Old School Saddlemen Double Bucket Seat installed

Dude_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Bought the kit for a 1979 cb750. Attached it to my seat pan.

Got bored and figured i would change things up lol. Figured the seat would push me back more but instead i am a little further forward. It would be perfect if the controls were a little further forward as well. Passenger seat is awesome, fit is super snug

c7d2cc6e9f0bc5dd472149c6fd8a01e8.jpg
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
reminds me of my old 75 CB750 from way back... had a vetter windjammer and one of those seats. seat lasted about a week. fairing made it 6 mos. I really thought those were a thing of the past. Yeesh. never saw the appeal.
They seem similar to the gl1100 seats, thats what made me want to try it in the first place.
 
Back in the day we sold tons of those to GL1000 owners
 
Nice. Made me laugh.

If it’s comfortable and you dig it, that’s all that matters.

No worse than many of the plank seats on all the Craig’s list hack job ‘cafe racer’ or ‘scrambler’ wannabes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Dude_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
well... that's different
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
I just switched back to my Corbin after testing out a Daytona seat for 2500km, the Corbin wins. The "bum bucket" is perfect for me.

I also put a set of Rox 2" riser extenders on yesterday, the bike is now perfect for me.
 
The good news is, if you are waiting for a Corbin as in "already ordered it" you won't have long to wait. I ordered one about two weeks ago and it came last week. Got to put about 300 miles on it and love it, despite what they say about needing to break it in.
Apparently they do a good job of custom fitting, asking height, weight and comments. I put in "more like Homer Simpson than Superman" and it fits me to a T.
Doh!

Ben
 
Banned_imp said:
Dude_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
well... that's different
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
I just switched back to my Corbin after testing out a Daytona seat for 2500km, the Corbin wins. The "bum bucket" is perfect for me.

I also put a set of Rox 2" riser extenders on yesterday, the bike is now perfect for me.
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
I just switched back to my Corbin after testing out a Daytona seat for 2500km, the Corbin wins. The "bum bucket" is perfect for me.

I also put a set of Rox 2" riser extenders on yesterday, the bike is now perfect for me. Did you have to modify the wiring and hydraulics when you installed the riser?
 
Thread starter
RoyP_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Dude_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
well... that's different
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
I just switched back to my Corbin after testing out a Daytona seat for 2500km, the Corbin wins. The "bum bucket" is perfect for me.

I also put a set of Rox 2" riser extenders on yesterday, the bike is now perfect for me.
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
I just switched back to my Corbin after testing out a Daytona seat for 2500km, the Corbin wins. The "bum bucket" is perfect for me.

I also put a set of Rox 2" riser extenders on yesterday, the bike is now perfect for me. Did you have to modify the wiring and hydraulics when you installed the riser?
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
I just switched back to my Corbin after testing out a Daytona seat for 2500km, the Corbin wins. The "bum bucket" is perfect for me.

I also put a set of Rox 2" riser extenders on yesterday, the bike is now perfect for me. Did you have to modify the wiring and hydraulics when you installed the riser?
Ive installed the rox risers as well. Didnt have to modify wiring or brake lines. Not the case for every bike though.
 
RoyP_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Dude_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
well... that's different
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
I just switched back to my Corbin after testing out a Daytona seat for 2500km, the Corbin wins. The "bum bucket" is perfect for me.

I also put a set of Rox 2" riser extenders on yesterday, the bike is now perfect for me.
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers
I just switched back to my Corbin after testing out a Daytona seat for 2500km, the Corbin wins. The "bum bucket" is perfect for me.

I also put a set of Rox 2" riser extenders on yesterday, the bike is now perfect for me. Did you have to modify the wiring and hydraulics when you installed the riser?
Waiting for a corbin, this gave me something to do in the meantime lol


Next on the list are rox risers

I just switched back to my Corbin after testing out a Daytona seat for 2500km, the Corbin wins. The "bum bucket" is perfect for me.

I also put a set of Rox 2" riser extenders on yesterday, the bike is now perfect for me. Did you have to modify the wiring and hydraulics when you installed the riser?
No, all the cables/hose are long enough but just. Any more than 2" will require new ones.
 
Back
Top