NightRider_imp
Been there
I don't remember a 50. I remember a 90. Here's a link for those of us who go back that far...you remember, a summer evening with that Honda small bore bike sitting on the concrete porch and you and the neighbor teen sitting around admiring what to you is a great motorcycle...rbike_imp said:Learn your "dots" for your bike's gauge - know how much quantity NOT distance is left. Then from doing your own calcs over the years, know your specific mpg for highway and city driving. Then do a mental reset when you see your light come on as to how far you can go before you need to fill up. On my 13, I have 1.7 Gallons remaining when the last dot comes on and 1.05 gallons when it disappears to reserve. At that point, I can go apx 30 miles around town and 40-45 on the interstate highway.
If I am not on a long trip, I fill up each time I ride and certainly before 1/2 tank as routine to keep condensation from the fuel tank. If nothing else, it provides time to talk to people that are in AWE of the CB.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CL-/3...e361:g:LgoAAOSwstxU6jBf&item=351646770017
:angel: