Oil cooler lines pitting

DBM_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I saw some small rust pits on the chrome oil cooler lines. I am wondering if a problem could occur from these pits causing a leak.
 
DBM_imp said:
I saw some small rust pits on the chrome oil cooler lines. I am wondering if a problem could occur from these pits causing a leak.
I occasionally get some in the same place but it is generally just a little bit of surface rust which easily comes away on a clean. A bit of FS365 or similar all around the engine does help in this respect.
 
Try to scrub with aluminium foil. If it's surface dirt/rust it will come off, and th aliminium won't scratch chrome or stainless
 
Thread starter
jtopiso_imp said:
Try to scrub with aluminium foil. If it's surface dirt/rust it will come off, and th aliminium won't scratch chrome or stainless
Thanks for the tip
GoldOxide_imp said:
Yes, some modern chrome polish/paste will make fast work of surface rust pitting and protect the region in the future.
I will try this and report back. I have a tube of SemiChrome paste
GoldOxide_imp said:
Yes, some modern chrome polish/paste will make fast work of surface rust pitting and protect the region in the future.
I will try this and report back. I have a tube of SemiChrome paste.
 
Back
Top