DLX I've seen with slip on's. Sound is good.

Why the 2# weight difference between left and right side?

What did your stock left and right pipes weigh?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
First DLX I've seen with slip on's. Sound is good.

Why the 2# weight difference between left and right side?

What did your stock left and right pipes weigh?
The right side is 12 lbs, left side 10lbs.
They are not the same size. Cat on left side is about 6 " longer than the right side one.
The slip ons are about the same weight at 5 and 5.5 lbs. The "mid pipe" is a bit longer on the right to fit shorter cat.
 
Interesting. the single right side pipe on the std has been weighed at 9 3/4 pounds.
 
Thread starter
Rebel73_imp said:
Those sound nice. Look good, too. Any known power gains from just the slip ons?
The combination of ecu flashed and slip ons definitely made a little more power on the whole rpm range. The mid range is strong and down low, it is like butter.
The engine runs quite cooler too.
 
Thread starter
ela9234_imp said:
Thats a nice sound, do you feel anything different without the speed-limiter???
Yes, passed 110 mph. She keeps going...otherwise it's the same bike.
Pulls hard all he way from 1200 to 9500...
Smooth at all rpm's.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
Is it really safe to exceed the factory redline by 1000rpm ?
I ask because I see an ECU flash in my future, too.
I assume he has a 500RPM bump, the tach reads 9500 but pulling 9000 on a dyno. The extra 500 on top is a nice bump, the bike is still putting out over 80HP there and you pick up additional MPH in the process.

Stock bikes will hit the RPM limiter at 9000 on the tach but are really putting out 8500.

Edit: You do not have to bump the RPM's with the flash, you have the option of leaving it stock.
 
Thread starter
Rebel73_imp said:
Is it really safe to exceed the factory redline by 1000rpm ?
I ask because I see an ECU flash in my future, too.
I wouldn't recommend it but I did try it first and second...Just to make sure it was "unlocked"...
ECU flash to me is great deal. $375 + shipping to Guhl. Includes next day return shipping.
CIP57_imp said:
Rebel73_imp said:
Is it really safe to exceed the factory redline by 1000rpm ?
I ask because I see an ECU flash in my future, too.
I assume he has a 500RPM bump, the tach reads 9500 but pulling 9000 on a dyno. The extra 500 on top is a nice bump, the bike is still putting out over 80HP there and you pick up additional MPH in the process.

Stock bikes will hit the RPM limiter at 9000 on the tach but are really putting out 8500.

Edit: You do not have to bump the RPM's with the flash, you have the option of leaving it stock.
I assume he has a 500RPM bump, the tach reads 9500 but pulling 9000 on a dyno. The extra 500 on top is a nice bump, the bike is still putting out over 80HP there and you pick up additional MPH in the process.

Stock bikes will hit the RPM limiter at 9000 on the tach but are really putting out 8500.

Edit: You do not have to bump the RPM's with the flash, you have the option of leaving it stock.
True but I specifically asked for a +1000...At 9500 on the tach, I didn't hit the limiter yet. It is psychological...I just wanted to see the needle pass the 8500.
My bike was hitting rpm at 8500 on the tach...and pretty hard that is.
My speed limiter was hitting at 108 on the speedo...
holy666diver_imp said:
what gear were you in to get your front end up?
1st gear, it will come up a lot more with a tug on the bars or a bump on the road.

Would that be the first CB with a documented wheelie??:beerchug::biker::banana:

I sent the link to Takashi and he said he had never seen a cb with the front wheel up...LOL. He found it was funny.
 
avsbezzy_imp said:
Rebel73_imp said:
Is it really safe to exceed the factory redline by 1000rpm ?
I ask because I see an ECU flash in my future, too.
I wouldn't recommend it but I did try it first and second...Just to make sure it was "unlocked"...
ECU flash to me is great deal. $375 + shipping to Guhl. Includes next day return shipping.
CIP57_imp said:
Rebel73_imp said:
Is it really safe to exceed the factory redline by 1000rpm ?
I ask because I see an ECU flash in my future, too.
I assume he has a 500RPM bump, the tach reads 9500 but pulling 9000 on a dyno. The extra 500 on top is a nice bump, the bike is still putting out over 80HP there and you pick up additional MPH in the process.

