Stealth128_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Recommendations for oil filter? Or has anyone used the K&N and what is the correct part number?
Thanks
Thanks
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
+1TINK_imp said:I stick with the Honda OEM filter... Just my comfort level.
That's why I stick with the OEMs. Both my CB750 and CB11 use the same filter. I've got the cap tool that fits over the end for removal and installation (which works perfect for the CB750 as the filter comes out between the two middle header pipes). When I tried out other filters, the cap wrench didn't fit them and removal was a lot more difficult on the 750.Stealth128_imp said:Thank You all great info! I will go with the K&N only because the nut on the front won't have to hunt down the filter wrench.
That is what I use also. 7.19 each on Amazon and free shipping if you buy 5. My local stealer wanted 20 dollars a piece which I think is just outrageous and I dont know who even makes the filter. I would not be against using the oem filter if I knew who made it and if I could get a decent price on them.DAC_imp said:Purolator PureOne oil filter Part # PL14612.
That is what I use also. 7.19 each on Amazon and free shipping if you buy 5. My local stealer wanted 20 dollars a piece which I think is just outrageous and I dont know who even makes the filter. I would not be against using the oem filter if I knew who made it and if I could get a decent price on them.OldF7Guy_imp said:That is what I use also. 7.19 each on Amazon and free shipping if you buy 5. My local stealer wanted 20 dollars a piece which I think is just outrageous and I dont know who even makes the filter. I would not be against using the oem filter if I knew who made it and if I could get a decent price on them.DAC_imp said:Purolator PureOne oil filter Part # PL14612.
That is what I use also. 7.19 each on Amazon and free shipping if you buy 5. My local stealer wanted 20 dollars a piece which I think is just outrageous and I dont know who even makes the filter. I would not be against using the oem filter if I knew who made it and if I could get a decent price on them.Stealth128_imp said:That is what I use also. 7.19 each on Amazon and free shipping if you buy 5. My local stealer wanted 20 dollars a piece which I think is just outrageous and I dont know who even makes the filter. I would not be against using the oem filter if I knew who made it and if I could get a decent price on them.OldF7Guy_imp said:That is what I use also. 7.19 each on Amazon and free shipping if you buy 5. My local stealer wanted 20 dollars a piece which I think is just outrageous and I dont know who even makes the filter. I would not be against using the oem filter if I knew who made it and if I could get a decent price on them.DAC_imp said:Purolator PureOne oil filter Part # PL14612.
Is this Purolator PL14612 one rated for motorcylces? According to Purolator the use of their car filters on motorcycles will void your warranty.
Thanks,
I got a similar citation that pointed me to the Purolator filter.Houtman_imp said:There is an oil filter "test" on the net where they cut open new filters from different brands and the Honda OEM came out very good.
Why would Honda sell bad filters , they have them made for them and are in the warranty business for their products
I always buy the Honda filters and also their oils.
That is what I use also. 7.19 each on Amazon and free shipping if you buy 5. My local stealer wanted 20 dollars a piece which I think is just outrageous and I dont know who even makes the filter. I would not be against using the oem filter if I knew who made it and if I could get a decent price on them.Stealth128_imp said:That is what I use also. 7.19 each on Amazon and free shipping if you buy 5. My local stealer wanted 20 dollars a piece which I think is just outrageous and I dont know who even makes the filter. I would not be against using the oem filter if I knew who made it and if I could get a decent price on them.OldF7Guy_imp said:That is what I use also. 7.19 each on Amazon and free shipping if you buy 5. My local stealer wanted 20 dollars a piece which I think is just outrageous and I dont know who even makes the filter. I would not be against using the oem filter if I knew who made it and if I could get a decent price on them.DAC_imp said:Purolator PureOne oil filter Part # PL14612.
Is this Purolator PL14612 one rated for motorcylces? According to Purolator the use of their car filters on motorcycles will void your warranty.
Thanks,
I agree with your advice above.Houtman_imp said:There is an oil filter "test" on the net where they cut open new filters from different brands and the Honda OEM came out very good.
Why would Honda sell bad filters , they have them made for them and are in the warranty business for their products
I always buy the Honda filters and also their oils.