On a dirt road to Blowing Rock NC

gcarper_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter

4 of us ride together every week, call ourselves the CPRs [ Carolina Pro Riders ] which sounds better than old farts. All retired ,pushing and over 70 and ride at least 10 Kmiles a year. And we enjoy all roads even though they sometimes are a challenge to our street bikes.
 
No wonder you put knobbies on your CB lol
 
That's a good road. For the most part, easy corners with no hairpins. I guees the spring foliage is yet to return to the trees. Or has that area been hit hard by bushfire? I must Google up Blowing Rock to learn a little about it - timber, dairy, tourism?

Once again, good vid and thanks for posting it. I really enjoy looking at where you blokes ride.

Cheers
 
What the others said.
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
That's a good road. For the most part, easy corners with no hairpins. I guees the spring foliage is yet to return to the trees. Or has that area been hit hard by bushfire? I must Google up Blowing Rock to learn a little about it - timber, dairy, tourism?

Once again, good vid and thanks for posting it. I really enjoy looking at where you blokes ride.

Cheers
Spring is just beginning, and it is colder in the mountains than where I live in Gaffney SC. Tourism is the main draw there.
redbirds_imp said:
Nice video and a well groomed dirt road. Is the paved road US321?
Yes, that is 321.
Pterodactyl_imp said:

Come on up and I'll show you some roads that make the Dragon look like a freeway!
 
That sounds interesting.
 
gcarper_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
How 'bout NC80 between Marion, NC and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
That's one and the rest of 80 from the blue ridge north across US 19. And how about NC 226A
That's one and the rest of 80 from the blue ridge north across US 19. And how about NC 226A
Have not taken that road before. Looks very twisty on the map.
 
Back
Top