OK, gotta get this off my chest, I really hate the word "farkle"...

I too don't care for the word, didn't know it existed before I joined this Forum. I won't use the word in public. If I'm talking to someone about changing the mirrors on my bike, I say I changed the mirrors.

What did you do in your CB today ?

I Farkeled my CB today. :cool: hmmm

I added accoutrements to my CB. what Ferret said

I accessorized my CB today. That's okay for my daughter to say

I did some Mods on my CB today. Way cooler than I'll ever be :P

Hey, I changed the mirrors on my CB today. :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
Chapomis_imp said:
I too don't care for the word, didn't know it existed before I joined this Forum. I won't use the word in public. If I'm talking to someone about changing the mirrors on my bike, I say I changed the mirrors.

What did you do in your CB today ?

I Farkeled my CB today. :cool: hmmm

I added accoutrements to my CB. what Ferret said

I accessorized my CB today. That's okay for my daughter to say

I did some Mods on my CB today. Way cooler than I'll ever be :P

Hey, I changed the mirrors on my CB today. :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
:rofl: strange isn't it how plain English always works :D
 
Gentlemen,

This thread has nailed it. I also hate both "farkle" and "twisties". That last sentence is the first time I have ever used either of those terrible words. Reading either one of them is like fingernails screeching across a blackboard. Nice to know I'm not alone with this issue.

Chip
 
Twisties is an Aussie snack icon that has had a special place in our hearts for more than 50 years. Life's pretty straight without Twisties! Cheese. Chicken. Cheese.

Regards
 
these terms remind me of the 80's valley girl crap, I guess as long as it doesn't fall into the "politically correct" nonsense i'm ok with it?
 
Capo_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Wow glad I slept in this morning. A heck of a thread to read first thing in the morning lol

I'd use accoutrements but not sure I could spell it and not really sure how to say it.

Btw Capo.. Did I miss your ride report on your new Thruxton?
No, been too busy this week, but the report is on the way!
No, been too busy this week, but the report is on the way!
And update your signature with the new bike already, too, woodja Capo? Geeze. Trying to keep the rest of us from having something else to drool about, or what? :D
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Wow glad I slept in this morning. A heck of a thread to read first thing in the morning lol

I'd use accoutrements but not sure I could spell it and not really sure how to say it.

Btw Capo.. Did I miss your ride report on your new Thruxton?
No, been too busy this week, but the report is on the way!
No, been too busy this week, but the report is on the way!
And update your signature with the new bike already, too, woodja Capo? Geeze. Trying to keep the rest of us from having something else to drool about, or what? :D
No, been too busy this week, but the report is on the way!
And update your signature with the new bike already, too, woodja Capo? Geeze. Trying to keep the rest of us from having something else to drool about, or what? :D
Alright, alright, let me get a bowl of soup for lunch, sit at my desk, and crank out the report...and change my sig!
 
I could careless how the word is spelled so long as I know what it means. It is just an abstract symbol representing a concept.

The only thing constant is change. Adapt, evolve or die seems appropriate to this situation.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
I have no problem going on anyone's "ignore" list.

Farkle is a useful non-perjorative word that is neither an insult or compliment. By the person speaking it or hearing it.

It has been around for decades. It is in such common use that I was "almost" surprised some members here haven't heard of it.

I'll continue to use it because it works for me and a thousand of my friends.

This month's Rider magazine:

Page 68 "so farkle fanatics can add all four..."

Just four pages later (page 72): "Back on the road alongside Shuswap Lake. Twisties await..."

Sometimes, just sometimes, people need to chillax :D:beerchug::D

But...like my grandpappy used to say "Haters gonna hate, son!"
 
Funny thread but I'm in the camp of liking the word. It's always amusing to see the expression of someone who's never heard it, especially those that don't ride. "What's a farkle?" you hear. It always seems to stick in their head and they seem to ensure they use the word the next time you discuss bikes......
 
Olyrider_imp said:
I have no problem going on anyone's "ignore" list.

Farkle is a useful non-perjorative word that is neither an insult or compliment. By the person speaking it or hearing it.

It has been around for decades. It is in such common use that I was "almost" surprised some members here haven't heard of it.

I'll continue to use it because it works for me and a thousand of my friends.

This month's Rider magazine:

Page 68 "so farkle fanatics can add all four..."

Just four pages later (page 72): "Back on the road alongside Shuswap Lake. Twisties await..."

Sometimes, just sometimes, people need to chillax :D:beerchug::D

But...like my grandpappy used to say "Haters gonna hate, son!"
Oh, goody, can we get into 'chillax' now?
 
I first came across the word on the Yamaha FJR forum some years back. I really wondered what they were talking about. After some searching I discovered they were talking about motorcycle accessories and special performance parts. I just figured it was one of the new words the young people are using.

Heck, it took me a while to figure out what a squid was. Times change, not always for the better in language and music, but that is coming from a senior citizen! lol!
 
Back
Top