Over engine guards for 2014 DLX

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I have the Over st. st. engine guards on my 2013 and wanted them also on my 2014 DLX but the 2013 ones did not fit because of the slightly larger transmission.
I therefor had put the OEM Honda guards on my 2014.
Yesterday I received a set of 2014 Over guards from Mr. T and they are made to fit the 2014DLX,
I like the Over ones better than the ones from Honda : made of stainless steel and they are more substantial and more protective incase of a fall/tip over/ crash.
 
Thread starter
I will post a picture after I installed them on my 2014, hopefully on Saturday.
They look exactly the same as the ones on my 2013 (posted a picture in the past of that one)
The bar on the left is just a tad larger to clear the slightly larger transmission on the 2014 DLX.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I have the Over st. st. engine guards on my 2013 and wanted them also on my 2014 DLX but the 2013 ones did not fit because of the slightly larger transmission.
I therefor had put the OEM Honda guards on my 2014.
Yesterday I received a set of 2014 Over guards from Mr. T and they are made to fit the 2014DLX,
I like the Over ones better than the ones from Honda : made of stainless steel and they are more substantial and more protective incase of a fall/tip over/ crash.
I thought that one of their claims to fame was fitting a 6th gear into the same space, with no external change to engine size.
 
Thread starter
Here is a picture of the Over stainless steel engine guards for the 2014 deluxe model. As you can see, they are more substantial than the Honda OEM ones. easy to put on and takes about 20 minutes. These are available from Mr. T.
 
Those look like they would do the job if called upon to do so. Looks good Houtman.
 
I'm thinking about to install the guards from Fehling at my machine:



But I'm still not sure, if I really wanted this...
 
Just wondering...
Could you use these as "dummy pegs" for long rides? Sometimes the back of my knees get sore when touring and I feel that being able to stretch them forward for a couple of minutes would help.
 
Have a search on the forum. I'm sure there's pictures of highway pegs attached to the engine guards.
 
Thread starter
For just a few minutes the engine guards can be used to rest your feet but for longer rides it is better to install high way pegs.
Without the pegs you have to "concentrate" to keep your feet on the guards .
 
MrTim_imp said:
Just wondering...
Could you use these as "dummy pegs" for long rides? Sometimes the back of my knees get sore when touring and I feel that being able to stretch them forward for a couple of minutes would help.
Wear a pair of roller skates, and you can just stand up and stretch! :thumbsup:
 
daf479921d4df7c93874e589369960be.gif
 
And they're pretty sturdy. A couple of months ago a truck ahead of me clipped one of those temporary signs in a construction zone. It spun around behind the truck and I hit the 1/4" steel plate base at 30 mph on the right engine guard. It just put a minor scratch in the guard. On the plus side, if I hadn't had the guard on there, that steel plate would've likely taken my foot off. The scratch on the guard was right inline with the inside of my foot peg.
 
Wow. Sorry that you had to find out the worth of the case guard like that. Glad that you had it and it took the shot rather than your foot.
 
Back
Top