One More Euro Lid

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Had to get one more… the Scorpion 391 is basically the Euro version of the 420 in the U.S., which has been one of the comfiest I’ve had. It’s designed for long oval skulls like mine.

And we don’t get anything as safety-funkadelic over here! Just the boring white, black and weird patterns I don’t care for. Plus, no tax charged from Europe which almost washes the shipping cost, making it cheaper than buying a 420 from a U.S. dealer. And I’m digging the click strap fastener compared to the normal D ring.

Gave it a test ride on this morning’s commute. Comfy!
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Had to get one more… the Scorpion 391 is basically the Euro version of the 420 in the U.S., which has been one of the comfiest I’ve had. It’s designed for long oval skulls like mine.

And we don’t get anything as safety-funkadelic over here! Just the boring white, black and weird patterns I don’t care for. Plus, no tax charged from Europe which almost washes the shipping cost, making it cheaper than buying a 420 from a U.S. dealer. And I’m digging the click strap fastener compared to the normal D ring.

Gave it a test ride on this morning’s commute. Comfy!
Man, I like that one. Very smooth and VISIBLE.
 
That’s really sharp! The design is eye-catching without being overly busy. The colors remind me of German police cars.
 
3rd_Gear_Steve_imp said:
That’s really sharp! The design is eye-catching without being overly busy. The colors remind me of German police cars.
Ha-ha - yes!

Or any Euro / Nordic Netflix English subtitled series involving police.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys. I think it looks like a Euro police car too. And more fun than plain white.
Just made my custom JB Weld camera mount for it.
 
3rd_Gear_Steve_imp said:
That’s really sharp! The design is eye-catching without being overly busy. The colors remind me of German police cars.
Yes, I wonder if that helmet would help with lane splitting. :cool:
 
Thread starter
Django_imp said:
3rd_Gear_Steve_imp said:
That’s really sharp! The design is eye-catching without being overly busy. The colors remind me of German police cars.
Yes, I wonder if that helmet would help with lane splitting. :cool:
Yes, I wonder if that helmet would help with lane splitting. :cool:
Lane splitting is one of the reasons I like mainly white or light/bright colored helmets. Having done it for years and thousands of miles, I have spent a lot of time watching what cars do depending on what I'm wearing. When I'm in these types of helmets, I notice cars moving over more frequently and way ahead of when, or if they'll move if I'm in a dark helmet. Makes sense - imagine glancing in the side view mirror of your car, what will catch your eye more easily - a white or bright colored ball, or something dark that blends in to the minutiae of what's in your small field of view.

Definitely not a be-all, end-all safety move... the only time I had an incursion with a car, I was in a white helmet and hi-viz jacket, but I don't wear dark helmets these days.

With a pointy nose, hard to do a chin mount on this one, but I molded one just off to the side and have an angled adapter to point the camera forward just to the right of the chin.
 
Thanks GO. I’m happy with it. Light and comfortable and a greatly improved internal sun visor. Bonus for not being all black like it’s predecessor!
 
Yes, carbon fiber. Weighs 1,430 grams.
 
Hmmm...went to Cycle Gear and a dealership to try on some white helmets, HJC and Shoei...erg...looked at myself in the mirror. Didn't like bright white. Vanity of vanities! I told myself, "so you'd rather die looking 'good' than look ugly and stay alive?", and--to my shame--my self replied, "yep".

But at least I found that the HJC i71 and the [url=https://www.ebay.com/itm/305390443154?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=305390443154&targetid=1645685073768&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9032835&poi=&campaignid=20133407470&mkgroupid=147476396765&rlsatarget=pla-1645685073768&abcId=9312979&merchantid=619812026&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAz8GuBhCxARIsAOpzk8yw_tU8Vxel3HpUDMh07CmHy0nq2xzTVMIw4uI_y0ee6D​y4Z8cfyXQaAk72EALw_wcB]Shoei RF-SR both fit me well in medium.

Maybe something like this [url=https://www.ebay.com/itm/266377048790?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=266377048790&targetid=1645685073528&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9032835&poi=&campaignid=20133407470&mkgroupid=147476396765&rlsatarget=pla-1645685073528&abcId=9312979&merchantid=101722843&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAz8GuBhCxARIsAOpzk8yT3wBWnBLJMPOzSDi6ihZ4cNPY98ZEsYMSxwGVgPTqCV​Ank6Ef9hcaAnu_EALw_wcB]orange, white w/ hint of light blue HJC i71?

Would love to see what it looks like in person.
 
Back
Top