One year.

Randy B

Road warrior
Thread starter
Today marks one year since my hit and run on my motorcycle. I'm still not 100%, but I am a darn sight better than I was that day.
Two broken ribs on the left side, broken left collarbone, 2" diameter and ¼" deep puncture wound to my left ankle and various contusions and scrapes. The only road rash was minor. Both knees got it and my elbows got only a slight touch of it through my jacket sleeves. My gear did it's job as things could have been much worse.
The bike was repaired and fortunately the tank didn't get a scratch.
I was completely laid up for more than two months getting the initial healing out of the way on my ankle and bones. Then in February I had to have surgery to repair a torn labrum in my right hip so that set things back again.
All I want to do it to get back to normal and it just seems to be taking forever.
 
Long road and a tough one Randy. Wishing you the best. Has to be tough with that beautiful one of a kind in the US CB sitting in the garage wanting to go for a ride.

Soon, I hope.
 
Thanks for the update. Progress is progress and is infinitely better than the alternative. Looking forward to seeing a Seat Time report from you soon.
 
Stay strong, Randy. It's a tough journey and you've plenty of moral support from here.

Best wishes.
 
Chin up, stay focused on recovery. The alternative of pushing up daisies is not a good option. I'm pulling for you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Don't worry, you will get better. It'll be 20 years this September since my ordeal; the first year was rough, but got through it. You'll be fine, and like Cormanus said you have a lot of moral support here. My advise is to get back on road, but only when you are comfortable with riding again (both physically and mentally).
 
Things could be worse — at least you have us bunch of knuckleheads to hang out with while you heal. :D

Here's hoping that things only get better for you Randy.
 
Glad to hear that you're progressing, but I know it must still be tough not to be even better after al this time.
It will come :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I'm glad you're still here and that you're recovering. I'm sure it's not happening as quickly as you'd like but the good news is that it's happening. I wish you continued strength and healing with the hope that when you mark the second anniversary of your crash, you'll only have the scars as physical reminders and the rest of you will be fully healed.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys.
 
I hope your back to 100% soon!

I've been doing rehab, nothing like yours, 8 weeks out from total hip replacement surgery...getting better, not 100%. Atrophy is a problem when you don't use a limb, takes time to get that back. I hadn't used that leg for a year, it's smaller than the other one, climbing stairs is a problem yet.

My best friend's daughter was in coma for 10 days, 3 year later to the date yesterday, she is not 100%. Most people wouldn't notice, but she's a different person. Crazy thing, not a single physical injury other than the head injury and she was wearing a helmet.

Like any risky activity, while remaining respectful of others injuries, I just try to block it out, otherwise my riding is over.

Get better soon!
 
Back
Top