My son was competing in a cross country meet this past Saturday so I decided to take the CB1100 for a ride down to Eugene to cheer him on. The quickest way to get there would have been by way of the interstate, but I managed to stay off of I-5 for the most part, making for a less hectic experience. I had a great time at the meet. The ride home was a bit toasty as the temperature made it into the low 90's by the time I got back on the road (it was a lot harder on the kids running that day than it was on me riding my bike).
This wasn't the most scenic of trips, so no wonderful photos to share — just one shot that I took when I stopped for gas. But the CB made for an enjoyable trip just the same (with the exception of hauling along at 75 on I-5 without a windscreen). I totaled 275 miles in all and averaged 54 miles to the gallon. Unlike many here, I have no complaints with the factory seat, in fact I actually find it rather comfy and my experience on this ride was no exception.
This wasn't the most scenic of trips, so no wonderful photos to share — just one shot that I took when I stopped for gas. But the CB made for an enjoyable trip just the same (with the exception of hauling along at 75 on I-5 without a windscreen). I totaled 275 miles in all and averaged 54 miles to the gallon. Unlike many here, I have no complaints with the factory seat, in fact I actually find it rather comfy and my experience on this ride was no exception.

