Oil leak... Please help me..

Coldshot_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hello everyone. I'm James from south korea and I have 2015 cb1100dlx.
By the way, I have found oil leak from the engine side(front, beside of manifold)
I think it looks serious. I only ride my precious cb 3000km,
It looks that oil flowing from the middle of the engine side... Not from the valve top cover side.

Anyone has same problem or any kind of fix it?

My friend told me that this oil leak started from the spark plug side but not sure.
 
If that is the only place that you see oil, then I wouldn't worry about it. I almost looks as if you ran through something and it landed there.
 
+1

wash it off with some contact cleaner and see if it returns. No reason for oil to be just there, if it were an oil leak it would run backwards from wind pressure towards the cylinder. almost looks like coke or coffee, rather than oil.
 
Yup. I wouldn't worry. It's definetely not from a spark plug -- there is no way that oil could leak from the spark plug to the front of the engine. At 3000 miles I'd guess you either ran over something (as mentioned above) or it's just some assembly lube or grease that melted and ran out.
 
Back
Top