ClassicVW_imp
Road warrior
Andor, that looks identical to the one I saw, as far as I can tell. Looks very solid.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
powerdogg11_imp said:It never ceases to amaze me at the comments about anything dealing with oil will generate a "robust" string of comments. I highly recommend that you use some type of oil and a filter. Let your conscious or wallet be your guide.
The venerable Yamaha XS650 is an example of a motorcycle engine that DOES NOT have an oil filter (only a crude screen to catch the really big pieces of metal).Blockhead_imp said:Our bikes use oil filters? Hmmm...:dodgy:
I remember those POS "filters." The screen looked like chicken wire. Then again, we could pull the engine and rebuild it in an afternoon with a Crescent wrench, hammer, and screwdriver...and frequently did.ClassicVW_imp said:Most of the old VW Beetles too. Just a screen. And you couldn't kill those engines. Altho my wife did kill one years ago when trying to find its top speed on the highway. She found out it didn't like 80+ MPH for an extended time.
That's about it. My friends and I used to build Baja Bugs in high school. Our record was 25 min. to pull the engine, slide a new clutch in and put the engine back in (we went through a lot of clutches in the desert hills).ClassicVW_imp said:Yeah. I pulled an engine and put a rebuilt one in ALL BY MYSELF. Try that with any other car. What was it, like 8 bolts and it was out?
If that many...a fuel line, a few wires, the air ducts. The neighbor had a barn with an overhead block and tackle. A couple milk crates under the engine, disconnect everything, then lift the back of the car up and slide the engine out from underneath. Me and the neighbor kid had a lot of fun messing around with those old VeeDubs.ClassicVW_imp said:Yeah. I pulled an engine and put a rebuilt one in ALL BY MYSELF. Try that with any other car. What was it, like 8 bolts and it was out?
True words of wisdom can be found on this forum. Thank you for an opinion most of us will agree with.gossman_imp said:I like hamburgers
True words of wisdom can be found on this forum. Thank you for an opinion most of us will agree with.Slowgroove2013_imp said:True words of wisdom can be found on this forum. Thank you for an opinion most of us will agree with.gossman_imp said:I like hamburgers
BTW, I like beef, lamb, and even a good veggie burger. Turkey is a little too bland.