Ooops I did it again....

KiowaEagle_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
A few of you already know including one miscreant around here that egged me on but I picked up a new bike about a week ago. I actually went to see it and put a deposit on it the day before my trip because it seemed like a pretty good deal. I wasn’t really looking but a friend knew a friend that was thinking of selling and my friend knew I had talked about it before and the next thing you know.....

7b4d2969109aada8bdb2eae9cdac1c9d.jpg

50255139ffb943a07f9abdef11d83253.jpg

326857eec4f8514a7b16b20a596df76d.jpg


It’s a 2006 with 60000 miles and I picked it up for $6500. I figure if I don’t like it I can at least sell it without a loss and maybe even make a few bucks. I’ve been peeling chrome off of it because the previous owner must have been a jeweler but I’ve got it close to where I want it now. It rides great and handles surprisingly well but I’m still getting used to slow speed maneuvering. And I thought my VTX was a beast.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did a mod today that has me liking it much more. It had a heel/toe shifter on it that I hated. It was uncomfortable to use, actually hurt my foot unless I got my toe in the exact right spot. It also made the peg stand out further and a couple of times I felt my toe dragging in a corner.

So I got the parts today from Babbitts and got rid of the heel/toe shifter. Wasn’t all that difficult until I got to the shifter peg rubber. It made rlets look easy. I used some dish soap and with some huffing and puffing a a few choice words it was on.

58acfc95f30790d164e3697e6b7f5352.jpg

b19c4e1eb14bce1cf5c6ae9647899af8.jpg

392233fd10605eb06f9dc7eb469688bb.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
A touring we will go, a touring we will go, high ho the dairy oh, a touring we will go.

You are actually going to love going places on that KE

Congrats
 
Welcome to the “lazy-boy recliner bike club”! I knew you had some old geezer in ya!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
461726111cc084497f34fbb32020c81f.jpg
 
Congratulations KiowaEagle.
 
Wow. I can't imagine riding something that big.

Good thing your driveway looks to have a lot of room to maneuver.

Are those taillights shared with an '06 Accord?
 
Thread starter
mtneers_imp said:
Welcome to the “lazy-boy recliner bike club”! I knew you had some old geezer in ya!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
461726111cc084497f34fbb32020c81f.jpg
You gaining weight Ron? :rofl:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Wow. I can't imagine riding something that big.

Good thing your driveway looks to have a lot of room to maneuver.

Are those taillights shared with an '06 Accord?
They just might be from an accord. But if it keeps people from rear ending me I'm fine with that.

It's a lot more nimble at speed than you would think. I'm still getting used to it but I've got a buddy that rides his like a sport bike. It's heavy (900 lbs, makes getting it on the center stand an adventure) but the weight is low so it has a low center of gravity.
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
She's beauty! Who gets to ride in the throne?
I'm still carrying on auditions :D
 
Congrats. I owned a 2003 goldwing and took a couple of great trips to Crater Lake, Oregon and the Tahoe / sierras and sold it this spring as I just didn’t have time to take trips. You will love the gold wing especially in the faster sweepers sticks to the road like gorilla glue on new Dunlop elite 4 tires


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top