Our CB1100 made it to the E-tier category

bioman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I had to laugh a lot while watching this very entertaining video. The guy is a real wizard with words. To my surprise it even features the CB1100, which makes me (and you) <almost> a hipster.


 
Shadetree excelled himself. What a hoot.
 
I would take issue with his statement that they are good practical motorcycles, the CB1100, and the others in this category are definitely not "good practical motorcycles". They might be like are like a fine wine you enjoy, a great piece of art you admire, an experience to ride that you cannot get elsewhere but practical, not a hope. An NC750X is good practical motorcycle.
 
Tev62_imp said:
I would take issue with his statement that they are good practical motorcycles, the CB1100, and the others in this category are definitely not "good practical motorcycles". They might be like are like a fine wine you enjoy, a great piece of art you admire, an experience to ride that you cannot get elsewhere but practical, not a hope. An NC750X is good practical motorcycle.
Absolute agreement on both statements.

CB1100 is a solid machine ideal for fun and joy and look good doing it. It is not that practical at being routinely thrashed around every season, every day.
 
m in sc_imp said:
funny. i bought mine specifically as a practical bike. Guess it depends what you do on it.
So did I, back in 2014. Over the years I very slowly (in some sort of denial) realized limitations in my relationship with the machine.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
I would take issue with his statement that they are good practical motorcycles, the CB1100, and the others in this category are definitely not "good practical motorcycles". They might be like are like a fine wine you enjoy, a great piece of art you admire, an experience to ride that you cannot get elsewhere but practical, not a hope. An NC750X is good practical motorcycle.
Absolute agreement on both statements.

CB1100 is a solid machine ideal for fun and joy and look good doing it. It is not that practical at being routinely thrashed around every season, every day.
huh, I didn't realize that
 
So, I'm a solid hipster with both a CB1100 and an air-cooled Bonneville.

Guess I should just leave the office right now and go buy some moustache wax on the way to an independent, non-Starbucks coffee house. If there are fewer than three people on laptops writing a screenplay inside, I'll keep on moving until I find one that has more.

Between the gentrified sections of Downtown Santa Ana, Old Town Orange, Old Town Tustin, I can ride from one hipster neighborhood to another on my way home from work on either bike and not spend more than a few blocks in a non-hipster neighborhood. And, on my way to the museum on Sunday, I'm excited to check out the grand opening of Bike Shed L.A., which is located in the new downtown Arts District, which is so hipster that they might not even let me in unless I wear my Doc Martins and a plaid shirt.

Yesterday, while sitting at a light on the CB300R, a guy on an Indian FTR pulled up next to me. I gave him the traditional helmet nod, and he swung his head away in disdain. I thought he was putting down my diminutive bike. Now I see that he was just unimpressed with its lack of hipsterness.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
So, I'm a solid hipster with both a CB1100 and an air-cooled Bonneville.

Guess I should just leave the office right now and go buy some moustache wax on the way to an independent, non-Starbucks coffee house. If there are fewer than three people on laptops writing a screenplay inside, I'll keep on moving until I find one that has more.

Between the gentrified sections of Downtown Santa Ana, Old Town Orange, Old Town Tustin, I can ride from one hipster neighborhood to another on my way home from work on either bike and not spend more than a few blocks in a non-hipster neighborhood. And, on my way to the museum on Sunday, I'm excited to check out the grand opening of Bike Shed L.A., which is located in the new downtown Arts District, which is so hipster that they might not even let me in unless I wear my Doc Martins and a plaid shirt.

Yesterday, while sitting at a light on the CB300R, a guy on an Indian FTR pulled up next to me. I gave him the traditional helmet nod, and he swung his head away in disdain. I thought he was putting down my diminutive bike. Now I see that he was just unimpressed with its lack of hipsterness.
:rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
So, I'm a solid hipster with both a CB1100 and an air-cooled Bonneville.

Guess I should just leave the office right now and go buy some moustache wax on the way to an independent, non-Starbucks coffee house. If there are fewer than three people on laptops writing a screenplay inside, I'll keep on moving until I find one that has more.

Between the gentrified sections of Downtown Santa Ana, Old Town Orange, Old Town Tustin, I can ride from one hipster neighborhood to another on my way home from work on either bike and not spend more than a few blocks in a non-hipster neighborhood. And, on my way to the museum on Sunday, I'm excited to check out the grand opening of Bike Shed L.A., which is located in the new downtown Arts District, which is so hipster that they might not even let me in unless I wear my Doc Martins and a plaid shirt.