Stock bikes will hit the RPM limiter at 9000 on the tach but are really putting out 8500.

Edit: You do not have to bump the RPM's with the flash, you have the option of leaving it stock.
I assume he has a 500RPM bump, the tach reads 9500 but pulling 9000 on a dyno. The extra 500 on top is a nice bump, the bike is still putting out over 80HP there and you pick up additional MPH in the process.

Stock bikes will hit the RPM limiter at 9000 on the tach but are really putting out 8500.

Edit: You do not have to bump the RPM's with the flash, you have the option of leaving it stock.
True but I specifically asked for a +1000...At 9500 on the tach, I didn't hit the limiter yet. It is psychological...I just wanted to see the needle pass the 8500.
My bike was hitting rpm at 8500 on the tach...and pretty hard that is.
My speed limiter was hitting at 108 on the speedo...
holy666diver_imp said:
what gear were you in to get your front end up?
1st gear, it will come up a lot more with a tug on the bars or a bump on the road.

Would that be the first CB with a documented wheelie??:beerchug::biker::banana:

I sent the link to Takashi and he said he had never seen a cb with the front wheel up...LOL. He found it was funny.
No. First one I was aware of was here, at the 2:15 mark...



The ease with which it torqued up was one of the things that convinced me to buy mine!
 
Thread starter
DGShannon_imp said:
avsbezzy_imp said:
Rebel73_imp said:
Is it really safe to exceed the factory redline by 1000rpm ?
I ask because I see an ECU flash in my future, too.
I wouldn't recommend it but I did try it first and second...Just to make sure it was "unlocked"...
ECU flash to me is great deal. $375 + shipping to Guhl. Includes next day return shipping.
CIP57_imp said:
Rebel73_imp said:
Is it really safe to exceed the factory redline by 1000rpm ?
I ask because I see an ECU flash in my future, too.
I assume he has a 500RPM bump, the tach reads 9500 but pulling 9000 on a dyno. The extra 500 on top is a nice bump, the bike is still putting out over 80HP there and you pick up additional MPH in the process.

Stock bikes will hit the RPM limiter at 9000 on the tach but are really putting out 8500.

Edit: You do not have to bump the RPM's with the flash, you have the option of leaving it stock.
I assume he has a 500RPM bump, the tach reads 9500 but pulling 9000 on a dyno. The extra 500 on top is a nice bump, the bike is still putting out over 80HP there and you pick up additional MPH in the process.

Stock bikes will hit the RPM limiter at 9000 on the tach but are really putting out 8500.

Edit: You do not have to bump the RPM's with the flash, you have the option of leaving it stock.
True but I specifically asked for a +1000...At 9500 on the tach, I didn't hit the limiter yet. It is psychological...I just wanted to see the needle pass the 8500.
My bike was hitting rpm at 8500 on the tach...and pretty hard that is.
My speed limiter was hitting at 108 on the speedo...
holy666diver_imp said:
what gear were you in to get your front end up?
1st gear, it will come up a lot more with a tug on the bars or a bump on the road.

Would that be the first CB with a documented wheelie??:beerchug::biker::banana:

I sent the link to Takashi and he said he had never seen a cb with the front wheel up...LOL. He found it was funny.
No. First one I was aware of was here, at the 2:15 mark...



The ease with which it torqued up was one of the things that convinced me to buy mine!
No. First one I was aware of was here, at the 2:15 mark...



The ease with which it torqued up was one of the things that convinced me to buy mine!
you are right. I had seen it, Also made me want one.
 
Back
Top