Oil Drain Plug Washer Size

Tev62

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hi

does anyone have a value for the oil drain plug washer size. e.g. M 18 x 22 x 1,5
or M 20 x 24 x 1,5, or M 22 x 27 x 1,5.

Just looking to buy a pack of five online, it looks like an outside diameter of 22mm but it is a little difficult to read the ruler on my back.
 
I believe it's a 14 mm crush washer. I get them at a Honda car dealer for Honda Civics.
 
Last week during the oil change prior to winter storage I discovered it by luck (since my motorcycle dealership gave me the wrong part) that the HONDA car dealership
carries the same gasket.
Since I already drained the oil and was stuck and the HONDA car dealership is just 5 minutes away from home compared to 30 minutes for the Powersport dealership, I brought my old gasket as sample and took a chance.
My luck, they have the same gasket in stock, While there, I purchased 5 of the gasket.

Same part # 94109-14000 @ $0.54 (14mm)

Oil filter 15410-MFJ-D01

GOOD LUCK!
Regards
Alain
 
Alain...they don't carry the oil filter at the car dealership do they? (never thought to look or ask)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Alain...they don't carry the oil filter at the car dealership do they? (never thought to look or ask)
They will in cases where a Honda Power Sports is integrated with a Honda automobile dealership.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Alain...they don't carry the oil filter at the car dealership do they? (never thought to look or ask)
Sorry, I only bought the gasket and never asked for the oil filter.

BTY, I tried to support the local powersport dealer, should they close their doors I will have to drive further to get parts.
Regrets if my previous comments was misleading.

Regards
Alain
 
In case you need one in an emergency, you can use one off a spark plug, such as a common NGK "B" series plug. Better than using a flattened-out washer that's curling up over the lip.
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
In case you need one in an emergency, you can use one off a spark plug, such as a common NGK "B" series plug. Better than using a flattened-out washer that's curling up over the lip.
good idea.
 
I recall a discussion on this forum a number of years ago suggesting that buying the washers via Honda car dealerships was a lot cheaper than buying the identical part from the Powersports dealers. Ferret, I think that was based on your advice.
 
I never had to replace a drain plug washer on any motorcycle oil sump ever in 40 years of oil changes. The plug never seized, nor did the plug ever leak. In fact, probably the worse next closest "related" experience I ever had was getting a canister oil filter off. A screwdriver through it made quick work of that issue.
 
Tev62_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
In case you need one in an emergency, you can use one off a spark plug, such as a common NGK "B" series plug. Better than using a flattened-out washer that's curling up over the lip.
good idea.
good idea.
Another optiion is to re-anneal a used copper washer.

Just let it hang from a wire, heat it with a torch unti it's red, then let it cool at ambient temperature. It will be soft again, and will crush & seal on the next tightening.
 
Back
Top