Old GIVI mount and bags on 2014 CB

rboe

Road warrior
Thread starter
A buddy picked up a Nighthawk with the GIVI system on it and didn't want it so he sold it to me. Finally got around to adapting to the CB with the help of a mutual friend - with a welder.


I do have some clearance problems with the muffler, "may" need to look at a smaller aftermarket unit to keep the saddlebag from melting. I have a heat shield but fear it may not be good enough.

I test fitted my 56l GIVI top case and it clears much better. No ribs to act as feet.
 
Looks good. Those are rare to find.
 
The bags look great.

I’m waiting for the bubble to burst.
 
yea we moderators have to earn our keep you know
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the fix. I can type close to 100 words a minute - if you assume that needed corrections are ignored. :D

Turns out GIVI still makes those bags; Revzilla has them for $175.00 each.

I attached a heat shield but it touches - hard - on the bottom of the bag, need to bend/tweak the mounts a bit or I'll wear a hole in the bottom of the bag. Shoulda taped a hunk of wood to the exhaust as a spacer during the set up to insure proper distance. sigh.

Have a trip to Furnace Creek in Death Valley planned in a couple weeks so this is prep leading up to that trip.
 
Back
Top