On eBay- 2013 CB $6000 BIN

These bikes depreciate horribly. I don't get it. Beautiful, quality machines in the midst of a retro bike boom. That's a steal for someone.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Where's OldF7Guy? Now's his chance!
Yep, going to be another sleepless night. Want a 14 DLX bad. Never going to be satisfied with the 13 long term and no offence to 13 owners. I just know what I want. Trying to figure if I can flip the 13. 13s go for 7600 -7700 brand new now if you really shop. Then I have to pay 6 percent sales tax to the state of KY and cant weasel out of it like you can on a used purchase from an individual. So Im at about 6400. Its a good deal but not what I want.

13s may be hard to flip also. I am going to put about 7K on my nighthawk this year and its still worth about what I paid for it. They kinda have depreciated out for the most part so I know what it will bring. If I put 7K on a CB11 in one year what will it bring??? And how hard will it be to sell? I dont feel like you can trade them in. My 750 will be an easy sell imo but a 13 cb11 would be a tough sale due to higher price.

I probably spend too much time crunching numbers. If a man wants a 13 this is the deal you need to take now.

Im sorely tempted.
 
I forgot you were a DLX a man. I can't see flipping this bike working out to more than a few hundred. Get some sleep. There is a DLX a in your future. I predict you will find one at your price point within the next 6 weeks. Remember, you heard it here first.
 
Thread starter
Well anyway, the auction has ended. Somebody got a very nice deal, a full $1010 less than I paid about two months ago, and I thought I got a really good deal at $7010.

I hope Max's BMW sees this sale. They keep relisting Ack's bike on eBay even when the bidding gets to $6K.
 
Capo_imp said:
These bikes depreciate horribly. I don't get it. Beautiful, quality machines in the midst of a retro bike boom. That's a steal for someone.
Yeah. 60% of new cost after 2 years? That's really sad...
 
Thread starter
Don't assume by one sale this is the norm. Although many motorcycles will depreciate 25-30% as soon as you ride off the dealership, IMO, this price (6K) is at least $500-$1000 too low.
 
The ferret_imp said:
cbdtran_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
In Tennessee. Only 489 miles on it...$5500 with $6000 Buy It Now...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB-/281456867418#ht_659wt_923
deep patina, my bike doesn't have it until many thousand miles later ...
deep patina, my bike doesn't have it until many thousand miles later ...

Yea I don't get it. That dark of head pipes in 498 miles?
I noticed that too. Very dark near the head. Looks like it was running hotter than normal. My pipes have about 7K miles on them and they're still not that dark.

I see someone snapped it up at the Buy It Now price. Maybe we'll see the new owner here soon. Whoever it is, he got a great deal.
 
Thread starter
I bought my CB with 574 miles on it and the pipes looked great. I would say that in only the next 150-200 miles they suddenly looked about half as brown as that bike. So I started polishing them then. My point is, I think it can happen fast.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
I bought my CB with 574 miles on it and the pipes looked great. I would say that in only the next 150-200 miles they suddenly looked about half as brown as that bike. So I started polishing them then. My point is, I think it can happen fast.
I have read somewhere that the dealer is supposed to wash the exhaust system before running the the bike. If this is not done the pipes had a tendency to turn brown. Maybe the dealer did not follow these instructions. Could this be happening more than people realize?
 
Thread starter
I think so, especially because many of these dealers don't want to pay one of their employees just to uncrate new bikes, and lose that employee off the floor or the service department for a couple of hours. So they just hire someone's 14 yr old kid that likes bikes and maybe rides dirt and wants to learn the business, and he's the one who spends his Saturdays unpacking the new machines.
 
Back
Top