Oops..

I'm not sure how to view that, LongRanger with you being a man with a foot in both camps and all. :rofl:
 
What's interesting about that is that the wheel only BARELY left the ground before he panicked and looped it. Like he's never opened up a bike like that before and decides to test his mettle for the first time against a proper sportscar. You should at least learn how to get comfortable with chasing out a power whoolie if you're going to try drag racing.
 
Lean forward....dang son.
 
I'm curious... so this video is out there for all to see, including his insurance company.

Let's suppose he has full coverage. Does his insurnace company have the obligation to pay full amount (less deductible) even though he was being reckless--and there is video evidence of this?

I'm pretty sure the insurance company can refuse to insure him in the future. I'm wondering if they use video evidence like this to make their decisions. Or maybe if they do continue to insure, will they use the video to increase his rate by, say 90% instead of the normal 30%?--just throwing out numbers as an example.

I have a good friend who bought a nice Mastercraft boat summer of 2020. He's not a rookie boat owner, he is careful as can be, he grew up with boats and has been piloting ski boats for more than 30 years on the Columbia River. But during that first summer, he had two "legit" accidents--he hit an underwater obstruction (either a submerged log or rock column in a '15 of water area), and on another occasion a 4-5 foot sneaker wave sent a good foot of water over the bow and flooded the engine compartment causing cylinders to seize. One accident caused $18,000 of damage, the next over $22,000 in damages. His insurance denied him future coverage, and he said he must have contacted 7 or 8 insurance agencies this last summer before finding one that would insure him. He nearly had to sell the boat.

If that happened to my friend, I'm kinda hoping this young man has a bit of difficulty getting another mc policy for several years--not trying to be mean-spirited, I just don't want his reckle$$ne$$ (and that of others) to be an insurance cost that is recuperated by increasing insurance for all across the board.
 
My favorite part of that video is the moment his feet hit the ground, he actually runs with the bike a few steps keeping up like he thought he could still save it. He tried at least...poor guy.
 
This video reminds me of the time I first failed a wheelie. I was probably 13-14 and stole my brothers Vespa to run a quick errand. Everyone told me Vespas can't wheelie and I wanted to see if that was true, full throttle in first gear, dropped the clutch and it just went from under me
25112edce212424b9de63a23de8160a4.png
7be17ffb6913239654ade96f873f3ff4.png
715b882081bc4aac750217d0c1f93ad3.png
I remember clinging on to it so I basically whiskey-throttled it even further, it went on its side, I went on my side. Small scratches, no harm done, it was fun though

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
This video reminds me of the time I first failed a wheelie. I was probably 13-14 and stole my brothers Vespa to run a quick errand. Everyone told me Vespas can't wheelie and I wanted to see if that was true, full throttle in first gear, dropped the clutch and it just went from under me
25112edce212424b9de63a23de8160a4.png
7be17ffb6913239654ade96f873f3ff4.png
715b882081bc4aac750217d0c1f93ad3.png
I remember clinging on to it so I basically whiskey-throttled it even further, it went on its side, I went on my side. Small scratches, no harm done, it was fun though

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Vespas don't have transmissions with a first gear and they don't have clutches, either. At lease, my friend's Vespa doesn't.
Another case of more balls than brains, coupled with a lack of skills.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
This video reminds me of the time I first failed a wheelie. I was probably 13-14 and stole my brothers Vespa to run a quick errand. Everyone told me Vespas can't wheelie and I wanted to see if that was true, full throttle in first gear, dropped the clutch and it just went from under me
25112edce212424b9de63a23de8160a4.png
7be17ffb6913239654ade96f873f3ff4.png
715b882081bc4aac750217d0c1f93ad3.png
I remember clinging on to it so I basically whiskey-throttled it even further, it went on its side, I went on my side. Small scratches, no harm done, it was fun though

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Vespas don't have transmissions with a first gear and they don't have clutches, either. At lease, my friend's Vespa doesn't.
Another case of more balls than brains, coupled with a lack of skills.
Vespas don't have transmissions with a first gear and they don't have clutches, either. At lease, my friend's Vespa doesn't.
Another case of more balls than brains, coupled with a lack of skills. Modern Vespas don't, older ones definitely do. Something really weird about them is that the clutch lever is placed conventionally on the left handlebar, however the shift mechanism is also right there on the left handlebar! As the clutch lever is pulled it unlocks the shifter and the whole bar end rotates forward or backward depending on where you are shifting. I'll quickly search for a picture on Google to show you as I don't own a vintage Vespa at this time.
00872fe8a1554ce07f5be215fee342f4.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
This video reminds me of the time I first failed a wheelie. I was probably 13-14 and stole my brothers Vespa to run a quick errand. Everyone told me Vespas can't wheelie and I wanted to see if that was true, full throttle in first gear, dropped the clutch and it just went from under me
25112edce212424b9de63a23de8160a4.png
7be17ffb6913239654ade96f873f3ff4.png
715b882081bc4aac750217d0c1f93ad3.png
I remember clinging on to it so I basically whiskey-throttled it even further, it went on its side, I went on my side. Small scratches, no harm done, it was fun though

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Vespas don't have transmissions with a first gear and they don't have clutches, either. At lease, my friend's Vespa doesn't.
Another case of more balls than brains, coupled with a lack of skills.
Vespas don't have transmissions with a first gear and they don't have clutches, either. At lease, my friend's Vespa doesn't.
Another case of more balls than brains, coupled with a lack of skills. Modern Vespas don't, older ones definitely do. Something really weird about them is that the clutch lever is placed conventionally on the left handlebar, however the shift mechanism is also right there on the left handlebar! As the clutch lever is pulled it unlocks the shifter and the whole bar end rotates forward or backward depending on where you are shifting. I'll quickly search for a picture on Google to show you as I don't own a vintage Vespa at this time.
00872fe8a1554ce07f5be215fee342f4.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Vespas don't have transmissions with a first gear and they don't have clutches, either. At lease, my friend's Vespa doesn't.
Another case of more balls than brains, coupled with a lack of skills. Modern Vespas don't, older ones definitely do. Something really weird about them is that the clutch lever is placed conventionally on the left handlebar, however the shift mechanism is also right there on the left handlebar! As the clutch lever is pulled it unlocks the shifter and the whole bar end rotates forward or backward depending on where you are shifting. I'll quickly search for a picture on Google to show you as I don't own a vintage Vespa at this time.
95366b9408ecf2f458386ec2f1cd7f24.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
My first new motorcycle, a 1965 Aermacchi 50 had that "cascade" shift on the left grip. Pull in lever twist away from you for first, pull in lever twist back toward you for second, repeat for third. ( it was a 3 speed), it's an Italian thing.
 
Back
Top