Yesterday, while sitting at a light on the CB300R, a guy on an Indian FTR pulled up next to me. I gave him the traditional helmet nod, and he swung his head away in disdain. I thought he was putting down my diminutive bike. Now I see that he was just unimpressed with its lack of hipsterness.
:rofl:
:rofl:
I think I reached the apex of hipsterness in mid-2015. Here I am, shopping in a hipster hat store in a very hipster section of Denver. I'm wearing 1980s vintage Ray Bans to finish the ensemble.

At the time, I owned the Bonneville, and a limited-edition R1200R, which was hip enough, but featured vintage coach striping, which put it into front-row parking at the coffee house status.
 
Dude, that’s such a cool look. :rofl:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
So, I'm a solid hipster with both a CB1100 and an air-cooled Bonneville.

Guess I should just leave the office right now and go buy some moustache wax on the way to an independent, non-Starbucks coffee house. If there are fewer than three people on laptops writing a screenplay inside, I'll keep on moving until I find one that has more.

Between the gentrified sections of Downtown Santa Ana, Old Town Orange, Old Town Tustin, I can ride from one hipster neighborhood to another on my way home from work on either bike and not spend more than a few blocks in a non-hipster neighborhood. And, on my way to the museum on Sunday, I'm excited to check out the grand opening of Bike Shed L.A., which is located in the new downtown Arts District, which is so hipster that they might not even let me in unless I wear my Doc Martins and a plaid shirt.

Yesterday, while sitting at a light on the CB300R, a guy on an Indian FTR pulled up next to me. I gave him the traditional helmet nod, and he swung his head away in disdain. I thought he was putting down my diminutive bike. Now I see that he was just unimpressed with its lack of hipsterness.
:rofl:
:rofl:
I think I reached the apex of hipsterness in mid-2015. Here I am, shopping in a hipster hat store in a very hipster section of Denver. I'm wearing 1980s vintage Ray Bans to finish the ensemble.

At the time, I owned the Bonneville, and a limited-edition R1200R, which was hip enough, but featured vintage coach striping, which put it into front-row parking at the coffee house status.
I like "the new downtown Arts District", which was a real working arts (warehouse) district since the '50s. I remember the Cessna 172 nailed to the wall of a hotel in the '80s. But it has recently become a "boutique" arts district, with million dollar lofts 2 blocks from skid row. So much for starving artists.

 
Yeah... I have a friend who had his warehouse rezoned for residential and had to move his business from there. Even if he could keep it the rents went up too high for him anyway. I think his old warehouse is now the "Toy District Lofts".

Lots of funky new murals too.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Yeah... I have a friend who had his warehouse rezoned for residential and had to move his business from there. Even if he could keep it the rents went up too high for him anyway. I think his old warehouse is now the "Toy District Lofts".

Lots of funky new murals too.
Nice Gone. lol - Max Headroom. Man - time passes quickly.
 
Max Headroom was cool!
 
pekingduck_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
So, I'm a solid hipster with both a CB1100 and an air-cooled Bonneville.

Guess I should just leave the office right now and go buy some moustache wax on the way to an independent, non-Starbucks coffee house. If there are fewer than three people on laptops writing a screenplay inside, I'll keep on moving until I find one that has more.

Between the gentrified sections of Downtown Santa Ana, Old Town Orange, Old Town Tustin, I can ride from one hipster neighborhood to another on my way home from work on either bike and not spend more than a few blocks in a non-hipster neighborhood. And, on my way to the museum on Sunday, I'm excited to check out the grand opening of Bike Shed L.A., which is located in the new downtown Arts District, which is so hipster that they might not even let me in unless I wear my Doc Martins and a plaid shirt.

Yesterday, while sitting at a light on the CB300R, a guy on an Indian FTR pulled up next to me. I gave him the traditional helmet nod, and he swung his head away in disdain. I thought he was putting down my diminutive bike. Now I see that he was just unimpressed with its lack of hipsterness.
:rofl:
:rofl:
I think I reached the apex of hipsterness in mid-2015. Here I am, shopping in a hipster hat store in a very hipster section of Denver. I'm wearing 1980s vintage Ray Bans to finish the ensemble.

At the time, I owned the Bonneville, and a limited-edition R1200R, which was hip enough, but featured vintage coach striping, which put it into front-row parking at the coffee house status.
I like "the new downtown Arts District", which was a real working arts (warehouse) district since the '50s. I remember the Cessna 172 nailed to the wall of a hotel in the '80s. But it has recently become a "boutique" arts district, with million dollar lofts 2 blocks from skid row. So much for starving artists.
Interesting social phenomenon. I’m not totally persuaded that many of the residents are artists. More like wannabes or wannabe patrons of the arts. It’s an important requirement that living artists’ work is undervalued so the patrons can buy cheap.

I wouldn’t look for too many artists in the $1m lofts.
 
Back
Top