Our Little Town

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Had a couple errands to run yesterday to the hardware store and the post office. The fall flowers are really starting to bloom and the roadsides are full of Goldenrod, Fox Glove, Daisies and Plume grasses.

3541ab5cb8e0385b4806fc4603a605e5.jpg


6b7f972db3b9d53718ff623482698968.jpg


My first stop at the hardware store. The view across the railroad track shows the old heart of town and it's boarded up store fronts and some lovely homes from another era.

c67e130b9e27cf58ffbb5f7cf9d91b6f.jpg


f66068ff8f7355e0625a68e96809e3c8.jpg


7f039595668910087eae27e2a49cfff4.jpg


One more stop at the post office. Mexican Petunias surround the stop sign where I park.

7ac9de9a673b6c8e1cc89cfff7e2792b.jpg


I take the long way home.
 
Wow, I see your town has suffered the same fate as many of the towns around here, businesses gone, stores boarded up. Shame really.

On another note I would hate to ride down the "road" in the first picture.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Wow, I see your town has suffered the same fate as many of the towns around here, businesses gone, stores boarded up. Shame really.

On another note I would hate to ride down the "road" in the first picture.
That is the road my house is on and the reason I have to trailer out at times. It was in "top" condition on this day LOL.
 
It's always good when you get out with your CB and camera, redbirds. Thanks. The decline of rural towns is a sad thing.
 
Great photos and the decline of business in small towns is very sad. I don't see anything changing either.;
 
Back
Top