the Ferret
Road warrior
There will be tires available. If I'm not mistaken Honda HAS to provide replacement parts for 10 years on models released in the U.S., don't they?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
curlyjoe_imp said:Have you checked hondapartshouse for OEM tubes/tires for the '17 EX. They have them listed as parts available for ordering. Too good to be true maybe but you never know.Nortoon_imp said:I agree with first three complaints, although the buzz was an easy fix with inexpensive Grip Puppies sold by California Sport Touring.Ben70_imp said:No problem! Just get the CB, you'll love it. The common complaints are seat, top heavy, and buzz. Lots of people don't feel the buzz.
Oh, probably the main and nearly universal gripe is not noisy enough, but the 17 may be different. Good luck!
Ben
The new twin mufflers on the 2017 CB1100 EX are noisy. Very Un-Honda like. They don't bother me because I wear 3M earplugs.
My major complaint is that there are no replacement tires for the 18 inch spoke wheels on 2017 model in North America. Numerous calls to Dunlop Motorcycle Tires in Ohio leaves with me with the impression that Honda does not intend to import them. A $12,000 throw-away toy after one summer's riding. Not at all impressed!![]()
Front wheel parts listing
[url=http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5907901a87a8660d54fac327/rear-wheel-1]Rear wheel parts listing
Haven't decided yet, but between the two I find myself leaning toward the T120 over the CB1100, for these reasons:Cormanus_imp said:So, VLJ, any progress?
mickey, that dyno comparo is one of the primary reasons I'm worried that the Honda will just be too slow and unresponsive to satisfy me. Notice that the lighter, much shorter-wheelbase Triumph is stronger than the Honda everywhere, both HP and torque (quite a bit more torque), except for those final couple-few thousand RPM where the T120 won't go—and where the Honda is electronically limited in the top gears. Anywhere on the Triumph's tach, it's making more power and torque than the Honda.The ferret_imp said:Sounds to me as if the T-120 would make you happier. Quit torturing yourself and head to the Triumph dealership. Might be able to wrangle a deal on a 2017 left over.
Both fine motorcycles, you can't go wrong.
Interesting comparo here . the dyno chart is particularly interesting for someone worried about power
Retro Roadsters Revisited: BMW R nineT Pure vs Honda CB1100EX vs Triumph Bonneville T120 Black

Very much the case with meVLJ_imp said:The odd thing is I now seem to be comparing the CB1100 more to the XSR900 than to the T120. Since my bar risers-modded XSR has the same seating position as the T120 (more legroom than the CB1100), and since it has an inline motor like the CB1100's (a Triple rather than an I4), I'm still struggling with the notion of swapping out equal-or-greater comfort/more affordable/faster/punchier/150 lbs lighter/better handing/better braking/equally reliable for prettier/cooler/lower seat height/larger fuel tank/greater pride of ownership.
I have a harder time making that leap than I do in justifying the Honda over the Triumph. Long-term, I trust the Honda more than I trust the Triumph Twin. I have greater faith in the Honda's reliability, and also in its ability to continue that pride-of-ownership feeling. Compared to the Yamaha, however, I don't see the Honda proving to be any more reliable, though I certainly find it to be far more desirable, with significantly more pride of ownership.
The Triumph covers the Honda in many regards, but possibly not in the all-important one: simply put, which bike would I rather own? I would love to come out and see that Honda in the garage, every day. I might grow bored with either bike, but I suspect I'd grow bored with the Triumph more quickly than I would with the Honda...with one caveat: the Honda must not bore me in the first place. As long as I initially enjoy riding the Honda, I strongly suspect that my enjoyment of it would only grow over time. The more its smooth, solid, competent character seeped into my bones, the more I would grow to love it.
It just has to pass that first hurdle, and I can't test ride the bike to learn the answer.
Not all bikes. I can get a local test ride on any BMW, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia, Indian, or Harley I want. I can likely also get a test ride on a Yamaha, Suzuki, or Kawasaki, provided I'm ready to buy the bike right then and there if I like it.Cormanus_imp said:You really need to ride one, don't you? Otherwise you'll always wonder.
I find it extraordinary that it's impossible to test ride a bike in the USA.

Yep, that's how it is with my local Kawi/Yamaha dealer, and also the local Suzuki dealer.pdedse_imp said:My local dealer doesnt want to give test rides until you're fairly sure, but they told me if I have it narrowed down to 2 bikes and are serious about buying then they would allow it... maybe you could lay it out for them like that? I think I said simply, there's a good chance I'll buy uf I can test ride. but 0 chance if I cant,... they let me and I bought it.
