Oregon to Illinois...got an available couch?

pdedse

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
I'm planning a stretch the '14 standard's legs trip from Oregon to Illinois to visit my 91 year ol' moma and the route will be roughly this below, maybe into N. Dakota / Minn and Wisc on the way there. To save a few dollars and socialize, any fellow CB1100 riders who wouldn't mind a couch surfer for a night? Would much rather meet folks with similar mc interests, discuss local routes than stay multiple nights in hotels on the way to Illinois. Coming back I have family in Springfield, MO; Topeka, Denver. All within a day's drive of each other. After Denver I may head through Yellowstone on the way back to OR. The begin date is the last week in August, around the 27th.

a25d29d613eb06f7796a2fa5dae06c81.png
 
I would suggest bypassing Spokane and taking Lolo pass in Idaho. As long as it is during the day and you can afford an extra hour. Well worth it.
 
If you don't ride thru Badlands National Park in S Dakota you will regret it as well. It's about a 115 mile loop I think but worth it. If you were going thru SW Ohio I'd offer better than a couch, you could have your own bedroom and bathroom, I'd feed you a Cinti delicacy and take you on some awesome curvy roads lol
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
By the time you are done with this thread your trip will be three times as long, lol

Yep, but it will be an awesome trip lol
 
You'd have to square off your route through Illinois to get you to Chicago, but then a couch could be made available here. Not by me, mind you -- I don't trust any of you CB1100 nut jobs -- but specialist8 probably has a spot. ;)

Have a safe trip, my friend, and if you do route yourself close to Chicago, let me know. :D
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
By the time you are done with this thread your trip will be three times as long, lol

Yep, but it will be an awesome trip lol

Yep, but it will be an awesome trip lol That it will be. Have not done a trip like that in many years, used to live for that stuff. Find lines on a map and just go. All my riding now is local but I have plans to change that once again.
EmptySea_imp said:
You'd have to square off your route through Illinois to get you to Chicago, but then a couch could be made available here. Not by me, mind you -- I don't trust any of you CB1100 nut jobs -- but specialist8 probably has a spot. ;)

Have a safe trip, my friend, and if you do route yourself close to Chicago, let me know. :D
Well-said. Elderly, crotchety, and certainly not trustworthy. ;)
 
I agree on making all necessary routing changes to ensure you ride Lolo Pass (Idaho into Montana). It's one of the best roads I've ever ridden.

I have room for you when you swing through Denver. I'm in the foothills about 30 miles west of town, about 5 miles off I-70. PM me when you come through.

Edit: Oops, I see you have family in Denver. You're welcome to stop by anyway.
 
Thread starter
kennyw_imp said:
I would suggest bypassing Spokane and taking Lolo pass in Idaho. As long as it is during the day and you can afford an extra hour. Well worth it.
Thanks! I've only been through Spokane once and am looking for suggestions on the way out and the way back. But an hour extra on a 35 hour route...phhht! I do have some time. My destination is my my mom's house. How I get there is the other one. : )
The ferret_imp said:
If you don't ride thru Badlands National Park in S Dakota you will regret it as well. It's about a 115 mile loop I think but worth it. If you were going thru SW Ohio I'd offer better than a couch, you could have your own bedroom and bathroom, I'd feed you a Cinti delicacy and take you on some awesome curvy roads lol
Very kind! Thanks, Ferret, I'm sure it'd be worth it. I have an old friend who lives in Kentucky and I've thought about stretching the trip his way and you're just north...good grief! I'm just a stone's throw from the east coast at that point. Will have to see about this one.
 
Thread starter
Ulvetanna_imp said:
By the time you are done with this thread your trip will be three times as long, lol
Not that this would be a bad thing, right?

aschem...
I'm in SE Idaho, near Yellowstone and Tetons. Feel free to crash at my house during your trip.

Thanks! I'll check back with you when the time comes nearer.

EmptySea...You'd have to square off your route through Illinois to get you to Chicago, but then a couch could be made available here. Not by me, mind you -- I don't trust any of you CB1100 nut jobs -- but specialist8 probably has a spot.

Everything's possible at this point...but I am one of the trustworthy non-nut jobs here...no, really.

LongRanger...I have room for you when you swing through Denver. I'm in the foothills about 30 miles west of town, about 5 miles off I-70. PM me when you come through

Thanks much! I do have a sister in Denver and will probably stay with her, but she's in and out of town so I may take you up on this. Would be nice to put some faces to names that I see here as well.

I also appreciate the "don't miss this or that comments".
 
If you are headed to Champaign, you'd better bring something to do unless you plan on passing your time there tipping cows and drinking outrageous quantities of beer...

I kid, I kid...
 
Back
Top