On the road again ..... first ride in awhile

Nortoon_imp said:
Although I am 6' 2" tall, at my age I always place my bike on the center stand so I can mount it easily. With the bike on a the side stand I also use the foot peg to dismount without kicking the top box.
Kicking the top box is one of my all time old habits, especially when wearing tall boots. Low cuts riding boots don't seem to be an issue.
 
Thread starter
lol mounting up seems to be an issue whether you are tall or short it seems.

Only rode 70 miles today with a break at the 40 mile mark. Can't believe how much energy it is taking to get going again after 2 weeks in a recliner.
 
The ferret_imp said:
lol mounting up seems to be an issue whether you are tall or short it seems.

Only rode 70 miles today with a break at the 40 mile mark. Can't believe how much energy it is taking to get going again after 2 weeks in a recliner.
I have had a cold for the last month which has continued to suck the life out of me. My first ride of the year will be tomorrow afternoon. I am a bit concerned about fatigue causing me a problem. But after a 7 month winter I want to ride. Fortunately there are a lot of rest spots along the route where I can rest and turn around if need be.
 
Thread starter
Take breaks as you need them Nortoon, or before you actually need them if possible.

I made the comment to my wife the other day after being exhausted from a ride, that that some guys won't ride for 4,5 6 months and I don't know how they could get going again. It takes a certain amount of energy and stamina to ride (at least for me) especially riding for a couple of hours.

Today's ride was 64 miles, no breaks and I am feeling better although the right knee still sucks..stiff and painful.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Take breaks as you need them Nortoon, or before you actually need them if possible.

I made the comment to my wife the other day after being exhausted from a ride, that that some guys won't ride for 4,5 6 months and I don't know how they could get going again. It takes a certain amount of energy and stamina to ride (at least for me) especially riding for a couple of hours.

Today's ride was 64 miles, no breaks and I am feeling better although the right knee still sucks..stiff and painful.
Is it better when the knee is less bent?
 
Thread starter
A cruiser? Lol... NO! A scooter maybe.

Riding is a not a problem for the knee.... mounting , dismounting, putting it down for a stop is a problem. It's getting better, just not there yet.
 
Hummm, there may be a Super Cub waiting at the dealer with your name on it...
 
Thread starter
Nope, had not heard of that.
 
aaa2533137866858b653b552fe5aa618.png
 
Thread starter
Yea, Miata is not an option lol. My brother has one, neither my wife nor I can get in or out of it. An Accord sport might be nice though.

My leg is going to heal.... it has to lol

Then I can deal with the arthritis developing in my throttle hand.

I need a transfusion of Rocky blood lol
 
The Miata is a nice cage once you get inside - yes.

I keep slamming my forehead on the windshield frame (top open) when I get in the front seat. :dodgy:
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Are you suggesting... a cruiser?
;)

The ferret_imp said:
A cruiser? Lol... NO! A scooter maybe.

Riding is a not a problem for the knee.... mounting , dismounting, putting it down for a stop is a problem. It's getting better, just not there yet.
Why not a Vista Cruiser? :rofl:

870de33f841cb0f97600698be1602900.jpg
 
5dd7195f932724549c5e90f7b8866685.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this one of the first cars to have sun roof for the back seat? Seems like the back seat also set up higher than the front. My father in law always wanted one of these.
 
I'm gonna recommend a four wheeled electric scooter. :rofl:

:thanks:
Although the Vista Cruiser is an inspired choice. :worship:
 
You’re right, off-road. They definitely had the rooftop viewports. Maybe the later models had the rear seat a little higher for the kids to see better.

Personally, I love the wagons from the late ‘60s / early ‘70s. They only vehicle sold today that is their equal for roominess and convenient utility is the minivan, but they fall way short of the station wagon in the style and looks department.
 
Back
Top